04-19-15 08:34 PM
35 12
tools
    Hello forum, new member from Houston, TX joining with a new passport that arrived today. Also completely new to Blackberry, coming from Android and have used S3, S4, and S5. So far everything is working great, got the basics set up and working. What I'm interested in hearing more about though is the tips, tricks, must-haves, must-dos, don'ts, etc. that many of you know about having far more experience in the Blackberry world than myself.

One thing I can think of off the top of my head is regarding Uber. Not on BB or Amazon store. I'm assuming you guys can grab it via Google store, would just like to hear more about the process.

I've watched multiple YouTube videos and read a few intro/guide topics thus far, but something tells me there's more to know! Anything will be helpful and appreciated, thanks.
    Welcome! Go slow, is all I would say. Once you get it you'll wonder what you ever did without it.

It's the greatest tool out there but if you try and do too much without a firm grasp of all the fantastic productivity tools built in you may get frustrated.

Posted via CB10
    arthurHOU likes this.
    02-19-15 12:42 AM
    One thing that just now came to mind this morning. Is there some task manager type app that any of you recommend or some function built in within the phone itself / just a strategy in general to manage tasks (like task manager on Windows). I ask just because I tend to launch a lot of things but would also like to remain efficient with the battery.
    02-19-15 08:43 AM
    One thing that just now came to mind this morning. Is there some task manager type app that any of you recommend or some function built in within the phone itself / just a strategy in general to manage tasks (like task manager on Windows). I ask just because I tend to launch a lot of things but would also like to remain efficient with the battery.
    Device Monitor. Should be in the drop down menu, else go to settings.

Posted via CB10
    arthurHOU likes this.
    02-19-15 09:26 AM
    Looks like I should hold off on update based on what I'm reading!
    02-19-15 11:19 PM
    Update works fine.

Great tips in this post.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 03:17 PM
    Hi all,

Just got my passport yesterday and it's amazing... one thing though, can't seem to get my uber to work, it keeps crashing whenever I sign in. Is there a fix for this?

Sutha.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 07:14 PM
    Hi all,

Just got my passport yesterday and it's amazing... one thing though, can't seem to get my uber to work, it keeps crashing whenever I sign in. Is there a fix for this?

Sutha.

Posted via CB10
    How are you accessing Uber? Through the browser or did you download the Android app?
    04-19-15 07:20 PM
    I downloaded it from snap... It originally could not launch and I subsequently patched it using lucky patcher... that enabled to me to access the login page but when I sign in it jux crashes...

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 08:12 PM
    I downloaded it from snap... It originally could not launch and I subsequently patched it using lucky patcher... that enabled to me to access the login page but when I sign in it jux crashes...
    I'm not familiar with Lucky Patcher. Rather than trying to patch, perhaps you should uninstall the app, restart your phone and reinstall. Sometimes that can fix a problem like this, due to some corrputed file(s).

In the meantime you can use the BB Browser for Uber, and then mark it as a favorite (bookmark it), as since it uses HTML5 it works quite well.
    04-19-15 08:22 PM
    Hello forum, new member from Houston, TX joining with a new passport that arrived today. Also completely new to Blackberry, coming from Android and have used S3, S4, and S5. So far everything is working great, got the basics set up and working. What I'm interested in hearing more about though is the tips, tricks, must-haves, must-dos, don'ts, etc. that many of you know about having far more experience in the Blackberry world than myself.

One thing I can think of off the top of my head is regarding Uber. Not on BB or Amazon store. I'm assuming you guys can grab it via Google store, would just like to hear more about the process.

I've watched multiple YouTube videos and read a few intro/guide topics thus far, but something tells me there's more to know! Anything will be helpful and appreciated, thanks.
    Hey OP, coming from S5, how do you think of Passport after a two months? And does S6 look tempting to you?

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    04-19-15 08:34 PM
35 12