I'm unable to see signal bars on my passport. Initially, i thought it was issue with the SIM. I tried the sim on another device it works. What i noticed it. When I'm turning on the mobile network options it doesn't show available networks and also when i close the settings the mobile network option turns off by itself. I'm thinking this is a software issue. Why I'm implying this as i can see my service provider sim services in apps. I'm 100% sure its not hardware issue. Its something else. Can anyone help me out...???
    11-11-20 01:10 PM
    Passport is known to have a defect where with some age and heat it developers a no signal problem.

Have you tried switching between 3G and 4G (if you have that option).

But if you are sure it's not hardware... run an Autoloder and start fresh with a clean install of the OS and no "extra" apps. Test it and see if it works, be for setting it up or restoring any data. If still doesn't work, try a new SIM anyway. If you update the OS and install a new SIM.... it's the hardware.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...l#post13517787
    Shanmukh Gudivada likes this.
    11-11-20 03:28 PM
    Okay here's my update. I tried using an autoloader. Tried with a new SIM. Still the same issue. What i'm trying to trace out is - if its with the hardware my SIM shouldnt even be detected. I can see my service provider name and my number and aslo service provider sim services app. IF its with hardware even that wouldnt be visible. Also when im turning on mobile network option it seems to be on and when i close settings and open back its turns off by itself. Did i provide enough whereabouts that this is indeed a software issue? What do i do now? Also can you give me a clear insight of what my radio and os would be? my passport model is SQW100-1.
    11-12-20 12:00 PM
    Okay here's my update. I tried using an autoloader. Tried with a new SIM. Still the same issue. What i'm trying to trace out is - if its with the hardware my SIM shouldnt even be detected. I can see my service provider name and my number and aslo service provider sim services app. IF its with hardware even that wouldnt be visible. Also when im turning on mobile network option it seems to be on and when i close settings and open back its turns off by itself. Did i provide enough whereabouts that this is indeed a software issue? What do i do now? Also can you give me a clear insight of what my radio and os would be? my passport model is SQW100-1.
    If you've run an autoloader and replaced the SIM, there's nothing else to try.
    11-12-20 02:15 PM
    SIM Card contains info on the service provider, their logo, your number....

You can search around here, someone claimed to have a fix.. by soldering some pins. It does seem to be an antenna connection issue and not a modem failure. You might be able to find someone that can attempt that for you.... it it's worth that much effort.
    11-12-20 03:20 PM
    After three brand new Passports and one used that had the same weak signal I tried the bypass and bingo! Now I have four working Passports.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-20 03:40 PM
    Can you give me a detailed info about what happened and how you came out of it?
    11-14-20 03:29 AM
    Did the one have same issue like me? How do i find him? What is his thread like? You do seem confirmed its a antenna issue. That's relaxing to know I'm not having a board issue.
    11-14-20 03:51 AM
    Did the one have same issue like me? How do i find him? What is his thread like? You do seem confirmed its a antenna issue. That's relaxing to know I'm not having a board issue.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...170.1604000668
    11-14-20 10:16 AM
    This is one of three videos that show the fix https://youtube.com/watch?v=p3AMW-zBKJB

Posted via CB10
    11-15-20 04:20 AM