Depends on what it's being used for/the person's use case. Email, text, light browsing, Youtube, etc, why not? No extra apps needed. The more app dependencies, the harder it gets to recommend a BB10 device.

In this case ,the OP has a Passport, so why wouldn't we provide our opinions and say a few things it can be used for?
    His biggest problem is the aspect ratio, that's why I barley even cut mine own anymore. Scrolling pages is very akward. Then he has to worry about the reception issue/no signal
    06-05-19 04:15 PM
    His biggest problem is the aspect ratio, that's why I barley even cut mine own anymore. Scrolling pages is very akward. Then he has to worry about the reception issue/no signal
    What are you talking about?
    06-05-19 04:29 PM
    What are you talking about?
    The phone is wide and you have to center it unlike a normal phone
    06-05-19 04:43 PM
    Well, it's not a problem!
    06-05-19 04:46 PM
    The phone is wide and you have to center it unlike a normal phone
    Not a problem for me in any way. In fact for me it balances better than my Huawei phone.
    06-05-19 04:50 PM
    Not a problem for me in any way. In fact for me it balances better than my Huawei phone.
    When you are scrolling pages or Facebook, it's not centered like a regular phone, you have to move it to the side
    06-05-19 04:59 PM
    When you are scrolling pages or Facebook, it's not centered like a regular phone, you have to move it to the side
    Well, I don't know about FacePlant as I've never used it, but scrolling is fantastic with my right thumb on the capacitive keyboard. I don't have to move anything to any side. P.S - you're holding it wrong, lol.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    06-05-19 05:04 PM
    I can't make heads or tails of this.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-19 05:13 PM
    I can't make heads or tails of this.

Posted via CB10
    You and me both.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-19 05:16 PM
    You and me both.

Posted via CB10
    Everyone knows the aspect ratio on the Passport is awkward, that may not be an issue for you but for someone coming from an S8 it's going to be problematic. People pretending like that's not an issue is strange.
    06-05-19 05:19 PM
    Everyone knows the aspect ratio on the Passport is awkward, that may not be an issue for you but for someone coming from an S8 it's going to be problematic. People pretending like that's not an issue is strange.
    K .......................... but I prefer the width when reading almost anything so I LIKE the aspect ratio and the display in general. I will say that if I were the OP, I would not get rid of the S8 because of the app reason I have already mentioned and the display on the S8 is vastly better for watching video (which, again, I rarely do on a phone).
    06-05-19 05:30 PM

In this case ,the OP has a Passport, so why wouldn't we provide our opinions and say a few things it can be used for?
    Thank you mh1983.

I found an apk for Scout Alarm. Hope it works. Probably will because they do not want to prevent anyone using their alarm over an android version.

Opera has the text wrap feature I like.
    06-05-19 05:55 PM
    Thank you mh1983.

I found an apk for Scout Alarm. Hope it works. Probably will because they do not want to prevent anyone using their alarm over an android version.

Opera has the text wrap feature I like.
    Hope it works out -- let us know and enjoy the Passport! Ignore naysayers.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-19 07:40 PM
    Just got my passport and downloaded Scout Alarm app and an older version of Opera.

I can maybe start liking this thing.

Why do I have to be forced to use an OS just because I don't want am use to it and I know all of the ways to navigate around it?

What if there were never a Android and for the past 10 years I was using Blackberry OS. Would everyone say stay away from Android because it's different?

Anyway, so far so good.

Hey why does it take days for my posts to show up here?
    06-05-19 09:25 PM
    What if there were never a Android and for the past 10 years I was using Blackberry OS. Would everyone say stay away from Android because it's different?
    If frogs had wings, they wouldn't bump there booties.

