You know how much love the App Devs are giving to BlackBerry when you have more than 25 between Apps and Games on your device and more than a moth gone by and not even an update shows up in BB World... on the other hand on SNAP the Android Apps versions receive updates almost every week!

One of the main reasons BlackBerry is losing market!

Still a BlackBerry user and abuser, but maybe not for long...

I'm MongezaurioBerry
    01-10-16 09:30 PM
    It's one of the reasons the app game is difficult. Just getting a dev to make the app is problem a. Then getting them to regularly update it is problem b. And when devs don't update apps that likely means their app is not successful; not getting a lot of new users via blackberry world. So that tells you even more about blackberry world and its market.

At some point it seems blackberry realized android compatibility was not enough.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-10-16 10:06 PM
    'No App love for BlackBerry' is a well known fact...

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    01-10-16 10:29 PM
    You know how much love the App Devs are giving to BlackBerry when you have more than 25 between Apps and Games on your device and more than a moth gone by and not even an update shows up in BB World... on the other hand on SNAP the Android Apps versions receive updates almost every week!

One of the main reasons BlackBerry is losing market!

Still a BlackBerry user and abuser, but maybe not for long...

I'm MongezaurioBerry
    Have you even looked at the application processes? Google play allows application without Google verification, meaning apps and updates will show up right after you post 'em as a dev. BlackBerry World, on the other hand, has chosen to take the same path as most others (MS, Apple, Canonical, etc.) by verificating apps and updates before publishment. No wonder it takes longer for updates to come through.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    01-11-16 12:53 AM
    Works two ways, if the users don't give love to the existing App devs then the devs don't give love back; we're still humans who need to eat and drink and pay bills.
    It does cost to develop Applications.

Frankly no love = no code

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by paulwallace1234; 01-11-16 at 06:39 AM.
    andy957 likes this.
    01-11-16 06:15 AM
    Part of the current problem is that app developers know that BB10 has been mothballed and will not be found on any new BlackBerry devices. This means that there will be few new customers to buy their apps and little to no income to keep them interested in developing and updating.
    01-11-16 06:46 AM
    The list goes on and on and on and on off Apps that months and months gone by and NOTHIING I mean NOTHIING happens...

Don't get me wrong I been using BlackBerry for more than10 years now but if nothing change between now and my next contract update I'm thinking very seriously to go to the BlackBerry Priv to see if I can live happily ever after with that marriage.

Will see only time will tell.

Currently using my beloved Passport (this one odd enough is my BB #10)

I'm MongezaurioBerry
    01-11-16 08:33 PM
    Snap is sideloaded to my passport and so far no problems with getting apps I need.

Passport/CB10 on Bell
    01-11-16 09:10 PM
    You should not be updating Android apps unless it is absolutely needed. You risk breaking the Android app, whenever you update the apps.

As for the updates, if you are having issues then mail the developers directly. But it is just unreasonable to expect app updates just for the sake of updates.

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    01-11-16 09:22 PM
    Don't get me wrong I been using BlackBerry for more than10 years now but if nothing change between now and my next contract update I'm thinking very seriously to go to the BlackBerry Priv to see if I can live happily ever after with that marriage.

Will see only time will tell.

Currently using my beloved Passport (this one odd enough is my BB #10)

I'm MongezaurioBerry
    For what it's worth, I think you can safely assume that issue will not be changed between now and your next contract.

BlackBerry couldn't fix it with its full attention, strong teams, and many of its brightest burning bright. Today we have fragments of staff and the only thing they can afford anyone internally to care about is their new Android phone.

Hate to say it... But that boats kinda already sailed... with chens breath blowing against its sail.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    andy957 likes this.
    01-11-16 09:55 PM
    You should not be updating Android apps unless it is absolutely needed. You risk breaking the Android app, whenever you update the apps.

As for the updates, if you are having issues then mail the developers directly. But it is just unreasonable to expect app updates just for the sake of updates.

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely true about the unnecessary updating. I have written a couple of posts about this. Do NOT update android apps for the sake of an update. If there is nothing wrong, leave it alone.
    01-11-16 10:14 PM
    I'm not saying that we need updates for the sake of it, what I'm saying is that I try every route and yes there's App Devs that answer in a timely manner and there are other that NEVER and I mean NEVER answer... after that the App get useless and a waist of space in my device so after a long wait (still high hopes and waiting) nothing happens and they end up in the TRASH!!!

To those Devs are the ones that I'm talking...

I'm MongezaurioBerry
    01-12-16 07:57 PM
    the App get useless and a waist of space in my device so after a long wait (still high hopes and waiting) nothing happens and they end up in the TRASH!!!
    Maybe we should have a thread to list what apps are dead

01-22-16 09:51 AM
    Maybe we should have a thread to list what apps are dead

Not sure how you would find out if an App is 'dead' or not though

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 10:10 AM
    Absolutely true about the unnecessary updating. I have written a couple of posts about this. Do NOT update android apps for the sake of an update. If there is nothing wrong, leave it alone.
    I'm an update fanatic. Lol.

I just keep the latest copy of all my apks, so I can revert back if something breaks. I find this almost never happens though.
    brookie229 likes this.
    01-22-16 10:27 AM
    Not sure how you would find out if an App is 'dead' or not though

Posted via CB10
    Good point.

I'd mark it as any application with critical outstanding bugs where the support person cannot fix the issues or isn't responding and what platform it impacts. In particular, during an update BlackBerry broke all Unity games for several phones. Many still won't run and won't be patched.

I'd concede that those should be marked as inactive somewhere myself and the platform it fails for. But I fully agree that managing such a thread or list would be a nightmare waiting to happen. I also think someone smarter than I could come up with a good way around it. That said it's also what the supported device list in BlackBerry World is there for.

01-28-16 09:23 AM
    Thats not true, several of my BB10 apps have seen updates. Cine10 Pocketsafe. and some more but update differences cant even be seen.
    01-28-16 09:46 AM
    It's one of the reasons the app game is difficult. Just getting a dev to make the app is problem a. Then getting them to regularly update it is problem b. And when devs don't update apps that likely means their app is not successful; not getting a lot of new users via blackberry world. So that tells you even more about blackberry world and its market.

At some point it seems blackberry realized android compatibility was not enough.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Having owned the BlackBerry Priv I hated the fact no BBM video!! What's that!!!! It's a blackberry!

 Posted via my BlackBerry Passport!
    01-29-16 08:58 PM
    If you "need" apps, u have the wrong phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 12:18 AM