You may be surprised to discover that while not a vocal group (so they don't stand out much) there are actually a decent amount of folks who not only ignore snapchat, but all social media...

I agree with the others who value the basic core functions for keeping organized along with music, e-books & a few practical apps for weather, news, etc.

So far my Q10 has everything I need it to do for me with the mild exception of the apps for Consumer Reports & the local TV station's weather & storm alerts app.

Is it annoying when the different browsers I have tell me sites are unsafe because of outdated keys? Sure! But I use it so little anyway that to ME it's a reasonable trade. BlackBerry 10 lets me keep my calendar & contacts to myself instead of giving data miners free passes to rifle through everything. Obviously, others just "have" to have popular apps. But as long as the features I rely on continue to meet my needs with the intuitive smooth OS I prefer, why not?

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    Yet another person who misunderstood my post. I was clearly making fun of the millennial mentality that can't go 1 hour without checking their SnapChats.

I have the app myself, and at most I open it once a day. Usually once every 2-3 days. It's a gimmick app at its core.
    05-18-18 05:00 AM
    We’re in the Passport thread and I’ve been looking for any Passport (AT&T version) for scubafan. Haven’t been able to find any under $100. Can you help out? Any links appreciated...
    @markmall .... all joking aside. Not sure if you saw this. @scubafan looking for AT&T Passport
    05-18-18 12:31 PM
    @markmall .... all joking aside. Not sure if you saw this. @scubafan looking for AT&T Passport
    Thanks. It's not really that hard if you know how to shop well on eBay. They turn up all the time in great condition. Takes a little patience.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-18 12:50 PM
    I wasn't saying that boon wasn't making fun of the millenials, just that I never had any interest in looking at it for even a moment, and adding to the others who find BB10 superior & often despise android as well.

Wasn't being humorless, rather I was just showing how much my BlackBerry does for me to add to the comment on it being far superior to the dumbphones or feature phones as a good mid-point between those and the $800-$1000+ devices. It doesn't matter how many things the higher end phones can do if a user either doesn't need the features or can't spare the $$ to get one. Plus this ignores the massive privacy issues that turn some people away as well.

ratfinkstooley likes this.
    05-18-18 06:16 PM
    IMHO, Passport needs to go into the Cellular Phone Hall of Fame for being the Superior Phone of all time. (Except for those with tiny hands)
    ratfinkstooley and dmlis like this.
    05-18-18 07:06 PM
    IMHO, Passport needs to go into the Cellular Phone Hall of Fame for being the Superior Phone of all time. (Except for those with tiny hands)
    The Cellular Phone Hall of Fame never heard of it.
    05-18-18 10:09 PM
    Other than the odd 3 row pkb & non-replaceable battery the size of the Passport actually attracts me, since the Q10 has always felt tiny in my big mitts! ;-)
    As long as it fits in my shirt pocket (which it should just manage) bigger is better so my hands won't cramp up as much as they do now when I hold on to it too long. So you're not telling me a negative, rather a selling feature I hadn't thought much about!

Of course, I still have to find an AT&T model... so far I only see SQW100-1's

05-21-18 05:23 PM
    I understand that the majority of people use apps on their phones,
    Not a majority. I don't know anyone who uses 'apps' in my circle (at work or close folks), except for their kids.
    05-21-18 06:47 PM
    Other than the odd 3 row pkb & non-replaceable battery the size of the Passport actually attracts me, since the Q10 has always felt tiny in my big mitts! ;-)
    As long as it fits in my shirt pocket (which it should just manage) bigger is better so my hands won't cramp up as much as they do now when I hold on to it too long. So you're not telling me a negative, rather a selling feature I hadn't thought much about!