Hey why does it take days for my posts to show up here?
    Maybe hours. You're new. Hope you enjoy the place, and aren't new for long. Once you wore your new off, it is pretty rare a post goes into moderation for approval. Does happen on occasion though. Please be patient. We appreciate it.
    06-05-19 11:10 PM
    The aspect ratio was always one of the passports selling points and in my experience (yes I do have a Passport) I have to agree, the only thing it isn't great for is viewing videos

Posted via CB10 using my P'9982 running 10.3.3.3216
    06-06-19 04:24 AM
    Depends on what it's being used for/the person's use case. Email, text, light browsing, Youtube, etc, why not? No extra apps needed. The more app dependencies, the harder it gets to recommend a BB10 device.

This very much seems to be the right track.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-19 06:02 AM
    There are other more current PKB devices from BBMo with the more traditional and better selling form PKB of the Bold, and Classic styles.
    Exactly
    bansheeboyz likes this.
    06-06-19 07:15 AM
    Pkb, form factor, blackberry hub, less distractions, or search the forums yourself, why people tend to go back

Cheers!
    (from my SE)

Posted via CB10
    Key2 has all of the above and is a faster and far superior form. I owned the passport and I loved it at the time..in 2014..now it's old, slow..great paper weight though
    06-06-19 07:16 AM
    "Better selling" - that Pkb had a good ten years or more before the PP style has been introduced and been produced for like what? A year? I don't think that data is comparable.
    You've missed the point anyway. It was about that people find themselves various reasons for returning or buying a passport in 2019. Or buying a Nokia 6300. Or anything else. Me? I was just curious, wanting to know what was all the fuss about, and I quite liked the experience. Still, my true daily is the Classic, although I find myself using the passport more and more. I love the key2s look and I could use one, but the android... I'm sorry but I hate it so much.

Posted via CB10
    The point is that Key2 is the closest you’ll get to Passport form. The BBAndroid is something you either accept or move to iOS and no PKB device. The Passport unfortunately is a relic of a bygone era. I own all the BB10 hardware versions made. Enjoy what’s left but we all have to move on sooner or later.

BTW, the Passport and the Classic were introduced roughly same time frame. The Classic way outsold the Passport simply because carriers and retailers had the sales data to forecast demand. The Passport isn’t so much a better device as much as it’s different looking and that hurt it more than it helped with prospective consumers and enterprise.
    06-06-19 07:25 AM
    The passport is awesome!! BB10 is great and fast! I have some android apps like Google maps, Google Play Music, Google earth, The Google Play Store, Tumbler, Player for Youtube etc installed in the Passport and so far they work great!
    anon(5597702), mikael11 and otaku2 like this.
    06-06-19 07:03 PM
    You and me both.

Posted via CB10
    Add me too! 😜

Send by PassPort Silver Edition
    otaku2 likes this.
    06-09-19 12:06 AM
    No. You will be disappointed. As it lacks even basic apps support. Nothing you find in bb world. Amazon app store too have few apps. Android/3rd party apps lag in this and make your phone slow. Native app support is below par level. If you want to use it for.......... what???? Calls, texts.. It is fine. For calls and texts a simple Nokia phone like 100 series is better than. It is an old tech with no OS and App store support. Users always beating around the bushes to find even basic apps apk files like Facebook, Messenger, Twitter etc. These apps don't work loaded from Google Play Store. It is just a compromise after spending money. You thump yourself by different feeble arguments.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-19 09:18 PM
    If you have a Galaxy S8+ (even S8), I would highly recommend this over the Passport and you'll save yourself some money and not have to double carry.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XJ5XMPB...UvbUpU13443374

As of right now, there are 26 units left in stock.
    I just got an S8 to go with my keyboard case (yes I bought the phone for the case, not the other way around lol) and while it's nowhere near as good as any BlackBerry keyboard (including the priv), it's much better than nothing and better than having to carry around a Passport.
    Just checked amazon.com and they have sold out! However, as of this writing there are still 2 new copies available here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Gal...UvbUpU13443374

But the price?? £49.82!!!

More expensive than a decent Classic which has a superior keyboard anyway....
    09-12-19 10:53 AM
49 12