Well my passport arrived and is clearly used. The give away is the Sony Charger!

Phoned Amazon and to be fair they were apologetic. Will post a new one and refunded 10% of the original cost by way of compensation. Thats OK, but would have been far happier with a new one in the first place.

Heres to better luck for version 2!
    02-28-15 07:16 AM
    Sony charger..... lol. How did the rest of the packaging look?

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 07:21 AM
    Please be specific: did you buy it directly off amazon or from a re-seller or marketplace on amazon?

There are so many conspiracy theories going on on Crackberry about so called used or double taped passports so you should be more specific.

To me this sounds like a marketplace purchase of a new or barely used blackberry. Not an official amazon sale of a brand new passport.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 07:22 AM
    I brought it brand new and sold by Amazon. No third party nonsense or warehouse deal, I've been stung with those before.

The packaging was a bit tatty, but figured it had maybe been bashed around in the warehouse.

Inside was sort of OK, looked alright, but somehow not pristine. It was the Sony Charger that was the give away.
    02-28-15 07:40 AM
    Well I bought my BlackBerry Passport brand new & sealed from Amazon, I also got a new charger which was a Sony one, that doesn't necessarily mean the phone was used.
    02-28-15 07:49 AM
    You know, I felt like my Passport purchased from Amazon was used as well. The BlackBerry box was a little worn out on the edges, etc. Although it was sealed with scotch tape it did have the original stickers on the front and back. It boots up with At&t logo even though unlocked but I'm told that is normal for all BlackBerries.

Posted via CB10
    James in York likes this.
    02-28-15 08:02 AM
    No its not normal. I bought. New PP from Amazon and no AT&T logo.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 09:17 AM
    Well my passport arrived and is clearly used. The give away is the Sony Charger!

Phoned Amazon and to be fair they were apologetic. Will post a new one and refunded 10% of the original cost by way of compensation. Thats OK, but would have been far happier with a new one in the first place.

Heres to better luck for version 2!
    Oh James sorry to hear that! I replied to an earlier post of yours about expecting the phone this morning and wanted you to let us know how it went. Well you answered my question. :/

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 09:26 AM
    OP.. would this of been Amazon Uk?

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 09:45 AM
    You know, I felt like my Passport purchased from Amazon was used as well. The BlackBerry box was a little worn out on the edges, etc. Although it was sealed with scotch tape it did have the original stickers on the front and back. It boots up with At&t logo even though unlocked but I'm told that is normal for all BlackBerries.

Posted via CB10
    Does it boot up with the AT&T logo even when it doesn't have a SIM card?

I bought my Passport from Amazon, new, and when I booted it up SIM-free or with a T-Mo SIM, it showed no logo but when I boot it up with a Cricket Wireless SIM (which is an AT&T subsidiary), I get the AT&T branding appearing automatically.

Via CB10 on this beast they call the Passport
    02-28-15 09:58 AM
    Well I bought my BlackBerry Passport brand new & sealed from Amazon, I also got a new charger which was a Sony one, that doesn't necessarily mean the phone was used.
    Why would a Sony charger be included in a supposedly closed, new BlackBerry box? Makes no sense. Sounds as if you got something used. Sorry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    02-28-15 10:16 AM
    With my Cricket sim. No logo if I remove the sim card.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 10:16 AM
    Why would a Sony charger be included in a supposedly closed, new BlackBerry box? Makes no sense. Sounds as if you got something used. Sorry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I have to disagree with you there, my phone box and everything else was fully brand new, the seals were not broken and there was no tape. Not to mention the phone had all the plastic sticky labels on.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    02-28-15 10:39 AM
    OK. I did buy an Amazon warehouse deal. Great price. No AT&T logo, although it did have an AT&T sim. I got a Blackberry charger with mine, The box looked like it had a little wear, but not much.

My own thoughts on new vs used. By getting a warehouse deal, I got a price that put the Passport within the range I was willing to spend. When we get refurbs from any reputable dealer, they have checked the device thoroughly and fixed whatever needs to be fixed. Which means you and I might just be getting a better unit than if we bought brand new. Along with that, Amazon bends over backwards to give stellar customer service in every way, including discounts and returns.

Now, if anyone else needs a Sony charger, I still have one with my Xperia Z Ultra.
    02-28-15 10:46 AM
    This and Qi charging were the reasons I waited for the att PP.
    02-28-15 11:10 AM
    OP.. would this of been Amazon Uk?

Posted via CB10
    It was indeed Amazon UK.
    02-28-15 12:17 PM
    On the plus side, it really is a quality piece of kit.

Am very impressed.
    02-28-15 12:22 PM
    That's just crazy. I've purchased 2 from them, and they were brand new. Amazon is not known for making mistakes like this, and I'm shocked at this story. I almost don't want to believe it, it's just crazy.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 06:17 PM
    I just got a red Passport from Amazon and I think it was used as well.

No Sony charger, but the box was a bit roughed up. Most telling, though, was the double tape to seal the box. I peeled the tape off to see a second layer of tape that was cut (by previous owner?).

Also, seemed weird that the time zone was set for Reykjavik, when my previous Passport didn't come that way.

Will call Amazon about this, because this is out of character.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 06:35 PM
    I think my "new" red Passport from Amazon is used as well. No Sony charger, but the box was a bit banged up, and, most tellingly, there were two layers of tape sealing the box: I peeled off the top layer to see that the first tape had been previously cut, so I definitely wasn't the first to open this box.

The phone had the stickers on it but seemed like they could have been reapplied. And the time zone was set for Reykjavik, when my previous truly new Passport wasn't.

This is unlike Amazon and will call them.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 07:16 PM
    I have to disagree with you there, my phone box and everything else was fully brand new, the seals were not broken and there was no tape. Not to mention the phone had all the plastic sticky labels on.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport

i think his point is that a Sony charger wouldn't have made it's way inside a blackberry box unless it was opened by a 3rd party at some point
    WorldwideRemix likes this.
    02-28-15 07:49 PM
    i think his point is that a Sony charger wouldn't have made it's way inside a blackberry box unless it was opened by a 3rd party at some point
    Exactly. I'm an avid Amazon fan, trust me, but it makes no sense that they would send out a "new" Passport with a 3rd party charger. The only way I can see that happening is if the box had been opened at some point - whether by Amazon or via a return, who knows. Personally, I would NEVER accept an item that appeared used if I bought it new.
    02-28-15 10:27 PM