Congratulations to those of you who have been able to get your hands on the BlackBerry Passport! I'm a Verizon subscriber and it looks like I will not have the pleasure of owning the device.

Just curious: If you have taken your new beast of a device into the wild, how has the general public reacted to seeing the device? Is it a conversation starter? What do people think it is? How much attention have you received? I know it is early and the release has been limited, but I am just curious. Thanks for responding!

[URL = "bbmc:C0018C14B"] Join She, Me, Her: I am Woman[/URL] Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z30
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-26-14 03:37 PM
    Quite mixed.
    Some people like wow awesome looks great.
    Some people laugh and say u look daft using that phone but mainly hearing the BlackBerry name makes it worse for some reason. To them i say have fun changing shapes with your iPhone 6's

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 03:47 PM
    As an experiment, try telling them it's an HTC or LG or something and see what they say.
    09-26-14 04:18 PM
    When I showed the pictures to my wife, she liked it (she is using an iPhone 5). When my daughter saw the Passport in my hands, she wanted one! Good for BlackBerry, bad for my budget

Posted via CB10 using an awesome Passport
    09-26-14 04:33 PM
    I was in the Apple Store today taking my iPhone 6 back for refund and I was answering an email on my new passport and a small crowd gathered around me asking what device was. When I told them it was the new BlackBerry passport. I heard their jaws drop and hit the floor.

I just smiled and answered their questions and how to get the device, where it was available and after all that, the real good part was when I told them it was sold out and they would have to wait to get one.

Sent from my awesome passport on T Mobile USA
    09-26-14 04:43 PM
    ...but mainly hearing the BlackBerry name makes it worse for some reason...
    It would be very interesting to cover up any Blackberry identification and take it on the street and tell people it's an Apple prototype and see what the reaction would be?
    09-26-14 04:44 PM
    I was in the Apple Store today taking my iPhone 6 back for refund and I was answering an email on my new passport and a small crowd gathered around me asking what device was. When I told them it was the new BlackBerry passport. I heard their jaws drop and hit the floor.

I just smiled and answered their questions and how to get the device, where it was available and after all that, the real good part was when I told them it was sold out and they would have to wait to get one.

Nice one

Posted via my Z30
    09-26-14 04:47 PM
    Yeah how many passport owner wanna do an experiment of the nature? Cover up BlackBerry identification and tell people it's a new Apple prototype of next Gen device...then listen to reactions.

I feel a video would be amazingly going out of its way to document this

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    EsJayDee, mjdimer, bakron1 and 1 others like this.
    09-26-14 04:49 PM
    Collage of reactions would make for a good commercial.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 04:54 PM

I'm so jealous! I hope I'll get one soon!

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 05:01 PM
    It would be very interesting to cover up any Blackberry identification and take it on the street and tell people it's an Apple prototype and see what the reaction would be?
    Never thought of that.
    I'll do that next time.
    Good sign is my wife loves it...she thought was ugly in pics but when i bought it and she saw it she wants one now lol

Other comments are like does it fit in jeans...
    Are you going to carry a man bag to hold that phone...
    Wow looks so futuristic!!!
    Looks soo cool

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 05:06 PM
    I saw one today at a Telus store and while I'm quite familiar with pictures of how it looks and I know how big an actual passport is I have to admit it looked really big. About twice as wide as I thought like a mini laptop almost. My first thought was wow I'd like one for the house but I don't know about carrying one around... granted I'm use to smaller phones and all the samsungs etc seen big but this looked huge, although if I had one I'm sure I'd soon get use to the size.
    I like to think of my Q5 as a passport mini
    Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-26-14 05:15 PM
    I saw one today at a Telus store and while I'm quite familiar with pictures of how it looks and I know how big an actual passport is I have to admit it looked really big. About twice as wide as I thought like a mini laptop almost. My first thought was wow I'd like one for the house but I don't know about carrying one around... granted I'm use to smaller phones and all the samsungs etc seen big but this looked huge, although if I had one I'm sure I'd soon get use to the size.
    I like to think of my Q5 as a passport mini
    Posted via CB10
    After only a day using it and I already love the device, now when I look at my old iPhone 5s, I just laugh.

AYC2112 and rawat_sandip like this.
    09-26-14 06:00 PM
    After only a day using it and I already love the device, now when I look at my old iPhone 5s, I just laugh.
    I hesitate to bring up this over used term but would you consider it a laptop replacement for general purpose usage? Just with the big screen track pad and keyboard I would think its got to be pretty close for moderate laptop use anyways.
    09-26-14 06:19 PM
    Nice! Did the Apple salesperson comment on your Passport?

[URL = "bbmc:C0018C14B"] Join She, Me, Her: I am Woman[/URL] Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z30
    09-26-14 06:40 PM
    Yeah how many passport owner wanna do an experiment of the nature? Cover up BlackBerry identification and tell people it's a new Apple prototype of next Gen device...then listen to reactions.

I feel a video would be amazingly going out of its way to document this

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    I'd love to see a video like this. Who is up to the challenge?!

09-26-14 06:42 PM

Thank you for sharing that. I enjoy hearing about your passion for your devices.

white Z30 STA100-5
    09-26-14 07:07 PM
    Hard to believe that happened at a apple store. Hard to believe.

Blackberry Z30
    StormieTwo likes this.
    09-26-14 07:10 PM
    Positive so far,Even the AT&T rep that got me the new sim card said" oh the passport in real life can I see it?" he had it so long I had to ask for it back.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 07:12 PM
    I love this phone, 16 hours being off the charger with heavy use still have 24% battery

Posted via CB10
    JGoodard likes this.
    09-26-14 07:13 PM
    Hummina hummina hummina....I want one bad. Glad I'm with AT&T....sorry no one there has a clue. when When WHEN??
    09-26-14 07:30 PM
    I haven't been out much yet but the AT&T rep thought it was the new Porsche Design phone. He'd never heard of the Passport and also had no idea that BB can run Android apps. He scoffed at how wide it was and said "everyone who buys BlackBerrys returns them." But after messing with it for a while he did at least admit that the keyboard felt good.

The other encounter was with one of my employees who barely speaks english, but he was able to say to me, "Oooh is that the new BlackBerry? That's fancy!"
    09-26-14 07:53 PM
    Mixed bag. Pretty much everyone I know uses iPhone. A few coworkers thought it was pretty sweet, but not enough to buy one.

Another coworker decided to pretend to talk on it then proceeded to drop it onto concrete...

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 07:59 PM
    Another coworker decided to pretend to talk on it then proceeded to drop it onto concrete...
    With a joke like that, I'd add a new "punch line"...
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    09-26-14 08:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    That would have made me furious if someone did that with my brand new device. How did it fare?

white Z30 STA100-5
    Last edited by itsachickthing; 09-26-14 at 08:23 PM.
    09-26-14 08:03 PM
39 12