After removing my SIM card to test if I could find a BB software update with BB Link, my BB no longer detects the SIM card that has been working fine for a year. I tried my old Rogers SIM and it doesn't detect it either. I don't understand how it can just stop working after 1 removal. Other than repeatedly trying to shut down and insert. Anything I can do other than having to buy a new phone?
    10-02-16 10:40 AM
    After removing my SIM card to test if I could find a BB software update with BB Link, my BB no longer detects the SIM card that has been working fine for a year. I tried my old Rogers SIM and it doesn't detect it either. I don't understand how it can just stop working after 1 removal. Other than repeatedly trying to shut down and insert. Anything I can do other than having to buy a new phone?
    Was the SIM you did have in it in a SIM adapter?
    One of those things to let you use a smaller SIM card in a larger size SIM slot.
    If so, those have been known to damage the contact pins in the SIM slot when they are forced removed as the way the pins are shaped they can get caught in the gaps of the adapter and bend or get compressed too much due to the adapter being a bit thicker in size. Once the pin are damaged, they no longer line up correctly to make connect with the SIM or short out.
    10-02-16 11:36 AM
    No it was a regular nano SIM card from Telus.
    10-02-16 11:43 AM
    if you still have warranty I suggest taking it and having it checked out but if you don't have any warranty it will definitely cost you to get that repaired and really any repair shop will be able to fix that for you on the cheap. now I can't give out an exact price or an estimate but I've had replaced my simslot on a q5 before and it really only costed me about $30 but this was a while back so things could be even cheaper now.
    10-02-16 11:47 AM
    Does it show an error code or statement. When you go to Settings, Security & Privacy and look under SIM Card is the SIM Card Lock set?

 Passport SQW100-1/ 10.3.1.2876, Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576, Classic SQC100-4/ 10.3.2.2836 
    10-02-16 12:52 PM
    The only thing that shows under Sim Card under Security and Privacy is "A SIM card isn't detected on this device" then Network - Unlocked, Network Subset - Unlocked, Service Provider - Unlocked.
    10-02-16 01:28 PM
    I have a quote of $70 but will take 3 days to get the part. I'd like to avoid being without a phone for 3 days with no text/voice calls.
    10-02-16 01:29 PM
    It may not be sitting well inside the slot anymore. Have you tried taking it out and putting it back in?

Also, dry clean the contact points before putting it back in.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    10-02-16 02:58 PM
    I agree with keliew , try his method and then see if it works and if not then it has to be repaired. however, I would not pay $70 for that to be honest. it's not worth much more than $50. again this is my opinion but it just depends on how bad you need your phone fixed. Maybe check a few other repair shops as well just to get a few quotes before jumping in.
    10-02-16 06:53 PM
    Yes I've removed it several times. It does "click" back into the slot. I can't see anyway of clearing the contact points on the Passport. It's a very very narrow slot. I've also tried a Rogers SIM card same issue. If I don't fix it, I'll have to pay $329 for a new unlocked Passport. $70 < $329. I've emailed a few places but unfortunately I can't call anyone without a working cellphone.
    10-02-16 07:31 PM
    have you ran the BBVE to see what it says about the sim reader?
    10-02-16 08:44 PM
    All it says is that it's not detected and absent. All you can do it Fail the test but that's about it.
    10-03-16 09:03 AM
    I'm getting a free diagnosis on it and they said that the pins are fine so it's not that. They also tried 2 other nano SIMs and it just won't see them. They might order the part and see if that fixes it, and if not, I won't be charged for it then clearly I'll have to buy a new one. This sucks.
    10-03-16 12:33 PM
    Reload the blackberry10 Os using the PC Blackberry link softw. I had had the same problem and I did a reload Os using bb link and it worked.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-16 01:27 PM
    wow that is quite odd I sure hope this gets resolved for you.
    10-03-16 03:30 PM
    The place I took it to looked at the slot/pins under a magnifying glass and they did see some of the pins were corroded. They're ordering the part from China which will take 7-10 days, they gave me a loaner phone for free while I wait so I use it for text/voicecalls and my BB for everything data. If the part doesn't fix the issue, I don't pay for it. I will try the reload OS if the hardware doesn't fix the issue. I have a lot of Android apps plus Google Play Services installed and working well that I'd rather not wipe it all out and find out it's hardware.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    10-05-16 10:44 AM
    After 2 weeks waiting on the part they now say there's water damage so they won't attempt the repair, yet there is no sign of water damage (white sticker). I've completely wiped the device and it still won't detect my SIM card. Guess I have to buy a new phone now.
    10-18-16 07:21 PM
    Try covering the simcard with a piece of scotch tape. It worked for me
    10-18-16 07:56 PM