04-22-15 03:48 PM
30 12
tools
    This my very first blackberry

I have been a long time apple user but decided for my next phone I would change as frankly I'm bored of apple.

I decided to get a passport after never even owning a blackberry before and I have to say why are blackberry so nice the new os is amazing so fluid and so nice to use.

I'm so glad i decided to try a blackberry I love my passport so much.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 04:16 AM
    What iPhone did you have before? How do you find the photos quality?
    04-21-15 04:20 AM
    I've had every iPhone since the 3 my last was 5s I find the passport photos very nice not as good as the 5s but that does not bother me as I don't take a lot of pictures.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 04:25 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry! Glad you enjoy your Passport

 = ♥
    hamilgs likes this.
    04-21-15 05:08 AM
    Glad you liked the Passport, welcome to CrackBerry
    04-21-15 05:14 AM

I have been a long time apple user but decided for my next phone I would change as frankly I'm bored of apple.

I decided to get a passport after never even owning a blackberry before and I have to say why are blackberry so nice the new os is amazing so fluid and so nice to use.

Posted via CB10
    Welcome, bro. I have also never ever used and/or own a BlackBerry until I bought the Passport two weeks ago. The phone is truly a beast and a game changer for work. But for playing and entertainment, I'd still prefer Android. I never have Apple stuff, though. A matter of taste and preference, I'd suppose.

04-21-15 05:18 AM
    Good for you for making the switch. It just shows how open minded you are and willing to embrace change for the good.
    04-21-15 06:21 AM
    I'm glad I switched loving the passport more and more

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 06:59 AM
    Welcome to the newly converted! Enjoy!

Q10 (SQN100-3 : 10.3.2.158), Passport (SQW-100 : 10.3.1.1779)
    04-21-15 07:06 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry and enjoy your Passport.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 07:19 AM
    The PP will only get better with age.. something the iPhone is usually not good at. iPhone are great when you buy it but most don't keep getting epiphanies using them.

Black don't crack.
    04-21-15 07:24 AM
    I'm glad I switched loving the passport more and more

Posted via CB10
    It's fantastic that you were willing to leave behind a vast majority of apps to join BlackBerry and love the Passport! Have you started looking into how to install Android apps via Snap or other methods for the ones that aren't in BlackBerry World yet? Just give us a shout if you have any questions!

To BB or not to BB?
    04-21-15 07:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    Pretty interesting to see someone change to a Blackberry after having had an Apple. Usually they switch to Android. Nothng against Android but I think this was your best bet. I say this because you'll be used to using a fairly fluid operating system and having something that pretty much works all the time. The only drawback I see from iPhone users is that they're used to all the apps. I don't demand a lot of apps but that has bothered me in the past when I had a Windows Phone and even they had more apps than Blackberry. Oddly enough I have recently evolved into placing most of my emphasis on form, reliability, speed and fluidity of the OS. The Blackberry is a 10 in all areas and in one area, I rate them as #1 and that is build quality. When iPhone 6 came out, I think they took a big step back in that area. To lite, to thin and to slippery. It just didn't have that solid feel to it any more. First time I picked up the Passport, I knew it was the phone for me. With BB10, I able to get around any missing apps with Internet shortcuts which came out surprisingly well along with pretty nicely rendered web sites. I now have everything I need and anything else is just icing on the cake.
    04-21-15 08:04 AM
    Apps are not everything I have what I need from the amazon store I just love the new 10.3 os it's so fluid I'm loving my passport it's getting better and better the more I use it,but thanks for offering to help.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 08:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    Welcome to the BB crew. I spent a few few years in the "other camp", Android. I've tried most phone OSes and still keep coming back to BB. I know you'll enjoy your Passport more and more, as you get to know more about it.
    04-21-15 08:33 AM
    I, too, returned to Blackberry for the Passport after years on another platform and I want to congratulate you on a wise choice. Now you are an oddball and your phone will be a conversation piece every time you pull it out.

Be sure to check Crackberry and figure out all of the amazing little features of your phone. You are now an ambassador for a brand that needs good ambassadors.

Best,

Charlie V

Posted via CB 10 on my Passport SQW100-1 sporting 10.3.1.2582
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    04-21-15 08:38 AM
    If I could get my friends iPhones to stop trying to send imessages to me, I would have kept my passport. Communist Apple must assimilate your number and never let it go! Currently still working on a solution to get another passport!
    04-21-15 08:39 AM
    If I could get my friends iPhones to stop trying to send imessages to me, I would have kept my passport. Communist Apple must assimilate your number and never let it go! Currently still working on a solution to get another passport!
    I could be wrong here but I think the way to attack your problem is with your own Apple account. Get that to go away and I think it would solve your problem. Just guessing based on the knowledge I have. By the way, it is also a constant source of irritation here at work as well because we now use iPhones and if you don't handle the swapping of phones just right, it is a HUGE headache. Ridiculous. The Blackberrys we had were WAY less trouble. Geesh
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-21-15 09:07 AM
    My niece followed all the instructions she could find when she switched to Android. For most, deregistering her iPhone by SIM and using their website, then telling her iPhone friends to remove her from their contacts and add her as a new contact worked.... except for 6 of her contacts. Nothing would work. She's got back 1 of the 6 now, but that person's child smashed her iPhone and she had to get a new one and manually add the contact list back.

I wish you luck.

To the OP: Welcome to BlackBerry. Hope you enjoy your new toy. I've had mine for 3 weeks and I can't put it down. It's such a good feeling to have a phone that goes all day on a charge with juice to spare at bedtime.

Posted via CB10
    clitrenta likes this.
    04-21-15 09:16 AM
    Welcome to the Blackberry Family, enjoy.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 09:28 AM
    Welcome to the Work-Wide-Family. I Made the change from iPhone5 to Blackberry Passport 4 weeks ago. I did right After getting in touch with BlackBerry 10 with my Business Q10 I am with my Passport for private use. Hello at all :-)
    04-21-15 02:18 PM

Posted via CB10

Welcome to CrackBerry. Interesting that you chose the Passport to be your first BB phone. What made you pick the Passport over any other BB10 device?
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    04-21-15 04:13 PM
    Regarding imessage, I could write a huge post on the pain in the *** that was switching a family member to a Z10. Now all you have to do is go to a website to deregister from imessage. I believe you have to confirm your removal via text. This is new and was a front page post on CB. Apple has several lawsuits coming their way regarding this.

Their business practices have now kept my family away from them. Father on a Z10, sister on a Z30, mom just got an AT&T Passport, and I now use a Passport as my daily phone. If I ever left BB10 it would be for Android. Apple is evil and people continue to pay big bucks for their Z10 spec iPhone 6, but that's a different story!

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 07:40 PM
    I just liked the passport it's something different looks wise and the build quality is amazing so that was what made me choose the passport.

Posted via CB10
    clitrenta likes this.
    04-21-15 08:19 PM
    Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 08:55 PM
30 12