My Passport from Amazon no longer gets phone or internet indoors in many places.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-16 12:06 PM
    That's no good.
    10-29-16 12:12 PM
    TMOBILE is like that. Maybe a tower is down. Doesn't sound phone related.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-16 02:29 PM
    I recently used in Miami, Florida and worked flawlessly. The only thing I couldn't get to work was the wifi calls.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 410907
    10-29-16 03:54 PM
    I recently used in Miami, Florida and worked flawlessly. The only thing I couldn't get to work was the wifi calls.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 410907
    Without changing the radio, you'll never get WFC.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    10-29-16 05:46 PM
    Get a weboost cell phone booster.

I had this problem...two bars of four g outside, none to one inside. With the weboost it is up to five bars. Amazing device.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 07:27 AM
    Get a weboost cell phone booster.

I had this problem...two bars of four g outside, none to one inside. With the weboost it is up to five bars. Amazing device.

Posted via CB10
    TMO still offers those?

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    10-30-16 08:56 AM
    Cell phone Booster-TMobile gave me one free for my apartment-it worked but interfered with my router. My Netflix movies kept loading slowly or losing the connection. Anyhow that just helped at home and not indoors elsewhere.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 09:31 AM
    Went to T-Mobile store to replace Sim card for a third time. Still either Emergency Calls only or says 4GLTE yet no phone or Internet. T-Mobile rep confided in me that all Blackberry phones are experiencing intermittent reception as T-Mobile is installing new towers. I went to Verizon to sign up with them but sales person said Blackberry Passport not compatible with their Network!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-03-16 09:59 AM
    Went to T-Mobile store to replace Sim card for a third time. Still either Emergency Calls only or says 4GLTE yet no phone or Internet. T-Mobile rep confided in me that all Blackberry phones are experiencing intermittent reception as T-Mobile is installing new towers. I went to Verizon to sign up with them but sales person said Blackberry Passport not compatible with their Network!!!

Posted via CB10
    ^ This. My Classic has started acting up lately, randomly dropping signal and going into emergency calls only. It also occasionally says "SIM not detected" which leads be to believe it's a hardware issue. But I'm getting same behavior as Walter for most part. Also on T-Mobile.

Sadly BlackBerry has such bad carrier support, and BB10 devices are all so old as to be out of warranty, that there's really no one who can help.

 C L A S S I C
    11-03-16 10:27 AM
    ^ This. My Classic has started acting up lately, randomly dropping signal and going into emergency calls only. It also occasionally says "SIM not detected" which leads be to believe it's a hardware issue. But I'm getting same behavior as Walter for most part. Also on T-Mobile.

Sadly BlackBerry has such bad carrier support, and BB10 devices are all so old as to be out of warranty, that there's really no one who can help.

 C L A S S I C
    I honestly just noticed this too!!

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    11-04-16 06:46 AM
    I also got the TMo cell booster. I have no issues with my router and now I have full coverage where I had none. TM o charges a refundable $25 deposit on the booster. I suggest you try it and see if it solves your coverage issues. If it doesn't, then return it.
    11-05-16 09:01 AM
    My Blackberry Passport's network connection has been non-existent or quite sporadic for last three months. Most of the time it said Emergency Calls Only! Of course I could use wi-fi where available but I've been carrying a flip phone around with me so I could get calls since I've had no phone service. Even when my phone said 4GLTE I wasn't able to get internet or phone. Tried security wipe, hard and soft resets, turning airplane mode on and off, replacing Sim card three times. I was worried maybe defective sim tray or antenna problem. T-Mobile suggested reinstalling operating system. I didn't know that a security wipe and reinstalling the Blackberry 10 operating system were not the same. That did the trick-except for indoor my apartment house-which can be corrected with free Cellspot router from T-Mobile. Before reinstalling the OS make sure you have complete backup on Link so you can restore everything when done-apps, photos etc.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-16 09:57 AM
    Just to report back, I decided to do a full reinstall (not a security wipe - but a device reset via BlackBerry Link). Seems to have done the trick! Haven't had a network or SIM problem for a few days now.

The reset ended up upgrading the OS from 10.3.2.2514 (T-mobile officially supported release with WiFi calling) to version 10.3.2.2836. I was holding out on the upgrade so as not to lose WiFi calling, but it at least seems to have fixed my problem.

I guess given the poor state of BlackBerry/T-Mobile support, you can't have both and have to sacrifice the WiFi calling.

 C L A S S I C
    11-12-16 11:42 PM
    Posted via CB10
    11-13-16 09:32 AM
    Blackberry users on T-Mobile's network will be experiencing non-service or sporadic service at best till at least Mid-January as the carrier is doing a massive updating of their towers as per their tech support expert I spoke to today. So just changing sim cards, reloading operating systems etc. won't solve any Emergency Calls Only or no network found warnings. Or sometimes I seemed to be on 4GLTE yet no phone or Internet.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-16 02:09 PM
    T-Mobile is relying on LTE Band 12 for building penetration. The only BlackBerry devices supporting this band are the Android ones. This is one reason I am considering a move to the Priv, though I will wait ~6-8 weeks for more news on the Mercury/next pkb phone.
    11-16-16 05:29 AM