Just spoke to ATT tech support and was told their system recognizes this model number as 4G device.
    Troubleshooting did not resolve the issue.
    Surprised. Ideas or tips?

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 10:52 AM
    Works great on mine. Make sure you put in the imei to their system and get the BlackBerry LTE data plan.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 10:54 AM
    The imei number is in. That was the problem according to the rep. He said it would be recognized as 4G phone in their system. Actually he thought I had the Porsche BlackBerry. Changing it to a dummy imei automatically changes back to device imei.
    Is there a specific BlackBerry LTE plan?

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 11:01 AM
    I'm on At&t, and LTE works great on my SE edition.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 11:08 AM
    Strange. Anyone has any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 11:10 AM
    I had the problem and made the tech support enter my old BlackBerry Passport original imie and rebooted phone and bam it worked!they tried to argue with me and say that the phone would have problems but I insisted and reminded them that it was my plan my phone my money and to humor me, reluctantly they did and it's been working every since!

Posted via CB10
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    08-18-15 11:27 AM
    Yes, there is a BlackBerry LTE data plan although the generic smartphone LTE plan should work too. Try logging into your account online and see what data plan add on they have in for you.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 02:10 PM
    JREWING, what is your location? I too have the same problem as the OP. I'm in the Midwest USA.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 02:10 PM
    I have a BlackBerry data an for LTE.
    I am in Massachusetts .
    I gave the ATT tech all my phone info.
    He literally said there was nothing they could do since it was an unlocked non ATT device.
    The reasoning made sense saying the phone imei number was not in their system as an LTE phone. But the argument gets defeated since apparently many do not have this issue.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 02:45 PM
    Don't know if I can contribute meaningfully on this one, though I *was* given a non LTE Sim card initially. Flipping to a proper Sim fixed things.

Posted using CB on my gorgeous passport
    08-18-15 03:49 PM
    Thanks. Interestingly I had used my SIM card from my iphone 6 plus when I received the passort last week and decommissioned the iphone. I then was on LTE for a day or two until the imei number was automatically changed to the BlackBerry imei. I did not initiate that. It goes automatically somehow.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 03:59 PM
    JREWING, what is your location? I too have the same problem as the OP. I'm in the Midwest USA.

Posted via CB10
    Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I was down in Saginaw the day after I got my SE Passport and stopped into the AT&T (corporate) store. It was a seamless situation as they took my micro sim and replaced it with a nano sim and I was out the door in five minutes.
    The sales rep never said a word about it working or not. I've always gotten LTE.
    08-18-15 04:05 PM
    Next step getting a new SIM at the store

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 04:20 PM
    Update.
    The second tech I spoke to had the idea to replace the imei number with the one from a Z10 I used to own. That did the trick. For now and for good I hope

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 05:45 PM
    My Silver Edition Passport gets LTE on AT&T

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 06:45 PM
    Thanks. Interestingly I had used my SIM card from my iphone 6 plus when I received the passort last week and decommissioned the iphone. I then was on LTE for a day or two until the imei number was automatically changed to the BlackBerry imei. I did not initiate that. It goes automatically somehow.

Posted via CB10
    Just tell tech support over phone from att to re enter your iphone imie and reboot and it will come back, trust me

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 07:16 PM
    I get LTE on my BB Passport Silver edition. I'm running off cricket's cell service.
    d4691 likes this.
    08-19-15 04:41 AM
    Working through the same issue with ATT in Northern California. The phone shows as an unknown device when you check online. ATT seems slow in updating their device lists yet tech support says the IMEI shows as a passport device.
    08-19-15 12:59 PM
    They thought I had the Porsche device, which is 4 G

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 01:45 PM
    Same issue for me. This is a new account with AT&T and I do not have a prior device on their system. A rep from AT&T is supposed to call me tomorrow to try and help. I missed his call today. He left a message on my phone today to say that the problem is either the settings on the phone or the IMEI is not recognised by their system as being LTE capable. Will update after he calls tomorrow.
    08-19-15 04:18 PM
    Exactly that is what I was told. What fixed it for me was to put on the imei number of a Z10 I used to own that was still in their system. Works well now.
    Do not understand why other people seem to have no issue

Posted via CB10
    08-19-15 04:40 PM
    I got the same problem.I only got 4G instead of LTE and no mobile hospot. I told them to put my blackberry z10's imei number in. And I could only get 4G after that change. However, I got mobile hostpot. I was fine with that until this morning. I suddently could not get mobile hospot. still on 4G. I might have to switch to a new sim card. That might be a problem.
    08-19-15 05:25 PM
    I've not read all the replies, but, are you sure you simply just don't need a newer SIM card?
    08-19-15 06:40 PM
    A little off topic but I have a situation where I get LTE ( 1 bar) in certain parts of the house and it drops to 4G in other parts ( 5 bars). I'd like to just have it fixed on 4G because I seem to loose service intermittently when it switch back and forth. I have checked all settings / options but I can't down grade to 4G fixed.

Any ideas?

Passport running on 10.3.2. 2339 / 859 radio
    08-19-15 08:09 PM
    Same issue for me. This is a new account with AT&T and I do not have a prior device on their system. A rep from AT&T is supposed to call me tomorrow to try and help. I missed his call today. He left a message on my phone today to say that the problem is either the settings on the phone or the IMEI is not recognised by their system as being LTE capable. Will update after he calls tomorrow.
    I think you have the best chances either going to a store or talking to Tech Support....

Posted via BlackBerry Passport SE
    08-19-15 08:49 PM
48 12