Ok So I have a few problems with using my passport suddenly I am missing important messages and calls.
    But let me explain how I use my phone.
    I never like the standard headphones my ears are weird and the standard buds always pop out so I use the etymotic hf3
    Also the etymotic hf3 gives me perfect isolation as I suffer from tinnitus and the standard ear buds don't cut out the noise sufficiently.
    I plug my headphones in but don't always wear them and only use them when I get calls, but now I do not get audible notifications on main speaker apart from when someone calls.
    I want important people to have a louder ring tone than others this option is no longer available!!
    When I go into meetings there is now an option to silence notifications which I love but there is no override feature if I still want people like my senior managers to be able to contact me.
    In the Torch you could specify whether the contact could disturb you when Phone was set to any other mode and I never missed a critical call or message now on my passport it is completely silent.
    Help I am lost and getting frustrated if this continues I will be forced to revert to my old trusty Torch 9810.

Just so those that read above don't get confused I do hear the notifications in the headphones but I still want it coming through the speaker when I have headphones plugged in but not wearing the earbuds.

Please help
    01-28-15 06:20 PM
    No one use these features?
    If the phone notification can come through the speaker when headphones are plugged in then the other notifications should be able to come through.
    Spoke to my super Crackberry Geek at the office today, said I should list the features as they all make sense and he will raise it with Blackberry as feature requests.
    01-29-15 03:30 PM
    Unfortunately it won't ring thru speaker if headsets are plugged in! I accomplish getting my notifications by using a smart watch! I looooove the Pebble steel. And when I get a call text or message it comes thru on my watch when I'm listening to music with a headset plugged in!

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 03:40 PM
    It will ring normal through the speakers with the headset plugged in managed to get that sorted today.
    Now all I need I email notifications through speaker when headset is plugged in.
    And Notifications from important contacts regardless if the main profile is set to silent.
    Custom volume for important contacts
    I think those in operational and sales environments will appreciate some of the above features

Please Note I plug my headphones in but don't always have my ear buds plugged in.
    01-29-15 07:14 PM
    Just... unplug your headphones.

Similarly, I have the opposite problem. When using a bluetooth headset, the audio for notifications and assistant ONLY comes out through the device, rather than the bluetooth headset like I want.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 07:56 PM
    Just... unplug your headphones.
    Posted via CB10

I would be replacing my Blackberry in a month with this type of advice, reason worn out headphone jack, If you read how I actually use the phone you would understand. I work in an operational environment where it is very noisy so I need to use isolation headphones I get up to 60 calls a day so what you saying is plug it in then plug in the headphones, by that time it has gone to voicemail. Not only that, I have people around me asking me regular questions, so I cant sit there with my headphones permanently plugged into my ears. I need to be able to hear emails and text messages coming in whilst the headphones are plugged in so as to respond to escalations. Senior managers escalate things to me to resolve major issues, so I cant sit in a meeting with a totally silent phone, but I want to filter out the non essential.

I have used Blackberry for as long as they have been around and it is only with OS 10 that I needed to start asking questions. So I am not new to the BB environment and I have loved it for its business sense. My first

BlackBerry 7100
    BB Pearl with a scroll wheel with the touch scroll wheel bessssssssssstttttt phoooonnnneee eva.
    BB Storm What a disaster
    BB Torch 9800
    BB Torch 9810 the last decent BB phone !!!!???? Beeeesssssssttttt phonee eva.
    BB Passport

But thanks for the 0/10 advice John Vieira and you are supposed to be a Cracker
    Last edited by gedrog; 01-30-15 at 02:56 PM.
    01-30-15 02:36 PM
    Cool, try this. Look at your phone.

You see that blinking light? That's your notification that something came in.

Perhaps your place of work isn't the best atmosphere to be working with a smartphone then?

There are a million solutions for a problem that doesn't really exist.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 03:26 PM
    Oh, also, 10.3.1 fixes your problem by assigning a custom profile to your situation.

Although if you have your headphones plugged in, you'll still not hear notifications.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 03:27 PM
    Cool, try this. Look at your phone.

