So despite all the doom and gloom over the future of BB 10, I have decided to purchase my second BlackBerry Passport (silver edition this time) and take advantage of the new sale on Shop BlackBerry. I bought my unlocked black one the first day they went on sale back in September of 2014, and I couldn't be happier with the device. Although it still works perfectly I realize that some day it will stop functioning. So I want to have a back-up in place for when that happens. I am not posting to start a debate on the merits of purchasing a device with an OS that is likely being phased out - I am willing to take the chance that it will still take care of my needs even if the OS is winding down.

My question is in terms of the battery. If I can find the will power, should I leave the phone in the box until the day I need it? Or should I take it out, charge it up, put it back in the box, and let the battery discharge on its own every month or two? Which strategy is most advantageous to help me best preserve the battery until the day when I start using the SE on a daily basis?

Thanks for the help.
    01-30-16 06:02 AM
    Here are some of the tips which MIGHT be useful to you . Please click on the below link :
    How To Take Care of Your Smartphone Battery the Right Way
    01-30-16 07:33 AM