That is the first clear-ish look we've had at the keyboard and what the row above the keys will look like. He was still stumbling through it though... trying to remember what he could or couldn't talk about. Thanks for posting.
    progguy likes this.
    07-30-14 07:17 AM
    Very sleek, I can't understand why some early previewer call this fat and weird (cf Roger Cheng on CNET)...The phone itself is really well designed and outstanding, sure it is larger than typical iphone-ish phones but not more than a lot of android or windows devices...I am so getting this...september can't come soon enough
    07-30-14 07:20 AM
    Wow very nice!keyboard which is also a touchpad!

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 07:21 AM
    well we waited so long for a demo of the keyboard and for the first presentation it looks like they grabbed the first person in the street and gave him the phone for 5 minutes and then he had to give a resume of his experience...
    He nails it at 1:32 :"I'm making no sense here"
    Yup!
    Agree with what said above, Mr. Chen should give extra attention to whom is allowed to present the phone, it could have been a wowing demo and i think that kind of video can only interest people like us already waiting for the Passport, other people will only see a weird phone without any special capabilities.
    The flip gestures ...really...the guy doesn't even care to demo as in real life, trying to make sense...the trackpad function of the keyboard is the less worse of it but at the end he just kills it with a "Huuuummm...what else is there..."
    Don't be too critical. It's the content that matters.
    07-30-14 07:22 AM
    For all the thing about Passport, the guy showed 2 things, flick words and touch pad on the KB, then he choked. Ridiculous.
    Maybe he choked because he didn't know if he was over stepping his bounds. You guys should all remember that he never said or implied that he was making an official demo. People are over reacting. SMH.
    chalx, neoberry99 and progguy like this.
    07-30-14 07:26 AM
    Don't be too critical. It's the content that matters.
    Happy to see the Passport in action but sincerely he doesn't do it justice.
    Just pointing out the fact Blackberry should give a proper demo of the device, to counterbalance those videos in the wild (and the first we ever saw was made by someone who could share his passion about the device).
    wincyUt and neoberry99 like this.
    07-30-14 07:38 AM
    The video has been yanked down.

Oooooo....someone got in trouble.
    ShevyRock likes this.
    07-30-14 07:58 AM
    I guess it is because the way how he actually presented it...obviously someone realized this is not thee best way...
    07-30-14 08:10 AM
    Have to agree. The guy was a bumbling you know what. Chen really needs to reassess who he's going to let demo this phone.

Posted via CB10
    Chen should pick me to review it. I will put it through its paces.
    07-30-14 08:21 AM
    Jeff Gadway should give us a teaser. He is best in this after Vivek Bharadwaj.

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    07-30-14 08:33 AM
    That was terrible.

Presenter clearly was new to BB10. Active "Tiles"?

He was caught flat footed if you will...

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 08:44 AM
    Article is down.

YouTube video still up though:

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 08:53 AM
    I like this device. But, I am not sure I will be willing to give up my Z30 for it. But, I am not going to assume anything until I actually one in my hands. Thanks for sharing OP!
    07-30-14 09:03 AM
    I like this device. But, I am not sure I will be willing to give up my Z30 for it. But, I am not going to assume anything until I actually one in my hands. Thanks for sharing OP!
    Personally my Z30 is dead because I got a hard utility with my phone, so I hate this Z30 he's not resist as my Q10 then I'll purchase my passport

posted via my Q10SQN100-3/10.3.0.xxx (don't ask)
    07-30-14 09:21 AM
    Heck. Am going to be standing outside BlackBerry store to get the Passport. Insane device. Going to be a whole new approach to the keyboard. Anxious and eager till the limits.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    07-30-14 09:31 AM
    Maybe he choked because he didn't know if he was over stepping his bounds. You guys should all remember that he never said or implied that he was making an official demo. People are over reacting. SMH.
    Yeah, I think this was a case of someone thinking twice, and being cautious/paranoid, before saying something he wasn't supposed to.

That being said, the keyboard functionality looks amazing... I've always been a virtual keyboard user (yes, even the Storms), but this may actually get me to give it a try.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 09:35 AM
    Thanks for sharing this find!

Sure the guy giving a quick tour around the device looked kind of unprepared and I am not sure whether this whole demonstration was meant to be released to the public at all.
    Yet we got another nice look at the Passport and how the keyboard works. I am getting excited more and more, can't wait till it hits the stores.

Double-typed and posted with a BlackBerry Q10.
    07-30-14 09:38 AM
    Yeah, I think this was a case of someone thinking twice, and being cautious/paranoid, before saying something he wasn't supposed to.

That being said, the keyboard functionality looks amazing... I've always been a virtual keyboard user (yes, even the Storms), but this may actually get me to give it a try.

Posted via CB10
    I'm a virtual keyboard guy until I set my eyes on the Passport. I will still keep my Z30 as an alternate and give my Z10 to my kids.
    07-30-14 09:47 AM
    Heck. Am going to be standing outside BlackBerry store to get the Passport. Insane device. Going to be a whole new approach to the keyboard. Anxious and eager till the limits.

Posted via CB10
    I guess you are not alone; I'm hyper anxious to get this phone too.
    07-30-14 09:49 AM
    The video is ok, but not enough to be oh gaga about it. I am looking forward to playing with it however. If its good enough I might give it a go until blackberry delivers an all touch device again.
    07-30-14 09:58 AM
    uses keyboard as track pad is a heck a lot better than the Samsung with eyes scrolling useless; i love it.
    07-30-14 10:44 AM
    I dont need anymore videos. Just sell the darn thing

Posted via CB10
    Heinz Katchup likes this.
    07-30-14 12:09 PM
    talking about the specs; it should've had a USB OTG...
    imcurved likes this.
    07-30-14 12:10 PM
    I couldn't agree more. I get that this was a live on the moment demo but jeez if your going to do it, do it good.
    07-30-14 12:16 PM
    talking about the specs; it should've had a USB OTG...
    We hope

posted via my Q10SQN100-3/10.3.0.xxx (don't ask)
    07-30-14 12:44 PM
70 123