Go to the multiple posts on this on the "Official I got my SE passport" thread. I had exactly the same issue, found a workaround by changing the IMEI number to the one on my old Z10, an AT&T branded device.

There is voluminous material in that thread, much of it written by me, and I won't repeat it all here.

Now, if the AT&T system automatically changes the IMEI number to the actual number on your Passport after a couple of days, well, then, we're all out of luck.
    08-19-15 09:15 PM
    Well, I just talked to ATT tech. She sent an email regarding to the blackberry passport silver edition issue to her Manager. Hopefully, they will update their system to let the Passport SE in. I had to do the same trick. I changed to the Z10 ATT on their system. It worked, but if it detect my imei and change it back again, then I have to call them to change it back.
    08-19-15 09:46 PM
    An AT&T rep called this afternoon. It was a short conversation. He asked my IMEI number and made sure it was correct in their system. He said that the system only sees my Passport SE as a 4 G device. He then said there is a department at AT&T that is responsible for updating IMEI numbers in their database and he was going to contact them and have them add this phone correctly and then call me back. Still waiting to hear back and still don't have LTE. But the rep was very nice and seemed to understand the problem and I am encourgaged that this will get sorted out. I told him that I am far from the only person having this issue.
    08-20-15 05:24 PM
    An AT&T rep called this afternoon. It was a short conversation. He asked my IMEI number and made sure it was correct in their system. He said that the system only sees my Passport SE as a 4 G device. He then said there is a department at AT&T that is responsible for updating IMEI numbers in their database and he was going to contact them and have them add this phone correctly and then call me back. Still waiting to hear back and still don't have LTE. But the rep was very nice and seemed to understand the problem and I am encouraged that this will get sorted out. I told him that I am far from the only person having this issue.
    Thanks for the effort. If AT&T does update their database to make the SE Passports work with LTE, then we'd all be set. As it is, I'm concerned that the "bogus" or other phone IMEI numbers work only temporarily, as the registered IMEI seems to revert back after a time to the phone you are actually using.
    08-20-15 05:53 PM
    I've had my false imei on mine for a week and still lte strong!

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 06:36 PM
    Just got a message from an AT&T rep:

Re: No LTE with new Passport Silver Edition on AT&T network
    Sent: ‎08-21-2015 2:35:31 PM

Hi there! @DrDave99 thanks for your reply. We have contacted the department who classifies IMEI ranges for our network. We were informed by the people who reclassify these that it will be added to the system as LTE by September the 5th. This will change the classification for the whole range for that make and model.

Thanks!

Charise

So there you go....AT&T is going to add the phone to their database as LTE capable and this problem will be solved.

Cheers!

Dr Dave
    08-21-15 04:47 PM
    Just got a message from an AT&T rep:

Re: No LTE with new Passport Silver Edition on AT&T network
    Sent: ‎08-21-2015 2:35:31 PM

Hi there! @DrDave99 thanks for your reply. We have contacted the department who classifies IMEI ranges for our network. We were informed by the people who reclassify these that it will be added to the system as LTE by September the 5th. This will change the classification for the whole range for that make and model.

Thanks!

Charise

So there you go....AT&T is going to add the phone to their database as LTE capable and this problem will be solved.

Cheers!

Dr Dave
    That's very encouraging. Sounds as though they may really do it now. Great work.
    08-21-15 06:07 PM
    Persistence pays off. If it wasn't for the Crackberry citizens storming the embassy, the junta at American Telephone and Telegraph would have never been able to solve this issue.
    That's why I am a citizen of the Crackberry Nation.
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    08-21-15 07:09 PM
    Persistence pays off. If it wasn't for the Crackberry citizens storming the embassy, the junta at American Telephone and Telegraph would have never been able to solve this issue.
    That's why I am a citizen of the Crackberry Nation.
    To paraphrase the character Omar on The Wire, CrackBerriers don't scare.
    08-21-15 10:05 PM
    How come then a Canadian like me with the Silver get LTE on ATT&T.
    And I never called them.
    How do I post a pic in here?
    Never mind found a way.

Also while driving to Sioux Fall from the boonies I even got LTE for a moment
    Last edited by Alain_A; 08-21-15 at 10:37 PM.
    08-21-15 10:26 PM
    08-21-15 10:33 PM
    I contacted att too. They told me they would reclass my imei number as well. Still waiting from Charise ATT

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 09:06 PM
    The reply I got from Charise of AT&T says that they are going to change their classification of the Passport SE phone in their IMEI database to an LTE device by Sept 5th. This will affect the entire range of IMEI numbers for the Passport SE. Should end everyone's problem getting LTE on AT&T.

Dr Dave
    08-24-15 05:09 AM
    My SE Passport arrived this past Friday. Upon inserting my ATT sim card from my Classic, I only had 4g. After a reboot, LTE came alive. It's very odd that some people are having an issue with this. When ATT updates their end (as stated above), hopefully all issues will be resolved.

