the passport looks more and more pocketable with every picture.

Funny, I had same experience. Was surrounded by iPhones buy nobody used apps. Just phone and texting. They missed flip feature phones that lasted for days. I provided a mobile hotspot for iPhones, that was fun

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    09-22-14 11:35 PM
    That's an iPhone 5S... just saying.
    No, it's a 6. Do a mental projection of the iPhone screen diagonal on top of the Passport and you'll notice it's just a tad longer, 4.7" vs. Passport's 4.5". Also, the glass is rounded on all edges, consistent with the new iPhones. Besides, what's the relevance?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 01:56 AM
    That's an iPhone 5S... just saying.
    You're wrong...This is an iphone 5 next to a passport.... think before posting, not as tall, iphone 6 is taller than passport... Just saying

New pic of BlackBerry Passport next to iPhone 6-1407904630739_999734.png
    09-23-14 08:32 AM

You're wrong...This is an iphone 5 next to a passport.... think before posting, not as tall, iphone 6 is taller than passport... Just saying

BlackBerry Passport Pictured With iPhone 6 click this link, it does go to berryflow though, migght not be Kevin after all?!?! who knows. But its a Iphone 6.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1407904630739_999734.png 
Views:	709 
Size:	247.5 KB 
ID:	299831
    thats Kevin with his gold Iphone 6 you can see the gold along the edges of the phone.
    09-23-14 08:40 AM
    Very Happy with how the passport looks, For people who are confused about the dimension, just look at your seagate expansion 1 tb External HD (If you have one). It has the exact same dimension barring thickness. You'll get a pretty good Idea , alternatively you can use your passport .
    09-23-14 08:41 AM
    Shouldn't the passport be compared with the 6 Plus?

The first pic looks more like the regular 6 to me.

New pic of BlackBerry Passport next to iPhone 6-iphone_6_final_header_800_fullwidth.jpg

Edit: on second look... I think it is the Plus. Must just be the Passport distortion field making everything else look small around it
    09-23-14 12:24 PM
    Is that the 6 or 6 plus that's it's being compared to?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 12:35 PM
    Is that the 6 or 6 plus that's it's being compared to?

Posted via CB10
    I think 6 Plus now... if you look at the comparison picture I just posted around the earpiece and those dots around it, the placement seems to match that of the Plus. What are those, anyway... two front facing cameras? Looks weird.
    09-23-14 12:48 PM
    Darn, can u imagine when u put defender otterbox or ballistic hard case on that darn passport. It would be Godzilla's personal phone. Lol

" Initiated from my QNX10 "
    09-23-14 12:49 PM
    Just last night, I did a BBM video chat from Japan with my family back in the US. It was smoother than Skype, with no lag, bad audio, or drops.
    Posted via CB10

Just wondering, can the Playbook use BBM for video chat or does one need a BB smartphone?

P.S. I know that Playbook users can do videoconferencing with each other provided that each has the other's BB PIN number. But this BBM thing? Is it the same? Does one have to have a BB Data Plan?[/QUOTE]

The bbm video playbook to playbook really a neat one. I'm sure our 2 playbook as a baby monitors. Really neat, u know.

" Initiated from my QNX10 "
    09-23-14 01:11 PM
    thats Kevin with his gold Iphone 6 you can see the gold along the edges of the phone.
    You got my post wrong... The picture in the first post is a iphone 6, I was replying to the user that said it was a iphone 5s. So I showed him how the iphone 5 looks next to the passport to make him realise that the picture in OP is the iphone 6
    Nels likes this.
    09-23-14 01:31 PM
    The original picture is a comparison between the Passport and the regular 6 (NOT the 6 Plus).

I had some time to kill, so I popped into the Apple store a few minutes ago. The iPhone 6 Plus is really awkward. But it's not the width, it's the height. And the thinness/slipperiness. I expect the Passport to be a much more pleasant experience.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 02:31 PM
    The original picture is a comparison between the Passport and the regular 6 (NOT the 6 Plus).

I had some time to kill, so I popped into the Apple store a few minutes ago. The iPhone 6 Plus is really awkward. But it's not the width, it's the height. And the thinness/slipperiness. I expect the Passport to be a much more pleasant experience.

Posted via CB10
    I don't mind the thinness. I completely agree on the height. The phone is almost 1/4" taller than the Note 4. With that said though, the display is fantastic and the finish is premium. It's a good device overall. Now I want to see and feel the Passport. I really hope I don't have to blind order it and risk returning it.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 02:38 PM
    Do you think the Passport will be bendable like the iPhone 6? That flexible display looks really cool.. wait, you mean it's not supposed to bend? Uh oh...

