I just realised that during a call you can't simply press a number to choose an option.. on the Classic you can and there are other instances where it is always easier to be able to press the digits from the keyboard...

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 10:32 AM
    I just realised that during a call you can't simply press a number to choose an option.. on the Classic you can and there are other instances where it is always easier to be able to press the digits from the keyboard...

Posted via CB10
    While in a call, tap the "Dialpad" view button at bottom right, then you can enter extension numbers or key in a number for selecting options.
    j21jam6 likes this.
    01-08-15 10:53 AM
    With numbers it would be perfect... especially if you edit a lot of excel and price sheets which is my case

CB10 Passporter
    01-08-15 11:10 AM
    If the Passport had numbers but no physical alt number, how would you access said number? Oh, right, by using the on-screen keyboard!

Hence why it has no numbers...

That's part of what makes it so unique, the fact that it is THE ONLY phone on the market with a hybrid physical/digital keyboard.

All they need to do is add more stability/functionality to it.

Omnia>i3G>9630>9650>Droid Pro>9650>9930>i4S>i5>i5S>Passport
    j21jam6 and alan510 like this.
    01-08-15 11:56 AM
    If the Passport had numbers but no physical alt number, how would you access said number? Oh, right, by using the on-screen keyboard!

Hence why it has no numbers...

That's part of what makes it so unique, the fact that it is THE ONLY phone on the market with a hybrid physical/digital keyboard.

All they need to do is add more stability/functionality to it.

Yes but it's uniqueness just for the sake of it. Keyboard layout on q10 and bold everyone was happy with that and the classic continues that theme.

I don't need to read BlackBerry at top of phone. Move the screen up a touch. Space and 0 key below that's how it's supposed to be. Touch sensitive keyboard yes that's improvement losing the zero and moving it, not showing 1 to 9 on kb even though they still work? Not so good!

Posted via CB10
    torco3 likes this.
    01-08-15 02:41 PM
    Yes but it's uniqueness just for the sake of it. Keyboard layout on q10 and bold everyone was happy with that and the classic continues that theme.

I don't need to read BlackBerry at top of phone. Move the screen up a touch. Space and 0 key below that's how it's supposed to be. Touch sensitive keyboard yes that's improvement losing the zero and moving it, not showing 1 to 9 on kb even though they still work? Not so good!

Posted via CB10
    I'm assuming that you didn't buy a Passport, right?

Just to demonstrate that opinions can vary greatly, I'll say that I love the way BlackBerry set up the Passport. Love the physical/virtual keyboard combo. On launch day, I experimented with one for about 20 minutes before I relized I was hooked. Picked it up on the spot, off-contract.
    thedose and j21jam6 like this.
    01-08-15 04:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    You're obviously posting in the wrong thread because you're asking for a 4-row keyboard, not just numbers...

Your design defeats the purpose of the hybrid physical/digital kb and turns this phone into a Bold/Q10 successor--but that's what the Classic is.

You should get a classic and call it a day.

j21jam6 and Tabdus like this.
    01-08-15 05:03 PM
    I'm assuming that you didn't buy a Passport, right?

Just to demonstrate that opinions can vary greatly, I'll say that I love the way BlackBerry set up the Passport. Love the physical/virtual keyboard combo. On launch day, I experimented with one for about 20 minutes before I relized I was hooked. Picked it up on the spot, off-contract.
    Couldn't agree more.

Posted Securely Via BlackBerry Scarlet Passport or Onyx Classic.
    01-08-15 05:05 PM
    Aaaaaaargh! I still haven't even held one! Stupid Verizon! I can't even say if I would like the 3 row setup. I do love the standard four row on my Q10, but would happily give the pp a shot if I had the opportunity.
    01-08-15 05:56 PM
    Disagree love the way it is!

