This is known issue and many have posted about it here and on Blackberry support and forum. Still the issue has not been addressed as far as I know. I now have a Passport but I am a self employed consultant working from home on my personal computer. I don't use cloud services as they are major security risks. I need to be able to synchronize my Outlook Calendar and Contacts (not email) between my main desk computer and my Passport.

But no luck. The only thing I have seen from Blackberry is "we don't support Outlook 2013." That is clear. It seems that Blackberry is only interested in customers who access the Outlook on a corporate infrastructure running exchange server. Do they not want individuals to buy their products?

I have tried two 3rd party synchronization products and they really don't work - just make a mess. I still have to copy the *.pst files to my laptop (running Windows 7 with Outlook 2010) then synchronize with Link from it. Then copy the *.pst files back to my primary computer. What a bother. I don't have an Oultook.com account and I don't use outlook for email or Google or MS or Yahoo or any of those open systems. I have my own private URL and set of mailboxes.
    10-25-14 05:30 PM
    Desktop PIM sync is a relic of the previous decade, I'm not at all surprised that support for it is being phased out across all platforms.
    anon(870071) likes this.
    10-25-14 05:41 PM
    In my consulting with large firms I receive meeting invites to drop into the outlook calendar. They are on MS exchange hence compatible with installed outlook. Often they contain information covered by court protective orders which essentially prohibit puic release. Anything on the cloud can be accessed by Adkins. - hence public.

The services from Google and others area not acceptable or secure. I am a certified information system auditor BTW.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 09:35 PM
    Wowowo I use microsoft office professional 2013 and calendar and contacts sync perfectly. Now to sync notes and tasks I use companion link on pc running 8.1 and on device dejaview/hub.

Alls well and syncs without a hitch.

Double check your account profile on the device and make sure you've set it correctly and that all default accounts are in line with the calendar and contacts you want to sync thru.

Also make sure your antivirus program is also not blocking the ports required for correct syncro.

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.908/Rogers Wireless
    jgrobertson likes this.
    10-25-14 09:53 PM
    Wowowo I use microsoft office professional 2013 and calendar and contacts sync perfectly. Now to sync notes and tasks I use companion link on pc running 8.1 and on device dejaview/hub.

Alls well and syncs without a hitch.

Double check your account profile on the device and make sure you've set it correctly and that all default accounts are in line with the calendar and contacts you want to sync thru.

Also make sure your antivirus program is also not blocking the ports required for correct syncro.

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.908/Rogers Wireless

I don't understand how you are synchronizing the contacts and calendar with that in Outlook. I have MS Office Home & Business 2013. I do not use Outlook.com and in fact I don't know what it is. I have my own web site and set of mailboxes which I can read from Outlook, Thunderbird and my Passport. That is mail only.

I try to use Link and it no longer gives the option to synchronize with Outlook at all. (Using Windows 8.1) The dropdown only has one option, and that is to synchronize contacts with Windows (not Outlook). I don't know what Windows contacts is except that there is a folder for it in my User account.

On outlook I have three mail accounts and multiple calendars and contact lists. Previously I could select on Link which calendar and contact list in Outlook to synchronize. Are you able to do that with your setup or have you set up some account with MS. If so, is there a monthly fee for that?

I short, how are you successfully synchronizing the contacts and calendar?

Thanks.
    10-26-14 05:31 PM
    This is known issue and many have posted about it here and on Blackberry support and forum. Still the issue has not been addressed as far as I know. I now have a Passport but I am a self employed consultant working from home on my personal computer. I don't use cloud services as they are major security risks. I need to be able to synchronize my Outlook Calendar and Contacts (not email) between my main desk computer and my Passport.

But no luck. The only thing I have seen from Blackberry is "we don't support Outlook 2013." That is clear. It seems that Blackberry is only interested in customers who access the Outlook on a corporate infrastructure running exchange server. Do they not want individuals to buy their products?

I have tried two 3rd party synchronization products and they really don't work - just make a mess. I still have to copy the *.pst files to my laptop (running Windows 7 with Outlook 2010) then synchronize with Link from it. Then copy the *.pst files back to my primary computer. What a bother. I don't have an Oultook.com account and I don't use outlook for email or Google or MS or Yahoo or any of those open systems. I have my own private URL and set of mailboxes.
    I run windows 7 and use outlook 2010 and ALL my calendar and contacts sync with my passport and have done without any problems they did the same with my z30.
    10-27-14 02:37 AM
    I'm in the same situation. Win 8.1, Outlook 2013, using own domain and emails. I have been using win 8.1 for a while together with outlook 2010 and all syncing worked fine.
    Recently I installed outlook 2013 and all of a sudden, just as previously described by jgrobertson, the dropdown doesn't show outlook anymore.
    Has this problem been resolved?
    12-08-14 02:29 AM
    I don't understand how you are synchronizing the contacts and calendar with that in Outlook. I have MS Office Home & Business 2013. I do not use Outlook.com and in fact I don't know what it is. I have my own web site and set of mailboxes which I can read from Outlook, Thunderbird and my Passport. That is mail only.

I try to use Link and it no longer gives the option to synchronize with Outlook at all. (Using Windows 8.1) The dropdown only has one option, and that is to synchronize contacts with Windows (not Outlook). I don't know what Windows contacts is except that there is a folder for it in my User account.

On outlook I have three mail accounts and multiple calendars and contact lists. Previously I could select on Link which calendar and contact list in Outlook to synchronize. Are you able to do that with your setup or have you set up some account with MS. If so, is there a monthly fee for that?

I short, how are you successfully synchronizing the contacts and calendar?

Thanks.
    Sorry bro being in an forum without both our computers side by side sucks! My default accnt set is setup properly and can sync calendars and contacts without a hitch!

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 02:40 AM
    I am trying to find a way to sync Outlook Notes. Could explain in a little more detail how you do it? Thanks much.
    02-22-15 12:28 PM