New pic of BlackBerry Passport next to iPhone 6-iphone_6_plus_owners_are-9a9e0d287ade87d49077875fb1faac33.gif

This story is picking up traction: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/iphone...163109776.html

Bendgate? This didn't take very long... https://twitter.com/bendgate
    09-23-14 02:56 PM
    That's the time Apple is innovating! They tried to copy the LG Flex but ... well they didn't go to the end of the process and here it is: the flexibreakable screen, it's a marketing thing. You must not hide your phone in your pocket or you wouldn't advertise for Apple
    Last edited by BaffTech; 09-24-14 at 03:54 AM.
    09-23-14 03:04 PM
    But it's very light and thin... I prefer light and thin to bulky and heavy that doesn't flex. I mean, why would you sit on your 700+$ device? If you sit on your laptop that was on the couch it can break aswell.
    09-23-14 04:51 PM
    Thank you for being a voice of reason. The Lumia 1020 should be topping the list.

Posted via CB10
    Actually the 808 (its older brother) is still the king. Check out PureView Club: The PureView Community - they are a phone camera centric site. After a year of comparisons, they still claim the 808 is better - although not in every situation. Granted, you can't easily buy the 808 any more, so for available mainstream phones, yep the 1020 is the one

Also, DxO (from memory) tests things like shot to shot time. At one point they made the z2 the best scoring (or at least tied) camera, however it scored highly on shot to shot time, but had inferior quality. In terms of IQ (Image Quality) the 808 is significantly above all bar the 1020, however the 1020 has pathetic shot to shot time and focus time which is why it is so low. The 808 has slowish shot to shot time (better than the 1020, but still slow), however it had spectacular IQ. Ironically, the Z10 had good IQ, with luminance noise rather than the more common chroma noise. Luminance is brightness (ie. the grain in old film), whereas chroma is colour. It is easy to correct luminance noise, but not so easy to correct chroma noise.
    Rowan M likes this.
    09-23-14 05:07 PM
    Ouch!!! Reference to Kevin at the end of the article

http://utbblogs.com/backtoblack/bend...rse-for-apple/
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    09-23-14 05:22 PM
    Actually the 808 (its older brother) is still the king. Check out PureView Club: The PureView Community - they are a phone camera centric site. After a year of comparisons, they still claim the 808 is better - although not in every situation. Granted, you can't easily buy the 808 any more, so for available mainstream phones, yep the 1020 is the one

Also, DxO (from memory) tests things like shot to shot time. At one point they made the z2 the best scoring (or at least tied) camera, however it scored highly on shot to shot time, but had inferior quality. In terms of IQ (Image Quality) the 808 is significantly above all bar the 1020, however the 1020 has pathetic shot to shot time and focus time which is why it is so low. The 808 has slowish shot to shot time (better than the 1020, but still slow), however it had spectacular IQ. Ironically, the Z10 had good IQ, with luminance noise rather than the more common chroma noise. Luminance is brightness (ie. the grain in old film), whereas chroma is colour. It is easy to correct luminance noise, but not so easy to correct chroma noise.
    Well, the 808 I would leave out because it's too bulky to have that camera. That's why I didn't include the galaxy K, that would be the king, it has a point and shoot camera built in pretty much
    09-23-14 05:32 PM
    Ouch!!! Reference to Kevin at the end of the article

http://utbblogs.com/backtoblack/bend...rse-for-apple/
    Oh that is not good. If somebody hasn't yet looked at the 6 Plus, it is a really long phone, I believe the only longer phone being the Galaxy Mega. I'm not surprised that it can bend in the front pocket when sitting because aluminum is really malleable.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 05:52 PM
    i knew about the stupid "will it blend?" contest that frequently destroy an iphone or aother goods, now we'll also have a "will it bend?" ritual for the next iterations of iphones....
    It's surprisingly easy to bend btw, how can Apple be unaware of that problem before the launch?
    09-23-14 07:25 PM
    Oh that is not good. If somebody hasn't yet looked at the 6 Plus, it is a really long phone, I believe the only longer phone being the Galaxy Mega. I'm not surprised that it can bend in the front pocket when sitting because aluminum is really malleable.

Posted via CB10
    This is hilarious! I'd love to see Apple spin this into "You're putting it in your pocket wrong," but I'm sure they'll just rely on the old defense of "It's such a small percentage of users. By the way, did we tell you how much money we made... I mean, how many phones we sold?"

Oh holy Internet, please make more memes of this.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 07:31 PM
    I don't think so as it looks like an 6 whereas Kevin bought a 6 Plus.
    09-23-14 07:45 PM
    But it's very light and thin... I prefer light and thin to bulky and heavy that doesn't flex. I mean, why would you sit on your 700+$ device? If you sit on your laptop that was on the couch it can break aswell.
    No it should not. I would hope the designer would test for just such a circumstance.
    I have sat on my phones and laptops of the years with no affect. Can't recall damaging anything to this extend. Compound this with the fact that the drop tests show the IP6 and IP6 plus do not fair very well.
    09-23-14 08:18 PM
    Seems like they did a pretty good job with the 5S. That seemed like a pretty sturdy version.

Edit: nevermind... looks like those were bendy too. iPhones were just made to be put into cases as soon as they come out of the box.
    09-23-14 08:58 PM
103 ... 2345