I wonder if the fact that I restored from a backup that I created from my Classic has anything to do with it? Are the people having issues not using a backup file to restore?

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    08-24-15 05:52 AM
    People who have already had an LTE device like the Classic on AT&T are not having a problem getting LTE. The system sees their old IMEI device number and provisions LTE for that account. The problem I and many other people are having is we have not had an LTE device with AT&T. Since their system til now has not recognized the Passport SE as an LTE device and classifies it as only a 4 G device we have been stuck with just 4 G. That is why they needed to change the classification in their system so that it recognizes the Passport SE as an LTE device and we no longer have this problem.

If you read the posts about this issue many people have been getting LTE to work on their Passport SE by using the IMEI of an older LTE capable phone on their account so that it fools the system into provisioning LTE for their account. Once they re-classify the Passport SE as an LTE device this work around will no longer be necessary.

Dr Dave
    08-24-15 08:04 AM
    Works great on mine. Make sure you put in the imei to their system and get the BlackBerry LTE data plan.

Posted via CB10
    There is no BlackBerry LTE data plan. Your advice is extremely bad, because AT&T tech support will undoubtedly get confused and think the OP is asking for a BIS plan, which may or may not exist anymore.

Really, posting this type of information is confusing and detracts from the value of this thread and forum.
    08-24-15 08:19 AM
    Yes, there is a BlackBerry LTE data plan although the generic smartphone LTE plan should work too. Try logging into your account online and see what data plan add on they have in for you.

Posted via CB10
    You are incorrect again. Please stop posting this misinformation. There is no such thing as a BlackBerry LTE plan, and if there is, it has NOTHING to do with BB10. Please just stop.
    08-24-15 08:21 AM
    They thought I had the Porsche device, which is 4 G

Posted via CB10
    OK, great. You see it has absolutely NOTHING, ZERO, ZILCH to do with your LTE plan. The service provider has absolutely no reason to know which phone you are using. All they need to do is make sure your account and your SIM are provisioned with LTE.
    08-24-15 08:23 AM
    People who have already had an LTE device like the Classic on AT&T are not having a problem getting LTE. The system sees their old IMEI device number and provisions LTE for that account.
    Yes and no. I had an OG Passport with LTE working. I then moved the same SIM to an SE Passport and it didn't work. That's when I went to AT&T and gave them the IMEI of my Z10 to associate with the SIM on the SE Passport, and I had LTE back again.

I do think AT&T is going to fix this by Sept. 5th, and I now doubt my own earlier suspicions that AT&T was trying to get people to buy their branded Blackberrys or other branded phones. I now think it was simply ignorance and incompetence on their part ("Your phone isn't capable of getting LTE"), which is more often the case.
    08-24-15 11:49 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150821_222419.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	109.4 KB 
ID:	367861
    Thanks for the screen shot. Now I will know for sure when the fix goes in to place in September (marking my calendar). Mine shows " AT&T 4G - Voice/Data". Glad someone has made progress. I've called a number of times to get this resolved with no luck.
    08-24-15 04:15 PM
    Thanks for the screen shot. Now I will know for sure when the fix goes in to place in
    September (marking my calendar). Mine shows " AT&T 4G - Voice/Data". Glad someone has made progress. I've called a number of times to get this resolved with no luck.
    The thing is att has the imei number of my windows phone in their system. My PP still show LTE.
    It has to do with the Sim card, I thinks
    08-24-15 04:33 PM
    Switched to Cricket today. LTE is working perfectly on Classic and PP SE. Full Bars (5) and LTE with Cricket while I only have 2 bars with Sprint and no LTE showing.
    Attachment 368772
    Attachment 368773

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    08-28-15 07:37 PM
    The thing is att has the imei number of my windows phone in their system. My PP still show LTE.
    It has to do with the Sim card, I thinks
    A long time ago I used to use AT&T with non-smartphone unlimited data plan, this was unlimited unthrottled hspa. The trick here was to buy phones that were sold by tmobile or not in the US.

Anyways, carriers started sharing IMEI blacklists so AT&T got T-Mobile's vendor IMEI lists and those phones would flag as smartphones. Soon the manufacturers were doing the same and this scheme was limited to a few Chinese brands (think oppo/xiaomi).

What we did notice though was it took up to two months for an unlocked flagship like the Nexus to be added to the IMEI system after its initial introduction. We learned that if AT&T didn't have the device in the system they'd go off any device they did have in the system if you gave them an IMEI, so you could use a gophone IMEI for a smartphone. Once it was in though, they'd sweep a couple times a month and boot to the real device type.

Anyways, that's how it works and that's what's happening here.

Posted via CB10 on me red Blackberry Passport
    08-28-15 11:23 PM
48 12