my son dropped the phone and it fell on its face and the screen shattered luckily it was the tempered glass screen protector. just ordered another one.

Posted via CB10
    hpjrt likes this.
    02-06-15 01:22 PM
    Oh my, how lucky. I would get several of those protectors!
    02-06-15 02:11 PM
    It should be noted that just because the screen protector smashed it does not mean that the screen itself would have. The screen protector is made from glass that is not as hardy as the glass used for the screen itself, and the screen protector is raised up higher than the screen is, meaning when it landed on its face, it hit the screen protector and only the screen protector, meaning it absorbed all of the impact whereas the screen itself likely wouldn't have had to endure all of the impact.

Not that the screen protector is a bad idea (I use one). Just trying to debunk the notion that the damage inflicted on a screen protector is what would have happened to the screen itself if there hadn't been one.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    thedose and Denvertorch like this.
    02-06-15 03:57 PM
    This happened to me aswell, I no longer rock a screen protector let alone any case. Just holding onto it with 15% more force, ahhaa

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 04:32 PM
    I still believe that additional protection helped.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 08:01 AM
    Wasn't trying to say the screen protector didn't help. Just saying that the damage to the screen protector likely isn't what would have happened to your phone's screen if there hadn't been a protector there.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    Denvertorch likes this.
    02-07-15 01:33 PM
    I had a similar experience with a glass screen protector that saved my Nexus 5 and from that day onwards I am a big fan of it.

My wife dropped the phone on the road at a parking. When we found it, we realised some cars had even gone over it. At first instance the back camera looked shattered together with the screen. However when I took the protector off, the screen was like new. I never thought that it would actually be that good.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport
    02-07-15 03:41 PM