I started receiving a no signal issue on my Blackberry Passport at my home and office. Coverage is very sporadic and inconsistent, 95% of the day I have no mobile access.

No previous coverage issues in the exact same locations. I can see the signal go in and out as I'm driving on the highway on my commute to and from the office.

Received a text message from AT&T after calling in the issue indicating "coverage is limited at the location you reported." Strange, my wife's iphone is working fine at home and all my coworkers are receiving signal from AT&T. This is very frustrating and causing a big inconvenience in my personal and work life. I've read on the AT&T and Blackberry forms that this same no signal issue came up on the Priv last year. Hope this is resolved quickly and that the customer service message is not the conclusion of AT&T's "thorough" root cause investigation.
    11-05-18 04:34 AM
    What OS are you running?
    11-05-18 07:24 AM
    AT&T may have re-farmed a frequency band from legacy GSM to LTE in your area, and if that's one of the newer bands that the PP doesn't support, that means you and anyone with an older phone are going to be out of luck until you upgrade to a device that supports the newer bands.

These upgrades are constantly going on as old technologies (2G/3G) are being retired and new ones (5G) are being rolled out.

Of course, that may not be the problem in this particular case, but it's certainly possible, and worth investigating.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-06-18 09:17 PM
    I started receiving a no signal issue on my Blackberry Passport at my home and office. Coverage is very sporadic and inconsistent, 95% of the day I have no mobile access.

No previous coverage issues in the exact same locations. I can see the signal go in and out as I'm driving on the highway on my commute to and from the office.

Received a text message from AT&T after calling in the issue indicating "coverage is limited at the location you reported." Strange, my wife's iphone is working fine at home and all my coworkers are receiving signal from AT&T. This is very frustrating and causing a big inconvenience in my personal and work life. I've read on the AT&T and Blackberry forms that this same no signal issue came up on the Priv last year. Hope this is resolved quickly and that the customer service message is not the conclusion of AT&T's "thorough" root cause investigation.
    Hey martin,

That's an interesting dilemma. What kind of devices are your coworkers using? Any older Android phones?

It's possible AT&T is confused and/or blocking the Passport even though it does support the frequencies Troy mentions. Feel free to PM me if you'd like and we can discuss further. To PM, just click my name at the top of the post, then click "PM" on the list of options in blue next to Posts.
    11-07-18 01:43 AM