My biggest gripes with this microHDMI vs Slimport is that I bought a whole bunch of HDMI to microHDMI cables (also a DVI to microHDMI cable) for my Z10, all of which are now useless!!!!

I have yet to find a slimport connector that is just the adapter portion with a female microHDMI connector, so there is no way to use my existing HDMI-microHDMI cables.
    10-28-14 09:59 PM
    Has any one here bought the slimport adapter for the passport in order to use the hdmi cord. Pls let me know brand and we're too get one, thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 10:07 PM
    My biggest gripes with this microHDMI vs Slimport is that I bought a whole bunch of HDMI to microHDMI cables (also a DVI to microHDMI cable) for my Z10, all of which are now useless!!!!

I have yet to find a slimport connector that is just the adapter portion with a female microHDMI connector, so there is no way to use my existing HDMI-microHDMI cables.
    Happened to me as well. Fortunately there is monoprice with great cables at a low price. Even ordered my Slimport adapter from them for my new PP.

At least all the chargers work.

Unlike when Apple changes their interface and then you need new everything. At least BBRY supports the best open and trending standards.

Posted CB10->BB Passport
    10-28-14 10:08 PM
    No Hdmi mini out on Passport?-img_20141028_202545.png

Is this the part you all are talking about

Posted via CB10
    10-28-14 10:26 PM
    I understand what you are asking but would it not just be simpler to load files on a micro SD card? They can be hot swapped and looks like it will be easy with the removal of the small door on the top.

I also use the Drop box integration, move presentations over onto the SD card that way prior to the time its needed.

On a side note while speaking of presentations, why not go wireless? I cant wait to get Miracast, I'm on the Z10 now so no joy there. I do many presentations and I cant wait to do them from the phone but have the freedom to walk around the room
    I can't believe that wireless miracast resolution is as good as HDMI cable. It's not 1.5gbs or higher.
    10-29-14 12:42 AM
    So it's a slimport?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Definitely slimport.
    10-29-14 12:44 AM
    Has any one here bought the slimport adapter for the passport in order to use the hdmi cord. Pls let me know brand and we're too get one, thanks

Posted via CB10
    Yes. I bought both slimport to hdmi (from Compusmart on College west of Spadina north side in Toronto) and slimport to VGA from shopblackberry.
    Either way, if you use flash in browser you will not get the full screen on an hdmi monitor. Mirroring in flash in browser is inferior to z30 or z10. Hopefully they fix it in next software release.
    Only video and powerpoint expand to the full screen in external monitor.
    Last edited by sorinv; 10-29-14 at 03:32 PM.
    10-29-14 12:49 AM
    Using hdmi on its own puts enough stress on the micro hdmi plug. Would not adding an adaptor add more leveraged stress ?
    I use hdmi out alot with my hdtv.
    Yes. It does. Not very good. I prefer the z30 with minihdmi connector.
    10-29-14 12:51 AM
    Hello! I have the adapter for slimport,i connected the phone to my tv, but the tv screen says no video available. If I go to phone display settings,it won't let me choose my resolution.any ideas?
    Thanks

BlackBerry Passport OS 10.3.0.1418
    02-18-15 08:55 AM
    Has anyone tried this cable with a Passport? Pandosilan 13 feet MHL (Micro USB) to male HDMI cable (with 13 feet USB cable)
    03-22-15 06:25 PM
60 123