Gents/Ladies,

The polls are going and the debates are getting heated in concern to the ATT/CES bombshell and to a less extent what I'm referring to as #CORNERGATE15 . But heres a thought. With the rounded corners that means that all of the current and official BB Passport accessories will not work with the ATT exclusive version. Has this hit anyone else and what are your thoughts on this. Will aftermarket/ Official BB accessories be made to accommodate both models??? Cheers. And no matter what The BB Classic/Passport is great news!
    01-07-15 11:57 PM
    ATT might be looking into making more money partnering with accessories manufacturers for their proprietary Passport
    01-08-15 12:49 AM
    I don't think the AT&T Passport will do the well.

Most people on AT&T who really wanted one either bought it factory unlocked or bought decided on another device.

Too late

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-08-15 01:35 AM
    I don't think the AT&T Passport will do the well.

Most people on AT&T who really wanted one either bought it factory unlocked or bought decided on another device.

Too late

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    I disagree, I don't think that it's too late, the Passport is going to be around for a long while and and it's going to keep drawing more people in. Think about how the Q10 is still going to be receiving 10.3.1 and even after the first gen BB10 devices reach their end of life, the Passport will still be getting updates with whatever they come out with next. They still sell the 9900 on their website and maybe even some carriers still sell it. The Passport is the next generation of that kind of device.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    thedose likes this.
    01-08-15 01:50 AM
    I hope the at&t one does well. It's still a Passport, guys.

How infuriating would it be if BlackBerry made the leather holster compatible only with the rounded corner Passport and priced it at $49.99 though?! Then we'd have real chaos around here

Posted via CB10
    raqball and thedose like this.
    01-08-15 02:00 AM
    I hear all that guys. I agree that the ATT passport is gonna do good and in fact I bet they move more Classics/Passports through ATT, then any other outlet and at a pace not seen yet. This is good news. I just hope the accessory part turns out ok.
    01-08-15 02:20 AM
    I certainly hope it does well but the device was released months ago.

Hopefully you are correct.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-08-15 03:26 AM
    I hope the at&t one does well. It's still a Passport, guys.

How infuriating would it be if BlackBerry made the leather holster compatible only with the rounded corner Passport and priced it at $49.99 though?! Then we'd have real chaos around here

Posted via CB10
    LOL!!!!!!!!

Clicked & Flicked from my beastly white BlackBerry Passport OS 10.3.0.1418
    01-08-15 03:54 AM
    It was released a time ago but the Classic was not and BOTH were never released by a big carrier let alone the biggest in America. Was it available? Yes. But I'd venture a guess that the majority of Americans still aren't in tuned to buying unlocked phones. Most of America are still carrier/provider dependent. Now that the states have their biggest carrier giving them BOTH in a fashion theyre used to big things could happen. But will both hope for the best. cheers
    01-08-15 04:17 AM
    They know people love their accessories so I am hopeful that there will be cases the same time the phone comes out
    01-08-15 08:11 AM
    They gotta have them. Blackberry pretty much invented the after market phone case market. Just curious what the take is gonna be. Only ATT make them? Or official BB support?
    01-09-15 02:19 AM
    I certainly hope it does well but the device was released months ago.

Hopefully you are correct.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    I think the ATT Passport is for the people who didn't know they want one. Not everyone follows tech news, so a majority of people probably doesn't know a device like the Passport even existed. Having it on display and actively advertised by AT&T might make a difference.

Posted via CB10
    tanzarian likes this.
    01-09-15 03:02 AM
    Nothing new. T-Mo had phone models with slightly different dimensions.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    01-09-15 10:38 AM
    My surgeon doctor has no idea about the Passport can show full image of X-Ray. He said his iPhone doesn't show the whole thing like that. I printed all the images showed to him when I visited him a few weeks ago. He is kind of surprise and have no idea what is Passport. I hope AT&T helps BlackBerry with promotion so that the professional people like my doctor know the benefit of using the Passport. Chen is very exciting about AT&T is going to sale Passport and Classic when talking to Fox Business News reporter in Las Vegas.
    01-09-15 10:49 AM
    I thought the biggest US carrier is Verizon.
    01-09-15 10:54 AM
    When Passport launched, a lot of people were upset with the shape and sharp edges. The number of people who were put off by it must be significant enough. Well at least the BlackBerry gives people a choice. I don't mind it personally.

Posted with my super duper BlackBerry Passport.
    01-09-15 10:56 AM
    I don't mind the rounded corners, but if this affects the cases/accessories Ima be a little peeved....

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    01-09-15 11:06 AM
    I hope we get OFFICIAL Blackberry Accessories. If there isn't that's gonna sway me away from it and firmly towards the classic. I hope it doesn't sway away ppl from the passport/blackberry in general but I think it would.
    01-09-15 07:10 PM
    I thought the biggest US carrier is Verizon.
    It is.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 08:47 PM
    Yeah considering its the defacto Doctor phone now. I am sure the world will pop up new accessories for the att version.
    01-09-15 09:36 PM
    ATT is bigger some ways and Verizon others. I wouldn't want to be the ppl/company stuck with CDMA though soon. Verizon service is suppose to be prime, even if you pay more then all the others.
    01-10-15 12:19 AM
    ATT is bigger some ways and Verizon others. I wouldn't want to be the ppl/company stuck with CDMA though soon. Verizon service is suppose to be prime, even if you pay more then all the others.
    In the way that is always listed, number of subscribers, VZW is bigger.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 12:22 AM
    Oh, and I would not use CDMA, though VZ is moving to LTE. Eventually they will all be the same.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 12:23 AM
    In some ways T-Mobile has a legit claim as the biggest in US. It depends on metric you looking at. Numbers isn't always and historically it's been other assets such as coverage area etc. But having had and working with CDMA I'd never use it unless it came to that and or no cell service. The fact Verizon was charging so much for CDMA service all those years. Sheesh. ATT could use some ppl skills tho. Never had a great customer service experience.
    01-10-15 01:17 AM
    I think the ATT Passport is for the people who didn't know they want one. Not everyone follows tech news, so a majority of people probably doesn't know a device like the Passport even existed. Having it on display and actively advertised by AT&T might make a difference.

Posted via CB10
    I had to go to two different stores. Neither had any clue about whether they even had the phone, and neither had them on display even. Get some training people! With all the awesome reviews and what folks are saying, they need to get on the ball.
    03-16-15 06:45 PM
26 12