BBM videochat would be much more relevant if the BlackBerry development team finally got a move on and made it cross-platform! What's the hold-up?

Z-30 / STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1154 / T-Mobile USA
    09-22-14 01:56 AM
    [WARN]All,

Please avoid the bickering and insults. Keep it civil, and let's also stop labeling smartphone users with derogatory names like iSheep. Every platform has its pros & cons -- accept that and move on.

A number of "off topic" comments have been deleted (and where they were quoted). Clean slate time.[/WARN]

Elessar.cm / Moderator
    Superfly_FR, sirk25 and pri79269 like this.
    09-22-14 06:40 AM
    Wow, that actually just put the Passport into perspective for me. It's kinda cool.
    09-22-14 07:05 AM
    Tried TextPlus on 10.3 and it works great for me. So passport should run it very fast.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 07:12 AM
    ...both are good phones just for different people.
    09-22-14 07:36 AM
    Just saw a rose gold (or gaudy gold?) iPhone 6 today. Even putting all my bias aside, and I was putting in an extra effort to be partial and pointing out new features to the new owner but I must still say that it is really quite an ugly phone...

Maybe it is just the colour but... I'm just very happy that my blackberry don't look like that.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 09:32 AM
    Just don't like the passport. I think it looks grotesque tbh. iPhone is obviously overpriced too. I was waiting and waiting for the Z10 to go sub �150 but it didn't. I then just got a moto g. I'll say it now and I'll say it again, Blackberry have lost big time in not targetting the budget phone users. They won't win back many people with top iphone/ android phones with the passport.
    09-22-14 10:28 AM
    Just saw a rose gold (or gaudy gold?) iPhone 6 today. Even putting all my bias aside, and I was putting in an extra effort to be partial and pointing out new features to the new owner but I must still say that it is really quite an ugly phone...

Maybe it is just the colour but... I'm just very happy that my blackberry don't look like that.

Posted via CB10
    The new gold iPhone is pretty ugly. Silver looks much better.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 10:31 AM
    Anyway, thats it for me - please don't say the iPhone has the best camera without first checking
    Great point. Check your facts. If you check out DxOMark Mobile - DxOMark for their scientific ratings on mobile cameras, iPhone isn't #1, that belongs to Samsung S5, iPhone 5S is #6 (only 3 points behind 1st place), and the BlackBerry X10 is #17th...

New pic of BlackBerry Passport next to iPhone 6-screen-shot-2014-09-22-11.40.03-am.jpg
    09-22-14 10:43 AM
    The photo on the passport looks much better then the iPhone, at least from what I see.

No Shade cause theirs light.

Z10 all they way!
    09-22-14 10:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    It would be hard for me to put my bias aside on that one. I have a no gold policy in my life. All the new doors that I put in my house are getting anything but gold. The current doors the previous owner painted them.
    09-22-14 11:00 AM
    "I guess we shouldn't criticize McDonald's because over 100 billion have been served. It's the standard you know. "

I never criticize McDonald's; I just never eat there.
    09-22-14 11:06 AM
    Great point. Check your facts. If you check out DxOMark Mobile - DxOMark for their scientific ratings on mobile cameras, iPhone isn't #1, that belongs to Samsung S5, iPhone 5S is #6 (only 3 points behind 1st place), and the BlackBerry X10 is #17th...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-09-22 at 11.40.03 AM.jpg 
Views:	1299 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	299607
    If you're into photography, you'll know that you have to be very carefull with DxO mark tests, They are labtest that tend to be somehow irrelevant to general users. A lens that performs well in DxO not always translates into real world use. Especialy with sensors, DxO tests the sensor itself, but doesn't test the software behind it.

When you look at pure performance, Lumia 1020 poops over almost any smartphone in terms of real world image quality, yet it scores bad in DxO
    pri79269 likes this.
    09-22-14 11:12 AM
    Apple can just come out and say something like: "we have decided for you plebeians, that the way of the future is html5,.. since we have finally giveth a decent browser (in this case it'd be the BB10 browser on the Apple-branded Passport),.. apps are no longer necessary, they are no longer hip." And then everyone would thank Apple for looking out for them, their newborns and their future,.. and bash others for their antiquated reliance on platform-restricted 'App Stores'.
    When the original iPhone was released, Apple wanted apps to just be weblinks. The app functionality came from the jailbreak community and Apple eventually embraced it.
    09-22-14 12:10 PM
    Is there one next to a 6 Plus?
    09-22-14 12:23 PM
    Just don't like the passport. I think it looks grotesque tbh. iPhone is obviously overpriced too. I was waiting and waiting for the Z10 to go sub �150 but it didn't. I then just got a moto g. I'll say it now and I'll say it again, Blackberry have lost big time in not targetting the budget phone users. They won't win back many people with top iphone/ android phones with the passport.
    Glad that this is just your opinion. Bought my Z10 Stl100-3 in white for 250 usd from the BlackBerry online store.

I don't see the Z10 as a budget phone. The Z3 might suit that label better imo.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 12:46 PM
    And here am I thinking what is he eating?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    LOL. After the runny turd comment.......doesn't really matter, now. I guess the photo makes the Passport look wider.
    09-22-14 01:35 PM
    Berry flow:

BlackBerry Passport Pictured With iPhone 6

A �new photo has emerged online this time showing off the monstrous Passport next to an iPhone 6

Attachment 299327

Posted via CB10
    I'm probably in the minority here but I think the passport is just to wide. How the hell am I going to put that in my pocket?
    09-22-14 02:21 PM
    Least it won't break as easily. Have a look on you tube for various drop test results of the iPhone. Again, even with the special glass the phone is just not very robust IMHO.
    I believe there are many photos circulating around with the Passport being pocketed. Don't think it will be a big issue. Anyway, I never really never put my Z10 in my pant pocket.
    09-22-14 02:44 PM
    If you're into photography, you'll know that you have to be very carefull with DxO mark tests, They are labtest that tend to be somehow irrelevant to general users. A lens that performs well in DxO not always translates into real world use. Especialy with sensors, DxO tests the sensor itself, but doesn't test the software behind it.

When you look at pure performance, Lumia 1020 poops over almost any smartphone in terms of real world image quality, yet it scores bad in DxO
    Thank you for being a voice of reason. The Lumia 1020 should be topping the list.

Posted via CB10
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    09-22-14 02:44 PM
    Where's my Z50 ?

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    09-22-14 03:14 PM
    I'm probably in the minority here but I think the passport is just to wide. How the hell am I going to put that in my pocket?
    By... opening your pocket, positioning the phone above said pocket, and then letting gravity take over from there? Just an idea.

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    09-22-14 05:54 PM
    Passport looking really nice.
    09-22-14 05:57 PM
    That's an iPhone 5S... just saying.
    09-22-14 07:14 PM
    Thanks
    09-22-14 09:16 PM
103 12345