OK, so the security wipe was still going. Stuck at 98%. Taking this long to do this seems to be an issue. So now I am supposed to send it back, on, while its doing the wipe.

Probably not going to get another. Sadly, this has not been the best of experiences.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-30-16 10:10 AM
    OK, so the security wipe was still going. Stuck at 98%. Taking this long to do this seems to be an issue. So now I am supposed to send it back, on, while its doing the wipe.

Probably not going to get another. Sadly, this has not been the best of experiences.

A security wipe is NOT what I would have done. I would attach it to your PC, run Blackberry Link and reload your device via Factory Reset. Sorry you are having all this hassle, I don't blame you for getting rid of it. Very frustrating! Just realize they are not all duds. Good luck to you from now on--maybe stick with your Nexus.

edit: forgot to mention to make sure you turn off Blackberry Protect and remove it from your BBid before you send it back.
    05-30-16 10:23 AM
    A security wipe is NOT what I would have done. I would attach it to your PC, run Blackberry Link and reload your device via Factory Reset. Sorry you are having all this hassle, I don't blame you for getting rid of it. Very frustrating! Just realize they are not all duds. Good luck to you from now on--maybe stick with your Nexus.

edit: forgot to mention to make sure you turn off Blackberry Protect and remove it from your BBid before you send it back.
    I probably will stick with the Nexus, but I was really digging the form of the SE. Brought back some good memories, which I relive time to time with the Q10.

With the security wipe, I called tech support and they told me to do the reload. Interesting that the security wipe didn't do it, and hung. Not what I was expecting.

05-30-16 12:42 PM
    I probably will stick with the Nexus, but I was really digging the form of the SE. Brought back some good memories, which I relive time to time with the Q10.

With the security wipe, I called tech support and they told me to do the reload. Interesting that the security wipe didn't do it, and hung. Not what I was expecting.

Yeah that security wipe is just a piece of BB garbage IMHO. The only use for it that I can see is if someone does not have a PC or Mac to do the Factory Restore. If you do a search on CB, you will find countless hassles with the security wipe feature. Many people have wasted countless hours using this stupid software. OK rant over! Anyway, again, sorry it didn't work out. Use whatever device makes you happy.
    05-30-16 12:50 PM
29 12