Do I have this right? PayPal developed an app for Blackberry and it's available on OS 10 devices EXCEPT the Passport? If true, WHY?
    01-10-15 11:57 AM
    Probably because the passport has a different resolution screen?

And perhaps they started developing the app before the passport was released?

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 12:01 PM
    I do believe that it has been made available for the classic and q10 which makes me wonder about the autoscaling of apps for passport. I swear that I had read somewhere about this.

Posted via CB10
    Agatonga likes this.
    01-10-15 12:04 PM
    PayPal has always done strange support decisions, with apps And services, so it's not a surprise it happened also this time.

another silly issue with many apps, is the availability in different regions

Even though you are from US, CA or UK, you might have the need for certain apps whilst traveling. Many services are only available for particular regions, but with a US PayPal account, with most services available - why should you not be able to download the app whilst you are in a country where PayPal have no support. I mean - your PayPal account IS already up and running with all bank connections, it is only the app itself you need access to....

Disneys BBM Channel was another example. Only available from a few countries. It's almost as if they don't understand that people actually sit abroad to plan their trips to US, and after their visit to Disney World they might want to stay on top of what is happening at Disney World so they can plan their next trip.

Regions - should be a no no in 2015, Unless there for some national security concerns that would prevent technology in the app to be "exported" to other countries. That does not apply to much these days.

I believe that most app restrictions, are from lack of real knowledge/understanding on How users travel and use the apps. Perhaps some enterprises with suited C Level who don't communicate with Sales dep - who has NO idea about how the grass root are doing things...

Media / Video is a returning "region" issue - where the media giants has had way to much power for to many years. In the digital age of 2015 it does not make sense that an online distributed youtube video should only be available from a few countries

BlackBerry is not completely free from regional issues either. One good sample is Maps.
    Only a few countries was covered in the beginning, then a few more - then BlackBerry said officially that they would not support more regions - only to again open up new area as Z3 was launched.
    But - there are many regions where BlackBerry is sold, with NO Maps support.
    Not talking about traffic here, just plain map

Similar with the Weather app. The app relies on data from services that is NOT good updated for many regions, where you get wrong cities etc.

It is not like Map data, or Weather data does not exist, it's just not existing in the providers that BlackBerry has chosen to partner up with, which is also the main issue. Is that from to little knowledge up front, to little thinking from those who make the decisions, or are there other business related reasons that is not to be spoken loud about?

I would gladly pay more $$ for a device with world wide support. Perhaps I wanted to travel to Jamaica one day and plan my trip... Not easy with BB Maps.

Yes yes, of course all these services can be found as 3rd party apps, that is not my point.
    As a developer, I want to use built-in API's for Map , but since BBMaps does not have support all around, I cannot use regular Cascades to do it, I have to use 3rd party API's ...

BlackBerry Assistant; Ask about the weather, and the built-in weather app is used. But since this app has limited data for many regions, wrong weather is reported.

If anyone has more insight on these matters, not only about PayPal, but other type of apps as well, on Why a restriction to country should be enforced - please enlighten me - I am open to learn something. Contacting sales or support in any of these providers, never gives any answers to anything. (might happen in the future they say.... )

Region walls should be torn down
    Last edited by Morten; 01-10-15 at 03:20 PM.
    01-10-15 12:38 PM
    Isn't available for Z30 too.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 (10.3.1.1154)
    FairlightRacing likes this.
    01-10-15 02:46 PM
    Don't forget that the app is region specific...

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 03:01 PM
    Anyone have a link?

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 03:34 PM
    I am using my passport running the android version of Paypal and it works well with card Reader

Posted via CB10
    thedose likes this.
    01-10-15 03:58 PM
    I am using my passport running the android version of Paypal and it works well with card Reader

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, I've found that the version found in Snap runs smooth and is very up to date (it's similar to the latest version on iOS)
    01-10-15 04:05 PM
    Probably because the passport has a different resolution screen?

And perhaps they started developing the app before the passport was released?

Posted via CB10
    Is it really any different than the Q10? Doesn't matter to me anyway, I run the Android version.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 07:11 PM
    Paypal HERE is much better than the official Paypal and it works over bluetooth with card reader looks nicer and runs much smoother (for q10) Download the APK from snap and you won't be sorry. It's awesome.
    New PayPal app for Blackberry not available on Passport?-img_20150114_095043.png
    01-14-15 03:50 AM
    Do I have this right? PayPal developed an app for Blackberry and it's available on OS 10 devices EXCEPT the Passport? If true, WHY?
    Not on Z30 either

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-14-15 04:12 AM
    I do believe that it has been made available for the classic and q10 which makes me wonder about the autoscaling of apps for passport. I swear that I had read somewhere about this.

Posted via CB10
    YES. Autoscaling. I wish we could modify Passport resolution to Q10 resolution.

I like it big.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=990454

Pasaporte Pilipino.
    01-15-15 12:07 PM
    Perhaps a Tweet to the senior manager in charge of the app?

Priya Rajendran

@PriyaRajendran
    02-26-15 01:16 PM
    Paypal HERE is much better than the official Paypal and it works over bluetooth with card reader looks nicer and runs much smoother (for q10) Download the APK from snap and you won't be sorry. It's awesome.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150114_095043.png 
Views:	742 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	327259
    Who made this app and how can we trust it completely??

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 02:18 PM
    The Paypal app from bbw is native or android port?

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 02:25 PM
    The Paypal app from bbw is native or android port?

Posted via CB10
    Android.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 02:29 PM
    I can say I got it on my passport due using blackberry link when switch device from z10
    It's seems to work right

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 02:36 PM
    Android.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. Not interested in android apps.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 03:49 PM
    Who made this app and how can we trust it completely??

Posted via CB10
    PayPal made the app and yes you can trust it. It is really an app for taking payments though pretty much, not for general PayPal account stuff.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 07:43 PM