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 05:57 PM
    While I agree with you, the Passport needs to be downsized (probably to a 3.85" screen) to be able to incorporate numbers and symbols over the letters. To give you an example, with the current width of the Passport you wouldn't be able to use ALT with your left thumb and bring your right thumb across to the left side of the keyboard to, say, insert a number. You would need to do it all with one thumb at the time. That's why I think a Passport sized at 3.85" would be ideal, with a 4-row touch-enabled keyboard. That would be ideal.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 06:27 PM
    This is a reason why I held off on the Passport. With physical number keys, I can dial phone numbers faster than speed dial on my Q10! I hate digital dial pads.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    01-09-15 01:11 AM
    You're obviously posting in the wrong thread because you're asking for a 4-row keyboard, not just numbers...

Your design defeats the purpose of the hybrid physical/digital kb and turns this phone into a Bold/Q10 successor--but that's what the Classic is.

You should get a classic and call it a day.

?????
    Title as read on my passport using cb app is 'Next passport should have numbers on the keyboard...'
    ?????
    The passport does have numbers from the keyboard on qwersdfxcv keys issue is the numbers are not printed and the 0 key is in a different place from before.
    If we are simply saying passport keyboard should be updated with the numbers printed on it where they actually are then that would be useful.
    We could even retrofit the updated kb with numbers displayed on it.

If we are talking of when passport is replaced I'm saying BlackBerry phones should have some commonality. Think some have suggested on other threads a 4th row above with all the numbers that would be real nasty I really don't want that.

What I'm trying to say is please don't ask BlackBerry to make another keyboard layout different from passport and q10 unless it's something half way between a passport and q10.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 01:35 AM
    ?????
    Title as read on my passport using cb app is 'Next passport should have numbers on the keyboard...'
    ?????
    The passport does have numbers from the keyboard on qwersdfxcv keys issue is the numbers are not printed and the 0 key is in a different place from before.
    If we are simply saying passport keyboard should be updated with the numbers printed on it where they actually are then that would be useful.
    We could even retrofit the updated kb with numbers displayed on it.

If we are talking of when passport is replaced I'm saying BlackBerry phones should have some commonality. Think some have suggested on other threads a 4th row above with all the numbers that would be real nasty I really don't want that.

What I'm trying to say is please don't ask BlackBerry to make another keyboard layout different from passport and q10 unless it's something half way between a passport and q10.

Posted via CB10
    Ah, thanks for clearing that up, I misunderstood as all the other threads with users complaining of it lacking a 4th row of physical keys.

I do agree with you 100% that it would def make typing numbers easier if they were printed on the keyboard, so when using the digital keyboard to input numbers, you could just do it via the physical keyboard easier than you can do it now--which is to guess what key on the physical keyboard triggers which number from the digital keyboard.

01-09-15 01:54 AM
    The numbers on the keyboard could work when the phone is in certain modes so when on a call or when used in excel. They would become active without the need for a shift key... that's where BlackBerry is heading in terms of adaptive tec anyway isn't it? The objective should be to press as few buttons as possible and yet maximise the phone's functionality...

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 01:57 AM
    I'm another that really appreciates the hybrid keyboard. I find using the extra rows to be easy, especially since they are mapped to the physical keyboard. Also, I'm now used to the current design, I hope they keep something similar for the passport 2.
    01-12-15 07:12 AM
    I hate entering numbers on the virtual keyboard.

Slow.

Inaccurate.

I always correct what I type, at least once for each date, password, phone number. The physical keys are no problem to type on fast and accurately.

During calls, I just struggle...

Excel? It's a nightmare to enter a lot of numbers. The thing is, I bought the Passport also to view and edit Excel sheets as advertised. Changing contents of a cell is quite a finger gymnastics, with double taps, swipe downs, virtual rows... I didn't find a consistent, easy, error proof way to enter more numbers in a row.

For a sibgle digit, the swipe down work well, I learned many of the shortcuts by heart now, but to enter 2015 this way, I have to do:
    Swipe down - e - swipe down - q - swipe down - w - swipe down - d
    This is very slow.
    Or, I use the virtual keyboard, and do the usual entering correcting cycle.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 01:14 PM