I can't help but wonder if the options for accessories will be greater for this ATT "exclusive" version.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 05:04 PM
    I can't help but wonder if the options for accessories will be greater for this ATT "exclusive" version.

Posted via CB10
    It may not have any accessories.. I doubt accessory makers are going to flock to make new cases for a phone that's only sold on one US carrier...
    Taigatrommel likes this.
    01-07-15 05:08 PM
    It may not have any accessories.. I doubt accessory makers are going to flock to make new cases for a phone that's only sold on one US carrier...
    My thoughts exactly. There might be some OEM accessories designed by BlackBerry themselves and maybe some el-cheapo asian mass production wares available, but I doubt there will be much beyond that. However maybe the at&t Passport will sell like hotcakes and thus generate enough interest for accessory companies.

Posted via CB10
    raqball likes this.
    01-07-15 05:13 PM
    My thoughts exactly. There might be some OEM accessories designed by BlackBerry themselves and maybe some el-cheapo asian mass production wares available, but I doubt there will be much beyond that. However maybe the at&t Passport will sell like hotcakes and thus generate enough interest for accessory companies.

Posted via CB10
    Enterprise push...?

$40 on a case that can be made for less than two allows for much better margins than the phone itself.

Anti-virus and extended warranty on top of that PC, that's were a lot of electronics retailers make a nice extra second income... :-)

  A berry good start and God's blessing to all in 2015 ...  
    01-07-15 05:35 PM
    It's still a BlackBerry, so don't expect too many accessories.
    01-07-15 06:14 PM
    Will the flip cover work the same on the AT&T version as in the normal one?

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 06:23 PM
    That's what sucks... why can't att just use the same device we've all come to love? Now accessory companies have to scramble to develop two different versions.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 07:46 PM
    Will the flip cover work the same on the AT&T version as in the normal one?

Posted via CB10
    Not really: The new design looks to be slightly taller than the old one. Especially the back of the OEM flip cover is slightly smaller than the back of the old design, so it would be simply too small to make it fit. However It should be easy to attach the cover anyways on the at&t device, yet parts of it will stick out and I am not sure if the LED cutout will align properly.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 04:54 AM