You see that blinking light? That's your notification that something came in.

Perhaps your place of work isn't the best atmosphere to be working with a smartphone then?

There are a million solutions for a problem that doesn't really exist.

Posted via CB10
    Expected better from a cracker Maybe you just don't have enough pressure the face isn't listening I have a large campus and walk between buildings for meetings, so unless I stare at my phone and become one of the Health and safety drones staring at their phones just to see if the LED is blinking. If the 9810 had all these features then why should Passport not have it, or did we go dumb phone. Sorry I am sure you are well respected but comments like these just show you are not really familiar with all the features of the older BB phones. These features should be there adding the next level of customisability.

How about automatically ordering a local taxi to take you to the next meeting 5 miles away in another building or changing your voice message to advise the person calling you that you are in such and such a meeting or booking your flight and hotel for the next meeting in Frankfurt Dusseldorf or New York or are we getting way to advance for the blinking LED........
    Last edited by gedrog; 01-30-15 at 06:14 PM.
    01-30-15 05:29 PM
    Oh, also, 10.3.1 fixes your problem by assigning a custom profile to your situation.

Although if you have your headphones plugged in, you'll still not hear notifications.

Posted via CB10
    Now that's what I like to hear from a Cracker, thanks still don't resolve the notification issue but we are getting there. Just got the update 10.6.30.2 is available
    Last edited by gedrog; 01-30-15 at 06:02 PM.
    01-30-15 05:30 PM
    Yeah, I don't care about anything other people say about me. I also never claimed to know anything about legacy BB. I started with a Z10.

Do you know what will actually solve your problem? A rooted android device.

With a customization specifically to do that, because it is not a normal case scenario, and you will have a hard time finding a device to cater to your needs.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 06:38 PM
    Yes if you can be a little more patient the updat 10.3.1 will allow for custom ringtone profiles!

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 07:00 PM
    I actually hated this feature on Samsung devices where I was on train and the had my headphones plugged in so that nobody is disturbed on long journeys. So in my opinion the ring tones should only come through the headphones when they are plugged in.

I would suggest to have vibration on in the normal profile for Phone app. This will ensure you that you don't miss calls. Just my 2 cents

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 08:07 PM
    That's like telling a crackBBhead to change his drug of choice
    01-31-15 07:15 AM
    I actually hated this feature on Samsung devices where I was on train and the had my headphones plugged in so that nobody is disturbed on long journeys. So in my opinion the ring tones should only come through the headphones when they are plugged in.

I would suggest to have vibration on in the normal profile for Phone app. This will ensure you that you don't miss calls. Just my 2 cents

Posted via CB10
    That's Fine that is a personal choice just like my personal choice would be to have it ringing or notifying me whilst my headphone is plugged in . I just use my wired headset differently than you. And to be frank I could not care less if anyone stares at me while my phone goes Attention Attention you have an important business message.

Also as I said I have Tinnitus so music is annoying as some notes are distorted, and when I am in noisy environments I cant hear the other person on the phone so I need the noise isolating headphones. Oh well

And unless you have read the whole post The Bond, I managed to get the ring tone to work with the headphones plugged in just need the other notifications to do the same.
    01-31-15 07:40 AM
    Expected better from a cracker .......
    What you mean by that, please?
    01-31-15 07:48 AM
    And just for the nay sayers

Just need it now for my emails and text messages
    Last edited by gedrog; 01-31-15 at 08:25 AM.
    01-31-15 08:15 AM
    What you mean by that, please?
    Crackberry is loaded with people with Cracking advice hence Cracker new urban slang word born for a Blackberry crazy fan with loads of advice and well informed. Or am I insulting someone here!!!???
    01-31-15 08:18 AM
    Crackberry is loaded with people with Cracking advice hence Cracker new urban slang word born for a Blackberry crazy fan with loads of advice and well informed. Or am I insulting someone here!!!???
    Okay, Then we're all crackers cause we are addicts. Crackberry addicts!
    gedrog likes this.
    01-31-15 08:24 AM