Hi there! I'm wondering why there is no device switch app from older BB10 devices to newer ones. It sounds very practical doing it over Wifi without the help of a PC and the Link Software. In this document it is described that this app is only available for BB7, Android and iOS.

https://www.blackberry.com/blackberr..._%20092314.pdf

Personally I've used a few leaks of 10.x and noticed that it's better starting afresh, but technically it should be as easy switching from one to another BB10 device as from another platform to BB10, don't you think?

So, do you know of any reason why this device switch app is not available yet?
    09-30-14 08:24 PM
    Because all you need to do is backup and restore...

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 08:25 PM
    I know. That's the conventional way that needs a computer and Link. Have you read my whole post? I'm aksing why there is no app that accelerates switching from one device to another without the detour using a PC or Mac. It's an honest question.
    j_the_p likes this.
    09-30-14 09:02 PM
    Wait, so when my Passport arrives, I need to back it my Z10 and restore to Passport? That's not cool.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 09:04 PM
    Because all you need to do is backup and restore...

Posted via CB10
    The issue with that is by restoring to any non-same OS, you're introducing a LOT of potential bugs into the new phone or any new OS...

That's why he's curious about the new phone having a Device Switch app and you know what? I can completely agree! There should be one without having to use some third-party app that has the huge potential for issues and isn't native.....
    j_the_p and MadMarti like this.
    09-30-14 09:07 PM
    Blackberry Link has a function to transfer data to a new phone. It uses the most recent backup from your soon to be old phone. Goes very quickly.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 11:05 PM
    Blackberry Link has a function to transfer data to a new phone. It uses the most recent backup from your soon to be old phone. Goes very quickly.

Posted via CB10
    But still has the same issue as mentioned before. . .

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    10-01-14 12:30 AM
    This is a good question.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 12:55 AM
    Or simply use "Device Switch" in BB Link.
    10-01-14 07:56 AM
    I know. That's the conventional way that needs a computer and Link. Have you read my whole post? I'm aksing why there is no app that accelerates switching from one device to another without the detour using a PC or Mac. It's an honest question.
    Is this rhetorical? I guess someone hasn't made an app like this yet is because no one cares? Hey! It can be a little side project for you this w/e!
    10-01-14 08:06 AM
    Is this rhetorical? I guess someone hasn't made an app like this yet is because no one cares? Hey! It can be a little side project for you this w/e!
    People have made the app, yes, but they charge $5.99 for it...

Not going to lie, I bought it last night because I do NEED the functionality, it's just crazy that BlackBerry hasn't made this app themselves for free like from any other device....

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    10-01-14 11:27 AM
    Yah! What about fire firechest backup? It keeps the most important stuff, and your photos and media should be backed on a media card which is linked to your desktop. I would like to know if blackberry world remembers purchased apps for fresh download optimized to the specific device

Z10
    10-01-14 11:35 AM