The red screen looks a bit wider and longer.
    Sure it must be an optical illusion, but even side by side the red looks a touch longer.
    Could it be?
    Yes i notice that as well.
    01-13-15 10:41 AM
    Yeah, it because the red one has the black steel frame, that paired with the black screen gives the optical illusion of a bigger screen.

The redesign has the silver steel frame which breaks up/puts the screen into a box, so to speak, thus giving it the illusion that it is smaller.

The redesigned one is a few mm taller than the original though (obviously due to the extended chin piece).
    01-13-15 10:48 AM
    This thread is garbage and goes to prove we are our own worst enemy... seriously... you start by saying you are pissed about the lack of transparency on Passports bending and the screen lifting. This is complete crap. These aren't real issues experienced by a majority of owners in any regard. In fact, it is most likely an extremely small minority of users who have almost certainly done something to damage the phone themselves. But, no, the owner of said device had to share it with the world like there is some inherent design flaw affecting everyone. Then, like the children we are we must all look at the terrible wreck of a device and comment about our own personal feelings on the matter. Inevitably, this promotes these types of threads to become some of the most popular on the forum. This distorts the reality of the situation because users now have a disproportionate view of the good vs the bad. Add on top of all that, that I know of users who never go passed the "Popular in the Forums" and "New in the Forums" on the front page, and Crackberry themselves should share a lot of the blame.

The reality, you look at these forums and see complaints because people are more inclined to post their issues rather than to stop in and say everything is going great. Then, everyone has to add their two cents while often either ignoring the actual issue or inferring the poster is a liar. Blowing everything in to crazy proportions when inevitably it's an isolated case (a statistical anomaly you could say) or not even a big deal. Or, well, the all too familiar "you're holding it wrong" type of response directed at an actual concern.

We are our won worst enemy... There is no design flaw, there is no better built one, there is no lack of transparency. If yours breaks it will be your own fault, the same as it would be with any other device.

/RANT (that was long over due)
    01-13-15 02:26 PM
    Interesting rant. I kind of agree with 98% of it, BUT... everything has a design flaw. One way or another. There isn't a single thing on this earth that's made perfectly. It may be relatively perfect in the beholder's eyes, but not in the absolute sense. I can't tell what sense you are referring to, but your post leans very heavily towards the absolute sense.
    wincyUt and Zeratul57 like this.
    01-13-15 04:22 PM
    This thread is garbage and goes to prove we are our own worst enemy... seriously... you start by saying you are pissed about the lack of transparency on Passports bending and the screen lifting. This is complete crap. These aren't real issues experienced by a majority of owners in any regard. In fact, it is most likely an extremely small minority of users who have almost certainly done something to damage the phone themselves. But, no, the owner of said device had to share it with the world like there is some inherent design flaw affecting everyone. Then, like the children we are we must all look at the terrible wreck of a device and comment about our own personal feelings on the matter. Inevitably, this promotes these types of threads to become some of the most popular on the forum. This distorts the reality of the situation because users now have a disproportionate view of the good vs the bad. Add on top of all that, that I know of users who never go passed the "Popular in the Forums" and "New in the Forums" on the front page, and Crackberry themselves should share a lot of the blame.

The reality, you look at these forums and see complaints because people are more inclined to post their issues rather than to stop in and say everything is going great. Then, everyone has to add their two cents while often either ignoring the actual issue or inferring the poster is a liar. Blowing everything in to crazy proportions when inevitably it's an isolated case (a statistical anomaly you could say) or not even a big deal. Or, well, the all too familiar "you're holding it wrong" type of response directed at an actual concern.

We are our won worst enemy... There is no design flaw, there is no better built one, there is no lack of transparency. If yours breaks it will be your own fault, the same as it would be with any other device.

/RANT (that was long over due)
    Wow. Think you need to slow down and either re-read my post or not call it garbage. I did not say I was pissed about the lack of transparency on the bending and screen lifting as far as I'm aware. I was a bit annoyed at the lack of transparency regarding the redesign for AT&T. I also stated I wouldn't care much if a Passport 2 with crazy specs, etc. were to be released soon as I am happy with the current Passport and stated that is how tech goes.

I have had a black Passport since launch and it has been great. I ended up having a few friends chip in for the red to give the black to my mother. I'm using the red Passport now. The build quality is excellent. My concern was those that have posted regarding the way the frame is on the original which apparently creates a weak point which has caused screens lifting, etc. Also, if the phone is rotated a certain way this could also cause this. I personally do not carry my Passport in my pocket and I'm sure many do without issue, but I've read enough posts from different users with this issue. Some have stated that there was nothing on their end and whether to believe that or not is debatable, but there are plenty of pics from different users showcasing what I asked about.

In another post I also made the comment that this is how message boards work. Those that have issues will come here for help or maybe just to complain. I have been a member of many forums and that's how it goes, especially with something new and dare I say a bit innovative. I am personally thankful that those with issues post as sometimes the responses are useful and informative. If nobody posted about their issue on this and my screen started lifting I'd be freaking out and likely posting on here. Of course those that do not have issues aren't going to make a thread about nothing so for anyone familiar with how message boards work should understand this.

Anyway, my frustration was because the issue that is causing these devices to become defective, whether user inflicted or not, seems to be resolved with the new redesign. There was a weakness found and it has been discussed by multiple members regarding the how and why. I'd be more suspicious if shopblackberry started selling the AT&T version when current stock runs out. That is why I was curious regarding the bands.

I left an unlimited data plan on Verizon for the Passport after using their service for almost ten years. This was obviously to make the switch to AT&T for this device. Just because the screen lifting may be within the margin of error for manufacturing, I don't think that my post was garbage for bringing it up. I now have two Passports and was curious as to opinions on what to do with the second. Unfortunately, it is the red and is a great device. I've had the black Passport since launch. The red is still within 30 days and the AT&T version seems to address the only major flaw or whatever you would like to label it. I was asking for opinions and at this point think I'll be keeping both.

If I was so disgusted I wouldn't have bothered getting input from those here that have helped me out many times with multiple issues and would have just returned the device. Sorry if my thread bothered you, but I would like the device to last a few years and while there is no guarantee, the reassurance I received was helpful. Not sure what you saw that was so wrong besides my point that there could have been more transparency regarding AT&T and rounded corners, but for the company that may have resulted in more waiting and less device sales so it is understandable. My point had nothing to do with the rounded corners, but with the way the stainless steel frame was redesigned. In fact, I prefer the original. It is more bold and stands out in a good way. On the other hand, my mother is more impressed with the AT&T model based on aesthetics.

Edit: AT&T has stated on their own message board that they would be carrying the Passport when it was launched and Chen, while not directly stating the device in my hand will be what AT&T will carry, pretty much stated the same thing. I really don't care that this model has wireless charging or whatever... I am satisfied with my experience with the Passport. Because of a weakness found that seems to be resolved, why not ask opinions? I am actually glad and hope that the new frame reduces this issue to nothing since my mother will be getting the AT&T model! It shows that BlackBerry is constantly making fixes as issues arise.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by RLTurn77; 01-13-15 at 05:02 PM.
    01-13-15 04:38 PM
    " It shows that BlackBerry is constantly making fixes as issues arise."

Not really, that goes with out saying. Do you see any other manufacture trying harder than BB. Innovating any as much as the Passport. PPUUULLLEAASSEEE. Ofcourse they are taking care. If I had to pick one place in the world to watch the human race trying to perfect personal electronics and make a profit.... it would be BLACKBERRY.
    03-07-15 08:28 AM
31 12