If it's not humanely noticeable under no conditions, than to say it has no lag is quite appropriate.. we make assertions like that every day

Check Out TechCraze
    If you use a 1 or 2 year old android, and a Iphone, you can easly tell the difference... The android has something like a rubber band effect. I know the difference might look negligible, but when I pick a Iphone, or a windows phone, the first impressions is they are snappier, things slide under your fingers, not behind them
    09-02-14 07:40 PM
    Indeed, even the just-revealed Samsung Galaxy Note 4 had TERRIBLE lag in the demo. Samsung's TouchWiz stuff seems to add significant lag on top of Android's small-but-noticeable builtin lag.
    09-03-14 11:21 AM

You have, everybody has, every OS has, it's impossible to have no lag, but ones have more than the others, and BB10 and Android have more than iOS and WP8. watch the video I posted, and bare in mind, that video is in SLOW MOTION so that you can see the lag easier

If you want to clearly see the lag, open a website, put your finger over 1 word, then slide/scroll your finger up and down quickly... If you're able to see the word that was under your finger, you have lag, wich you will have 100% guaranteed, if there was no lag, you would never be able to see the word.
    The only lag that really disappoints me is with Android apps on BB10. The rest is pretty fine in my book. Yes, iOS and WP are a tad smoother but come with other tradeoffs. And the fact that you even needed to prove the BB10 lag through a slo mo (!) video to other BB10 users (!) show how much of nitpicking this is.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 01:29 AM
    The only lag that really disappoints me is with Android apps on BB10. The rest is pretty fine in my book. Yes, iOS and WP are a tad smoother but come with other tradeoffs. And the fact that you even needed to prove the BB10 lag through a slo mo (!) video to other BB10 users (!) show how much of nitpicking this is.

Posted via CB10
    My god you get so many stuff wrong... let's try to get things straight again

I don't think iOS and Android are any smoother, they are just quicker to react to your imputs

That's not a BB10 video throught slow motion, it's an Android and iOS. The fact that's in slow motion, is just a much easier way to understand what I was on, and that lower latency makes the OS operation feel better and more responsive. I'm not the first one pointing out, It has been pointed out for the past years in the Android vs iOS wars. I expect after half a decade the latency to go away

It's like using a SSD drive compared to a HD, it might look like it doesn't make a difference in practise, but using a PC with an SSD feels better and more responsive.

80%% of the time you use the phone, you're sliding your finger in it, so decresing the latency of response is a much better argument than wanting a better processor, more megapixels, more ppi, that you use only so often.
    09-04-14 08:04 PM
    Going to be great having my hands on one of these pretty soon !
    09-04-14 10:39 PM
    good video, excellent size
    09-05-14 01:39 AM
    My god you get so many stuff wrong... let's try to get things straight again

I don't think iOS and Android are any smoother, they are just quicker to react to your imputs

That's not a BB10 video throught slow motion, it's an Android and iOS. The fact that's in slow motion, is just a much easier way to understand what I was on, and that lower latency makes the OS operation feel better and more responsive. I'm not the first one pointing out, It has been pointed out for the past years in the Android vs iOS wars. I expect after half a decade the latency to go away

It's like using a SSD drive compared to a HD, it might look like it doesn't make a difference in practise, but using a PC with an SSD feels better and more responsive.

80%% of the time you use the phone, you're sliding your finger in it, so decresing the latency of response is a much better argument than wanting a better processor, more megapixels, more ppi, that you use only so often.
    ....wut? It's clearly NOT like SSD vs HDD. An SSD is different physical technology and leaps and bounds faster, that has nothing to do with a "better feel". I'd appreciate it if BB10 would be going to be as smooth and responsive as iOS and WP, but my point is that it's that marginally that it's a non issue for me.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 01:41 AM
    ....wut? It's clearly NOT like SSD vs HDD. An SSD is different physical technology and leaps and bounds faster, that has nothing to do with a "better feel". I'd appreciate it if BB10 would be going to be as smooth and responsive as iOS and WP, but my point is that it's that marginally that it's a non issue for me.

Posted via CB10
    That's the proof that you still didn't got to the point and you can't realy tell what I'm on about... Of course it is about the feel. When you have an SSD, things are a lot more instantaneous. In a PC with SSD, you open a browser or other light software and it has that instant reaction, because SSD's not only are quicker, but the biggest advantage is the "Access time". The same with an Iphone compared to a Android, they just feel more imediate when you touch or swipe on things, and I wouldn't mind in a entry device, but it's kind of anoying in a premium device that costs 600 or 700$

You can call marginal difference, but in that video it seems that Android takes twice or more the time to react to the imput....

If you had a good costom desktop computer you'll know what I'm talking about. Monitor response time, or mouse "polling rate" are important factors for many people in the PC industry, especialy gammers, and we are talking about latencys that are 10x less than the latency seen on this phones. Latencys are there and people notice it right away.

I think that improving the phone's response is a much more noticeable improvement that adding a processor with a bunch of cores and speed that spend most of the time doing nothing
    09-05-14 06:03 PM
33 12