Hi All
    I recently got a Tesco sim only plan and put the sim in my passport and it all worked fine (3weeks now), until this morning, now I live in an old cottage and the signal has never been that great but still you can get a few bars 1-2, pos 3.

but this morning my passport will not find anything, checked to see if signal was down with carrier, nope all good, tried putting airplane mode on and off still nothing, so I thought maybe its the sim so I tested it in my 9780 and that gets signal on it no problem at all, which I am a bit confused about ? anyone got any ideas or a few tips to see if I can get signal? - I also noticed when my 9780 is on with its other Tesco sim in it that will have signal but my passport wont have anything.

Any thoughts would be great, also just to say the passport was originally on Vodafone but got it unlocked through them and it is out of warranty - got it in October 2014.
    08-16-15 08:59 AM
    How is it out of warranty if it's under a year old?

Posted via Passport. It's hip to be square.
    08-16-15 09:43 AM
    The magical solution to most BBs' problems is a reboot, or several reboots. If that does not work, you may have to look for warranty service.
    Happened to me once and a reboot was what it took.

Posted from my Passport
    SeBEx123 likes this.
    08-16-15 11:49 AM
    How is it out of warranty if it's under a year old?

you could be right, but I do recall having 30 day thing in the box as it was brought on contract from Vodafone but I am not with them anymore so I cant contact them about it.
    08-16-15 02:25 PM
    The 30 day thing is for if you change your mind or it's an unwanted gift, that kind of thing, and is offered voluntarily by the retailer. A full one year warranty is mandatory under UK retail law. Some retailers give longer warranties e.g. if you have a BlackBerry from Carphone Warehouse, it's two years.

08-17-15 02:13 AM
    But why does my passport get no signal when the bold 9780 get 3-4 bars??

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 02:56 PM
    In your box you do get 30 days BlackBerry support - this doesn't matter your carrier, I purchased my Passport unlocked from an e-retailer and prior to my holiday rang BlackBerry regarding a question using my 30 complimentary support that came under the phone in the box.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 03:52 PM
    Can you take a screen shot of your Mobile Network page?

But why does my passport get no signal when the bold 9780 get 3-4 bars??

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 03:54 PM
    It seems to be ok now, it is picking up signal and then sometimes looses it, I think it might be the network doing some work in my area, even though on the website there was no faults sated but its not very populated at all so probably not enough people complaining for it to be put online.
    08-18-15 05:39 AM
    Can you take a screen shot of your Mobile Network page?

No Signal Question - TESCO Mobile UK  - 9780 & Passport-img_20150818_113905.png

That's what is looks like now with signal

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 05:41 AM
    So your G-Voice/Data means you're on the older GSM network. You have to flirt with the network mode by locking it on 3G only, or 2G only and even 4G (LTE) only to see which network sticks better and which is dropping signal all the time. You're phone is probably looking for the better technology network and not the better signal network.

Let me know your results after.

That's what is looks like now with signal

Posted via CB10
    SeBEx123 likes this.
    08-18-15 04:42 PM
    So your G-Voice/Data means you're on the older GSM network. You have to flirt with the network mode by locking it on 3G only, or 2G only and even 4G (LTE) only to see which network sticks better and which is dropping signal all the time. You're phone is probably looking for the better technology network and not the better signal network.

Let me know your results after.
    Ok, so how would I "flirt" with it to choose 2G etc only?, as the only options I have are 2G & 3G or 2G,3G&4G

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 04:10 AM