I mainly write about audio gear but after getting my new Passport a few weeks back I had to write a review to let people know what it's really like to us ae BlackBerry. Hopefully this will help to dispel some wome of the misconceptions people have.

Blackberry Passport Review - Qwerty Perfected ? AudiophileON

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 02:10 PM
    Now that is what I call a review. Nice!

Posted via CB10
    Trauma Surgeon and NYTOC83 like this.
    05-11-15 02:31 PM
    If only reviewers knows how to write a review like that BlackBerry wouldn't be in trouble today.
    NYTOC83 likes this.
    05-11-15 03:09 PM
    And the dopes that run marketing for BBerry.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 03:10 PM
    What a coincidence I'm just looking for a pair of new headphones. Think I'll go with the Oppo PM-2. Because I like the comprehensive in-depth review. I bookmarked your page for further info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NYTOC83 likes this.
    05-11-15 04:56 PM
    Nice review!

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    05-11-15 05:01 PM
    Haha thanks for the kind words guys. I'll be making a regular feature of the blackberry posts on the site as well as some youtube videos to help the community out. Hopefully once a week I'll work hard on getting something due to the response from this being so positive.

Posted via CB10
    cbosdell likes this.
    05-11-15 08:14 PM
    Wow, nicely done. Written from your experience is what I liked. Not, this device doesn't do what another does. Simply, this is what I need it to do, this is what I did and this is how it performed. These are the type of reviews I look for and base my decisions. I look forwArd to reading more of your reviews.
    05-11-15 09:20 PM
    OP, it's one of the best review I have ever read, and it truly reveals how passport is capable of. The article pointed out exactly same advantages as I am experiencing, and I was a former 4s user for years too. Now, I can't picture myself using any other platform without hub as my main hand held device. Great work, OP

Posted via CB10
    05-11-15 10:46 PM
    Great review. Thank you for the detail and perspective.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 01:55 AM
    Excellent review indeed!

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 11:50 AM
    Haha cheers guys judging by the response and number of people with a similar experience BlackBerry is not dead and let's hope the company keep on the track they set with new releases.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 01:45 PM
    Great review. I have had Big Red for 3 months now and am truly amazed at how well it functions on a daily basis. I work for an engineering firm and am currently out of the office for 4 months. It is my "back pocket" laptop. I get loads of emails and text messages every day and respond to each and every one. These emails also include pdf files, excel spreadsheets, other documents, photos, etc. The Passport could be my last smartphone for a very long time.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 04:08 PM
    Great job! Writing articles and papers is a unique experience on the Passport, as is multitasking, like watching TV in the background as you write!
    05-12-15 04:30 PM
    Well written review! I'll be found at your blog again, no doubt! I'm really looking forward to your photo editing blog...

I'm a big dude living in a big world. I need a big phone! Posted via my amazingly correctly sized Passport!
    05-12-15 05:12 PM
    Does anyone else feel that they can't write well on the Passport? No matter what, my brain just functions better when I'm seated in front of a computer or at a desk with pencil in hand.

I don't write coherently when using a mobile device.

Yes, I can type more and far easier with the Passport than with any other handset, but I'll never be able to write reports or anything of substance with a smartphone.

Anyone else share the same problem?

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    andy957 likes this.
    05-12-15 05:28 PM
    Just got the passport yesterday, this review does justice to blackberry. Definitely book marked and look forward to future articles. Great job

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 05:36 PM
    Does anyone else feel that they can't write well on the Passport? No matter what, my brain just functions better when I'm seated in front of a computer or at a desk with pencil in hand.
    Same here... and I can't write well on any other phone/tablet either.

Part of my writing includes seeing multiple tabs and windows. I don't need to read them, but just seeing them is like a mental note of "oh hey, I was just looking at that and wanted to write about it as well". And then I want to play freecell while thinking (not thinking) about the paper I'm writing and then when my mind is properly blank, I go back to writing.

But the passport might not be the best in my book, but the other options are just worst. It doesn't make it the best because for me to consider something "best", I have to actually be happy using it, and I'm not happy typing on a phone. But it is just better than the competition which isn't really saying much to me. It's like which one is faster, a rock or a lump of mud. They both suck, the rock just has a better form to roll with but it doesn't make it any good at rolling.
    andy957 likes this.
    05-12-15 05:52 PM
    Great review. But as an Audiophile page, have you found wired earphones that work with the BBP
    05-12-15 10:34 PM
    Sure David I started writing the review of the passport as an audio device last night. Will be travelling to High End expo in Germany tomorrow and hoping to test it out on a range of new devices DAC's, Amps etc to see what works and what doesn't. In the article i will put a whole bunch of earphone and headphone recommendations as well as testing the mics call quality that I think many will be interested in.

Just as a point on the audio quality even out the headphone out the passport produces a wonderful clean signal with just a touch of cross talk that is to be expected. If sound quality out a portable device is a priority to you the you will be happy to know that paired with the right headphones it's more than a match for some of the so called audiophile caps on the market.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 08:18 AM
    I use the Sennheiser Momentum with my Passport and i just love it! By the way, nice review!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 09:11 AM
    I liked the review.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 10:43 AM
    Great review, not because it was positive, but because it was honest. The passport is for a niche market and that's what the author highlighted!
    schlemer likes this.
    05-13-15 02:11 PM
    Shame that BlackBerry lost plot with PlayBook. Yes PlayBook. They should have said are market is the BlackBerry phone user. If you do not have a BlackBerry phone, then get another tablet!

I think this "confusion of purpose" has been at the core of their problems since 2010. Just as now, we make efficient communications devices for busy people. Not to play games. Not for Netflix.

But to get **** done quickly.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 02:19 PM
    I can only agree with the comment on the Playbook. If blackberry came out with a 7 or 10 inch model now with bb10 and a surface like keyword i would be all over that.
    miker476 likes this.
    05-25-15 10:24 AM