Everything seems to have installed and I can open google play which is good. However, I am a little confused with this post... you still need the patched apps from cobalt, right. The ones he patched you can download. And other apps you want that involves geo mapping mainly, you need google services, so you have to patch yourself from Cobalt's landing page? It seems that the author of this thread,Barbareren, said google maps was no problem now... I noticed the Cobalt's latest version update was "google ID v. 2.1.1. Maby this gives you google services. I want the "cobra i radar app" for instance. So do I need to patch that myself since it's not on Cobalt's list of patched apps? Because Barbareren said he was good with the latest updated files. Or did he use a patched app from Cobalt's list? I also notice "google settings" with the other three apps I downloaded as per instructions. Is this g services? Sorry for the "so many questions", still. I do appreciate all the hard work Cobalt has done! Just trying to get my understanding of it all correct.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 01:09 PM
    It asks if I would like to install google services when I opened google maps, so I am presuming I don't have "services"...
    The new version of Google Play Store is great!-img_20150706_141422.png

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 01:23 PM
    The cobra i radar app crashes and just says this before it closes. So I will still need to patch this app with a signature from one of those patch apps, right?
    The new version of Google Play Store is great!-img_20150706_142413.png

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 01:26 PM
    Newbie here... if i install new google play services and download snapchat, instagram etc... will it work and look proper? notifications etc?

have the bb passport RED in fedex transit.. cant wait!!
    07-06-15 02:25 PM
    Buy an android phone and give your data and contacts to google...

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 02:28 PM
    Newbie here... if i install new google play services and download snapchat, instagram etc... will it work and look proper? notifications etc?

have the bb passport RED in fedex transit.. cant wait!!
    Do the three app downloads and install in order stated. I have Instagram with no problem. Don't know about snapchat... don't use it.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 02:38 PM
    So I am presuming we need to patch certain apps ourselves that require GP services... unless the app is in Cobalt's patch list. I was hoping Cobalt could have solved the problem but it's a framework issue. That need signature patches? Am I correct?
    AgentJusy talks about getting a App specific password on youtube. But that procedure didn't work for me.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 02:55 PM
    Everything seems to have installed and I can open google play which is good. However, I am a little confused with this post... you still need the patched apps from cobalt, right. The ones he patched you can download. And other apps you want that involves geo mapping mainly, you need google services, so you have to patch yourself from Cobalt's landing page? It seems that the author of this thread,Barbareren, said google maps was no problem now... I noticed the Cobalt's latest version update was "google ID v. 2.1.1. Maby this gives you google services. I want the "cobra i radar app" for instance. So do I need to patch that myself since it's not on Cobalt's list of patched apps? Because Barbareren said he was good with the latest updated files. Or did he use a patched app from Cobalt's list? I also notice "google settings" with the other three apps I downloaded as per instructions. Is this g services? Sorry for the "so many questions", still. I do appreciate all the hard work Cobalt has done! Just trying to get my understanding of it all correct.

Posted via CB10
    there is apps like uber /youtube etc that needs to be patched with lucky patcher but you will need cobalt's google play services (patched) in order to work right and before you install a patched app you will need to delete the original one so you don;t get the message "unable to install "
    07-06-15 02:56 PM
    You can turn off that notification. Go to my Google Landing page here on Crackberry and read the instructions at the end of the first post.
    Mind in sharing the link?
    I was actually annoyed by the every times play services query and deleted your app.
    If we can switch it off, its well and good
    Please share the link for downloading your latest apps and the instruction to disable the notification of goole play services. By the way is it hard for you to patch that and disable that notification even showing up?

