A nice first hello to the community

I've been using my Passport for couple of years, and it has been working flawlessly. But yesterday - SUDDENLY - my phone stopped running any apps except the Call feature (Contacts, Calendar, Music, issue really regarding to every app) and the Picture Password has also malfunctioned so now it asks me for the Character Password. Plus, overnight the phone drained over 90% of the battery.

Has anyone had such an experience, or is able to provide assistance/support?

I appreciate every help
    Kind regards
    05-22-20 02:12 AM
    Hold power button 30 seconds for hard reboot.... check

What does device manager say is using the battery?

If any recent apps have been installed, reinstall them? Hard Reboot and and check.

In the end... maybe a reload of the OS with an Autoloader.
    05-22-20 06:59 AM
    Thnx for the very quick reply

1. I've already done it, but with no changes
    2. I can't open the Settings or the Device Manager (but I can still roll down the Quick Bar)
    3. No installations have occured/happened recently, but if, then I still couldn't do anything because I can't open the App Manager or any apps
    4. I'm trying to save the data, but also the Link doesn't work, so no idea if the Autoloader would work

Something like 2 hours ago I tried to connect the Passport with my Windows 10 device through Link, for a very short period the Passport worked again (Screen Password and so on), but after maybe 2 minutes the hope of returning to glory days had vanished again, plus the connection failed.
    Last edited by passport10; 05-22-20 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Typo
    05-22-20 08:54 AM
    Thnx for the very quick reply

1. I've already done it, but with no changes
    2. I can't open the Settings or the Device Manager (but I can still roll down the Quick Bar)
    3. No installations have occured/happened recently, but if, then I still couldn't do anything because I can't open the App Manager or any apps
    4. I'm trying to save the data, but also the Link doesn't work, so no idea if the Autoloader would work

Something like 2 hours ago I tried to connect the Passport with my Windows 10 device through Link, for a very short period the Passport worked again (Screen Password and so on), but after maybe 2 minutes the hope of returning to glory days were gone again, plus the connection failed.
    Time to run an autoloader for a nice clean install. Don't even try to restore anything after. Just re-sync to the cloud, and add anything else back manually.

https://mega.nz/file/1NZ1SQBB#yL_ZV5...1-Opwv7f6JCxhM
    05-22-20 09:24 AM
    Time to run an autoloader for a nice clean install. Don't even try to restore anything after. Just re-sync to the cloud, and add anything else back manually.

https://mega.nz/file/1NZ1SQBB#yL_ZV5...1-Opwv7f6JCxhM
    Thnx for the reply

The reason why I'm hesitating is: There are few documents on the device I can't afford to lose them. So the solution MUST guarantee me to keep the documents. Therefore my question: will running the autoloader install the software WITHOUT deleting my personal data?

Kind regards
    05-22-20 11:54 AM
    Thnx for the reply

The reason why I'm hesitating is: There are few documents on the device I can't afford to lose them. So the solution MUST guarantee me to keep the documents. Therefore my question: will running the autoloader install the software WITHOUT deleting my personal data?

Kind regards
    No, everything will be wiped. Too late for you now maybe, but this is why all docs/pics/data etc should be synced to cloud service or should go directly to an sd card. Presumably you don't have those docs on an sd card?
    05-22-20 02:31 PM
    Thnx for the reply

Kind regards
    There is a way to update your OS and keep your data but it is a bit complicated and may be above the pay grade of non-techy users. That method is called a "Blitz" file update. It may be worth a try if you have nothing else to lose and as a last ditch effort.
    05-22-20 02:36 PM
    There is a way to update your OS and keep your data but it is a bit complicated and may be above the pay grade of non-techy users. That method is called a "Blitz" file update. It may be worth a try if you have nothing else to lose and as a last ditch effort.
    Thnx for the both replies

The weird/funny/odd/strange thing is: when I switch on the device, this whole thing works for 2-3 min flawlessly and then it seems that something "prevents" the apps from running, for example when I touch an app, the screen looks like the app is making an attempt to run but something "defeats" that attempt.

I'll try to connect the PP with the Notebook through wire, maybe that works for a fast data transfer. And also many thanks for the "Blitz" solution: that sounds like a German WWII plan to destroy rather than rebuild, but when worse comes to worse ...

Kind regards,
    and still greatful if anyone comes up with that one perfect call
    Last edited by passport10; 05-23-20 at 09:54 AM. Reason: typos
    05-23-20 02:15 AM
    Thnx for the reply

Kind regards
    Wel maybe you will now see the value of regular backups. A hard lesson many of us have learned.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-20 08:37 AM

Just wanted to download the Blitz BlackBerry 10.3.1.1154 zip file, but both sources on Mega and BitCasa have already been removed. Any idea where I can get it?

Kind regards
    05-30-20 08:40 AM
    Just wanted to download the Blitz BlackBerry 10.3.1.1154 zip file, but both sources on Mega and BitCasa have already been removed. Any idea where I can get it?

Kind regards
    No idea - that is going to be a tough find.
    05-30-20 09:51 AM
    No idea - that is going to be a tough find.
    Thanks a lot for your efforts
    05-30-20 12:27 PM
    Thanks a lot for your efforts
    Glad you got it!
    05-30-20 12:39 PM