Just wondering where the NFC chip is located? I'm wanting to know I walk into a Tim Hortons and pay with NFC but I don't want to be trying to tap all over the machine like an *****...lol.

Posted via CB10
    christausky likes this.
    10-08-14 08:26 AM
    When I use it i always try where the blackberry logo is and it works,so give it a try...
    10-08-14 08:34 AM
    All NFC enabled BlackBerry 10 devices do the "back bumping" NFC thing.
    10-08-14 08:42 AM
    Excellent thank you. Will give it a try today

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 02:58 PM
    How does one go about connecting the BBPP to a bank account or Paypal? Sorry to ask here but i'm struggling to find clear information about this.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 03:12 PM
    BBPP?
    10-08-14 03:15 PM
    BBPP?
    Think he means BlackBerry Passport

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 03:21 PM
    How does one go about connecting the BBPP to a bank account or Paypal? Sorry to ask here but i'm struggling to find clear information about this.

Posted via CB10
    i believe u would first need a app to put your info in then u can pay via NFC if supported
    10-08-14 04:44 PM
    Yes the Tim Horton's is a specific app tied to a "gift card" so to say....I love it as I set up auto reloads and is always available to buy anything there.

I constantly had issues with using the NFC at the window. They always want to scan my screen rather than let me bump tap theirs. I gave up with the constant training and I just open the app now to the bar code for them to scan.

It is just as quick but I still prefer the tap method.
    10-08-14 04:56 PM
    Was wondering if we need a special NFC SIM card for NFC to work?
    10-08-14 05:47 PM
    Was wondering if we need a special NFC SIM card for NFC to work?
    Some apps don't require a secure sim card, however I think most banks do. I'm in Canada and if I want to use my nfc chip with the bank I use, I would need to get a secure sim from Rogers (my cell provider)

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 09:13 PM
    I've used NFC in connecting to my Sony wireless speaker. It seems to be right in the centre behind the logo.

Posted using my awesome Passport
    10-08-14 09:45 PM
    (if you're having trouble with Tim's clerks forcing a barcode reader on you, just say "I'll pay with a Tim card" and tap.)

I have been using NFC on my Z30 with the Tim's app to pay for coffee (and astound middle-aged Indian ladies) for months and months... now I get my Passport, and when I attempt to tap, it gives a double-beep and doesn't work.

Anyone else having trouble with NFC payments on the Passport?
    mennonitesausage likes this.
    10-14-14 01:55 PM
    Hi , i use nfc tags to toggle some settings on my new passport. But it can't read them if it's locked. Even if i activate the Settings : Read if device is locked or backlight is off. Is there any way to get it to work so i can change my bt Settings without unlocking the phone ? On my old bb 9900 it still works perect ...
    10-18-14 11:59 AM
    (if you're having trouble with Tim's clerks forcing a barcode reader on you, just say "I'll pay with a Tim card" and tap.)

I have been using NFC on my Z30 with the Tim's app to pay for coffee (and astound middle-aged Indian ladies) for months and months... now I get my Passport, and when I attempt to tap, it gives a double-beep and doesn't work.

Yes I am. I notice the terminal freezing up, so I can't tell if it's the Passport or the Tims software. My passport works fine for NFC transfer, tags, etc..

Have you figured out a solution?

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 08:16 AM

I have noticed this also. It's hit and Miss on the Passport

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 07:49 PM
    I've found putting the keyboard end to the screen works more consistently than anywhere else on the phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 09:41 AM
    I use the Passport NFC at tim's almost every day, and they have 2 cashs at mine. When I use one cash it works 99% of the time, when I use the other its like 80% until I close and open the app again. Either way love the convenience and wouldn't give it up!
    12-04-14 12:34 PM
    So, it's not an issue with MY Passport failing when using Tap to Pay at Tim's: it seems to be a general problem.

I noticed that the Timmy Me app had some disclaimer about using Tap to Pay on devices running 10.2.1: is it possible a change to NFC in 10.3.x has 'broken' the Timmy Me app and they have silently acknowledged this with the OS statement?

TimmyMe™
    FREE
    By
    Tim Hortons Inc.
    Write a review

Tim Hortons official TimmyMe™ app is now better than ever!

*New* Pay with TimmyMe™ (Only compatible with BlackBerry� OS 10.2)

Pay the easy way with your Tim Card! Grabbing lunch at Tims? There's no need to reach for your wallet. With our new mobile payment feature, just register your Tim Card� and enjoy a secure, convenient way to pay. It's as easy as one, two, scan!
    Has anyone got Tim Horton's to say anything about 10.3.x support for this feature and why it doesn't "just work" (and / or why it works erratically?)
    02-09-15 08:58 AM
    What about the usa? Any tap nfc payments going on? Starbucks? Walmart? Etc. What app? We don't have TH...
    02-09-15 09:27 AM
    Payment is location dependant. I go to 4 different Timmys. One nfc works with no trouble, the next one if I use nfc or bar code it freezes their register. Next one doesn't even have tap to pay and the bar code scanners are on the floor in a box. And the last one only bar code works.

Remember Tim Horton locations are independently owned and it's up to the owners to buy and install new terminals.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 09:45 AM
    In the UK we have contactless payment for debit cards, will I need a new sim for my phone to do this, how do I put bank details in?

Swiped on my beautiful Passport!
    02-14-15 03:35 AM
    I have a Z30 but found that at Rims, I am best to hold the phone about 1 to 2 inch above the terminal and not to a "tap motion". When I did the tap (similar to a credit card) the results were hit and miss. But with set and hold it works every time and at all Tims I visit.

Love the feature and look on staff used to bar coding phones.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 08:59 PM
    In the UK we have contactless payment for debit cards, will I need a new sim for my phone to do this, how do I put bank details in?

Swiped on my beautiful Passport!
    Ask your carrier for an nfc sim card

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.2267
    02-14-15 09:08 PM
    I have a Z30 but found that at Rims, I am best to hold the phone about 1 to 2 inch above the terminal and not to a "tap motion". When I did the tap (similar to a credit card) the results were hit and miss. But with set and hold it works every time and at all Tims I visit.

Love the feature and look on staff used to bar coding phones.
    it worked every time on my Z30, but very hit and miss on my passport.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 09:08 AM
29 12