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2339
    07-06-15 02:59 PM
    Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 04:28 PM
    :!.
    The new version of Google Play Store is great!-img_0299.jpg
    [ATTACH]361243[/:AT,!TA'CH]:

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails The new version of Google Play Store is great!-img-20150705-wa002.jpg  
    07-06-15 04:29 PM
    I just downloaded Google play store along with the corresponding files and whenever i attempt to download certain apps like Google maps or other notable apps like Instagram, Facebook etc, I get the same error message:

"_______ could not be downloaded due to an error. (Error retrieving information from the server. )"

Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 05:17 PM
    It seems that the author of this thread,Barbareren, said google maps was no problem now... I noticed the Cobalt's latest version update was "google ID v. 2.1.1. Maby this gives you google services. I want the "cobra i radar app" for instance. So do I need to patch that myself since it's not on Cobalt's list of patched apps? Because Barbareren said he was good with the latest updated files. Or did he use a patched app from Cobalt's list? I also notice "google settings" with the other three apps I downloaded as per instructions. Is this g services? Sorry for the "so many questions", still. I do appreciate all the hard work Cobalt has done! Just trying to get my understanding of it all correct.
    Hi, for me Google Maps works perfectly now, with saved off-line maps and everything. And maybe most importantly; no more annoying pop-ups. All I did was delete the old Google Play Store and the two patched apps, then installing the newest version of all three apps. I haven't done anything to Google Maps itself. I just have the latest version installed from the Play Store. The 'My places' page in Google Maps didn't work before, but now it does. Behold my screenshot (it's in my native language):

PS: I also downloaded and tried Cobra iRadar. Unfortunately it crashed. It doesn't appear to compatible with BB10.

The new version of Google Play Store is great!-img_20150706_202802.png

Passport SQW100-1 OS 10.3.2.2339
    07-06-15 08:37 PM
    I have Google Playstore already, but you're saying if I update then I won't have the Google Play Services Error?

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 09:06 PM
    Cobalt did a lot of great work for us... I don't have it all figured out yet myself, but here is link to Colbalts landing page. Read all of this with links like am going to and it should help you... http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 10:48 PM
    Barbareren, just in case you have a Cobra Radar device with Bluetooth, their is an App in Play Store that works great with it. It's called the iRadar Notifier. Works perfect!

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 10:52 PM
    I have Google Playstore already, but you're saying if I update then I won't have the Google Play Services Error?

Posted via CB10
    Well, at least that's how it worked for me. I'm not sure about the details. You'd have to ask Cobalt about that, but I seem to remember reading something about when you already have an Android app dependent on Google Services installed and you update the Play Store and the two corresponding apps, that the Google dependent app will be patched somehow. Don't quote me on that though, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Passport SQW100-1 OS 10.3.2.2339
    07-07-15 10:02 AM
    You can find more information and instructions on my Google Landing page here on Crackberry.
    07-07-15 12:08 PM
    The new version of Google Play Store is great!-img_20150707_114015.png

I got a little lazy with updating to the latest version and it still works but with the slightly annoying auto launch to update

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    07-07-15 01:42 PM
    You should really update to 5.6.8. The version you are using has a lot of bugs that have been fixed Read post #2 in my Play Store thread to see what has been fixed.
    sibeans likes this.
    07-07-15 03:28 PM
    You should really update to 5.6.8. The version you are using has a lot of bugs that have been fixed Read post #2 in my Play Store thread to see what has been fixed.
    I'm 8 builds behind, lol. If I want to update the old versions, do I install them in the same order as the "How To Install" instructions? Thanks!

Sidenote, I'm not sure what prevents "pro key" installation for some apps (in my case, it's SuperBeam Pro key) if it's the Play Store build or the app dev preventing it.

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    07-07-15 03:48 PM
    You can update all apps, except Blackberry Google ID. That app must be removed before you install the new version.

Pro Key sounds like some kind of unlocker app. It may be protected in some way.
    sibeans likes this.
    07-07-15 03:55 PM
    You can update all apps, except Blackberry Google ID. That app must be removed before you install the new version.

Pro Key sounds like some kind of unlocker app. It may be protected in some way.
    Cobalt thanks for the hard work you put into this. I have a question. I am good to go but I want the youtube app. That is one that needs the lucky patcher.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 361686

Which patch do I need to run to remedy this?
    Last edited by twelvezero8; 07-09-15 at 11:11 AM.
    07-09-15 10:43 AM
    How long do I wait for this to disappear? I can touch the screen and it goes away?

The new version of Google Play Store is great!-img_20150709_093740.png

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 11:39 AM
    I have 5.6.6 installed and seems to work pretty well. Should I upgrade it to 5.6.8?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    07-09-15 11:49 AM
127 12345 ...