aside paying at the checkout counter, what does NFC allow we passport users to do ??
    01-21-15 05:57 PM
    Transfer files, contact information, almost anything you can share, you can share via NFC

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1016
    01-21-15 06:02 PM
    You can also program inexpensive NFC tags that can trigger all sorts of actions on your device (notification changes, send email, open an app, toggle bluetooth, etc).

Look at the Smart Tags app that should already be on your device.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 06:04 PM
    I just bought one of the Storyleather pre-made holsters. Its awesome except it doesn't put the Passport to sleep or allow my power tools to make it vibrate in the holster.

I have never used NFC tags and wondered if there was a way to put one in the holster to accomplish the vibrate/sleep made while in the holster, but revert back to normal when removed.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks

Bill
    04-19-15 02:52 PM
    Some problem here advise needed, my wifi refuses to comeback on when using a smart tag to toggle wifi and bluetooth.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 02:59 AM
    aside paying at the checkout counter, what does NFC allow we passport users to do ??
    As is typical, my husband did not have a necessary contact on his phone (Note 4) and it came to me right then that this would be a good time to use NFC and see how it worked between Note and BB. It worked absolutely flawlessly and with no hassle. Wonderful technology
    04-20-15 07:07 AM
    Hope there aren't religious nutjobs here at Crackberry, but I have an NFC tag implanted in my left hand. On it is all my personal numbers to banks, insurance, medical, school, and various other accounts.

A quick scan of my hand pulls them up, its not saved anywhere, and has come in handy (bahaha) so many times. A little extreme for most, but I like it.

When the technology advances, I will love the day that I can save images of each credit card to the tag, so I can pull up the image and not just the number. That would be awesome.
    clitrenta likes this.
    07-08-15 10:30 AM
    As is typical, my husband did not have a necessary contact on his phone (Note 4) and it came to me right then that this would be a good time to use NFC and see how it worked between Note and BB. It worked absolutely flawlessly and with no hassle. Wonderful technology
    Wife and NFC to the rescue!
    07-08-15 11:03 AM
    So just be careful if someone will want you to hold an electronic device in your left hand!

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 11:04 AM
    Hope there aren't religious nutjobs here at Crackberry, but I have an NFC tag implanted in my left hand. On it is all my personal numbers to banks, insurance, medical, school, and various other accounts.

A quick scan of my hand pulls them up, its not saved anywhere, and has come in handy (bahaha) so many times. A little extreme for most, but I like it.

When the technology advances, I will love the day that I can save images of each credit card to the tag, so I can pull up the image and not just the number. That would be awesome.
    What you do with your hand is your business; the name calling isn't necessary.

Quick question: So whenever information needs to be updated, you undergo a "procedure" to replace the tag?
    07-08-15 11:07 AM
    Wait, how is this done? I haven't been able to figure out how to do this? Can we use it through apple pay checkouts?

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 11:10 AM
    I just bought one of the Storyleather pre-made holsters. Its awesome except it doesn't put the Passport to sleep or allow my power tools to make it vibrate in the holster.

I have never used NFC tags and wondered if there was a way to put one in the holster to accomplish the vibrate/sleep made while in the holster, but revert back to normal when removed.

Anyone know if this is possible?
    What you'll want to add to your holster (if viable without ruining its aestetics too much), is not a NFC tag, but a simple small magnet. On the Passport it goes right at the centre of the keyboard - back and front seems to work equally well.
    07-08-15 11:59 AM
    Wife and NFC to the rescue!
    Typical considering I'm the family IT person and my hubby is technologically impaired.
    07-08-15 01:20 PM
    Wait, how is this done? I haven't been able to figure out how to do this? Can we use it through apple pay checkouts?

Posted via CB10
    Don't say the "A" word and no I don't think you can however there are other NFC machines at various places that work (assuming staff have a clue) such as McDonalds, Walgreens, various gas stations. Also, I've seen them on some Coke machines at the mall (very handy). It's just not wide spread enough to be widely accepted. I'd probably use it more for file transfer with anyone else that has NFC capability.
    07-08-15 01:25 PM
    What you do with your hand is your business; the name calling isn't necessary.

Quick question: So whenever information needs to be updated, you undergo a "procedure" to replace the tag?
    Of course, but you seem like the open minded type. On other forums, nutjobs started screaming "Mark of the beast!" and damning me and others to hell lol. For taking scripture so literally, many couldn't wrap their heads around the fact that it's in my left hand, not the right.

The tag sits in the webbing between my thumb and index finger and is rewritable with 888 bytes of data, which is a fair amount of text. It's also RFID so I can open my door at home with it, open a gun safe, etc.

Eventually, when better options become available, if it's worth it ill replace it with a new one.

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2339 // Cricket Wireless
    07-08-15 01:25 PM