Hey guys

I've just gotten my hands on a black Passport So happy

One question...how do you guys hold it while you type?
    If I hold it with my left pinky on the bottom, it seems to interfere with my typing as I'm using to typing in a z30.

The Z30 touch screen keyboard is much larger than the passport in terms of height so I want some help/inputs

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 01:02 AM
    Keep it as you like you will learn to type faster with time. This is why I like BlackBerry because you enjoy the experience with time, which is not like iPhone that is very simple.

Passport
    12-05-14 01:20 AM
    I hold it with both hands, it's definitely a two handed phone. When I first got mine, it seemed a little low compared to using my Q10 and Z30, but after a week or two, you'll get used to it.

My advice is to be typing on it as much as possible for a few days, to really start getting used to it. If you don't use your phone much, you might not get used to it for a while, and it will seem like it's not the right phone for you.

I've had a Passport since September 25, and now I'm totally used to the symbols being on screen, and swiping down the keyboard in order to access the symbols quickly as I'm typing.
    geekaren and thedose like this.
    12-05-14 02:43 AM
    I also hold my passport with two hands and type with my trusty "BlackBerry Thumbs". The passport is a large wide device, but I have big paws, so I have adapted quite well.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    12-05-14 03:28 AM
    While I type using both thumbs, I only use one hand for most other actions. There are only a few times that I actually use two hands for anything other than typing. But back to the keyboard. It took me a couple of days to get the hang of it. I hit the b key a lot instead of the space bar. Hardly ever happens now. My accuracy is now excellent on the device and while I will never be a speed typist, I'm no longer plodding along with my typing. I think that a lot of it has to do with the device learning my typing style and language composition. The predictions the keyboard makes are excellent and it has helped me tremendously. Hope the learning curve isn't too bad for you. Have fun. It's a super device.

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    12-05-14 03:46 AM
    I also use both hands and "Blackberry Thumb" it.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 06:55 AM
    When I started to see videos and reviews of Passport, I was bit afraid of size! Now since I own it this is the most loving thing!

Size
    Battery life
    Touch keyboard
    Beautifully crafted

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 07:05 AM
    The passport is most def a two handed phone unless you're a freak of nature and you have very large hands

despite that, i'm getting used to the new keyboard word flick...i'm so over the moon about the keyboard innovation in the passport
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    12-05-14 07:10 AM
    If you hold it sideways you can type on all keys, one hand, one thumb lol. Just don't drop it
    j21jam6 likes this.
    12-05-14 08:34 AM
    Keep it as you like you will learn to type faster with time. This is why I like BlackBerry because you enjoy the experience with time, which is not like iPhone that is very simple.
    Passport
    lol
    12-05-14 08:38 AM
    I am two days in and the typing is tough...I am slowly getting the hang of it but will take time. There is definitely a learning curve for sure...

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 08:59 AM
    Hey, I also just received my passport today from amazon! Yipee

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    12-05-14 07:40 PM
    I don't think you can work with using only one hand, as others saying 'Use it with both hands!' Congrats on your new BlackBerry Passport!

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 08:08 PM
    Two fingers underneath to cradle it. Two thumbs to type. No way you could one hand it.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    geekaren likes this.
    12-06-14 12:41 AM
    Two fingers underneath to cradle it. Two thumbs to type. No way you could one hand it.

Same method I use

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    12-06-14 04:26 AM
    Typing is getting easier...having issues with the camera...any advice for the settings?

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 10:52 AM
    Typing is getting easier...having issues with the camera...any advice for the settings?

Posted via CB10
    could you be more specific?
    12-06-14 10:55 AM

This is the most surprising thing about the passport. I was under the impression that one-hand use was not possible. The size in fact underwhelmed me. I'm able to type with one hand, reaching the furthest keys by tilting the device sideways as It rests on the upper third of my pinky. I wouldn't say that I'm comfortable doing it all the time in any environment. Dropping it is the last thing I want. But one-handed use is possible. By the way my hands aren't that big. For reference sake, I was never able to palm a basketball.

Posted two-handed via Passport
    12-06-14 11:46 AM
    Thedose...I figured out the camera issue...yellowish pictures...the clear sticker was still covering the lens. My 12 year old daughter figured it out! ooh fa! Haha!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 01:08 PM
    This is the most surprising thing about the passport. I was under the impression that one-hand use was not possible. The size in fact underwhelmed me. I'm able to type with one hand, reaching the furthest keys by tilting the device sideways as It rests on the upper third of my pinky. I wouldn't say that I'm comfortable doing it all the time in any environment. Dropping it is the last thing I want. But one-handed use is possible. By the way my hands aren't that big. For reference sake, I was never able to palm a basketball.

Yeah I guess there's always a way. Where there's a will...

12-06-14 01:14 PM
    Yeah I guess there's always a way. Where there's a will...

True, true

12-06-14 05:34 PM
    After a while it won't matter, you'll get used to it. As
    What helped me when first getting used to the keyboard was to hold the device with BOTH my thumbs on the T and Y keys to get my grip right, and then practice typing using a notepad app or a typing app.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 07:44 PM
    Just got my passport and I love it so much! It's so much faster than my Z30. It's just bad ***!

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 08:37 PM
    Practice makes perfect lol eventually that pinky won't feel like it's in your way.

What is that?! That my friend is my BlackBerry Passport.
    12-06-14 08:56 PM
    I can type one-handed, but obviously two hands are faster. Three fingers on back, my pinky under the spacebar for support, and I type with my thumb.

It doesn't seem unnatural to use one hand; my biggest fear is dropping it if I had to type one-handed for prolonged periods of time.

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    12-06-14 10:28 PM
28 12