Saw this on eBay. FYI. Thanks @markmall

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...%2521US%2521-1
    05-21-18 07:47 PM
    As well as being easier to find fro about $100, the ATT is more comfortable to use due to the rounded corners. It seems thicker to me (due to the wireless battery charging?) but it's worth it.
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    05-22-18 01:05 PM
    Hi
    Received my new passport today which replaces my dying P9881
    Must say I'm well chuffed so far!! What a device

Posted via CB10
    The Passport SE is the best true BlackBerry. I will use it until they all die. ( I own 3 more new Passport SEs as spares)
    05-22-18 07:55 PM
    They will most likely die all at the same time.
    the_boon likes this.
    05-22-18 08:01 PM
    Not a majority. I don't know anyone who uses 'apps' in my circle (at work or close folks), except for their kids.
    Lol that must be the reason why Android and iOS rule. People hate apps. 😀
    05-22-18 09:14 PM
    Meh. Bold 9900 would have a better chance at it.
    05-22-18 09:19 PM
    I think he means the majority of ALL smartphone users, not the .01% that BB10 users occupy. I decided not to write 0%, which is BB10's reported market share, out of pity.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-18 10:06 PM
    I think he means the majority of ALL smartphone users, not the .01% that BB10 users occupy. I decided not to write 0%, which is BB10's reported market share, out of pity.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe the switch to Android can bump that share to 1% by the end of this year, what do you think?
    05-23-18 01:24 AM
    Maybe the switch to Android can bump that share to 1% by the end of this year, what do you think?
    Well, a quick search tells me there were 1.5 billion smartphones sold last year. So 1% of that would mean BBMobile would need to sell 15 million phones in 2018 to reach 1% market share.

OK, that doesn't: account for the phones out there already but also, some people who own them now will switch so I think for our purposes 15 million is a safe number.

I'm holding my breath starting............Now!

Sent from a Blackberry Passport somewhere in space.
    05-23-18 03:27 AM
    Lol that must be the reason why Android and iOS rule. People hate apps. ������
    Folks like us don't care whether it's iOS, or Andy, BB10 etc. Even during Nokia's rule - we never cared that it was a Symbian inside. It's just a fad for the Johnny. All we care for is that the phone looks good, call quality is nice, it lasts and works for our needs.

We don't 'hate' apps (no LOLing needed), just that we don't have a use for them. Any 'work' over the internet is done while sitting in front of a desk. Never on the move. And thru a larger screen. Thus, the laptop.
    05-23-18 05:17 AM
    Well, a quick search tells me there were 1.5 billion smartphones sold last year. So 1% of that would mean BBMobile would need to sell 15 million phones in 2018 to reach 1% market share.

OK, that doesn't: account for the phones out there already but also, some people who own them now will switch so I think for our purposes 15 million is a safe number.

I'm holding my breath starting............Now!

Sent from a Blackberry Passport somewhere in space.
    I would say that it's more accurate to see how many premium mid range phones were sold. Because BBMo isn't playing in the ultra budget range and not in the 700$ + range either
    05-23-18 06:26 AM
    I would say that it's more accurate to see how many premium mid range phones were sold. Because BBMo isn't playing in the ultra budget range and not in the 700$ + range either
    Fair enough. But we were talking total market share which is really all that counts.
    05-23-18 07:20 AM
    The Passport SE is the best true BlackBerry. I will use it until they all die. ( I own 3 more new Passport SEs as spares)
    Can I buy one???
    05-27-18 02:09 AM
    LOL. In all seriousness, I understand that the majority of people use apps on their phones, and that there are many mobile apps used for both work and entertainment, as well as everything from banking to mass transit.

But there are still millions of people NOT using mobile apps who value email, sms, and phone service. In 2018, with its browser degrading, BB10 is still 50x better than a traditional feature phone for essential telecommunications. That was my point.
    Exactly.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-18 06:10 AM
    Passport is always a stunning different phone. It's an unique phone and once you are used to it, then it's difficult to shift to other OS or Handset

Posted via CB10
    05-27-18 08:38 AM

For me 3 rows is the best convenient thing. Non replaceable battery is really a disadvantage. Tried 4 rows on keyone, absolutely not happy with it

Posted via CB10
    05-27-18 08:40 AM
    One of the issues I am finding the last few months with BlackBerry 10 and my Passport is support and an "old techmentality"

I have had a few issues with my carrier, Freedom Mobile with regards to getting LTE on their network even with the proper bands. I am having issues sending MMS messages to other users and I am getting an error message.

Just today I am have a few people tell me they are getting error messages from their carrier that the sms text message they sent me has been read. It appears to be isolated to iPhone on Rogers Wireless.

In any event I always get the same response from people and from tech support and even the CEO of Freedom Mobile. "Let's get you a new phone that actually works"

I get a lot of that from people and it's getting harder and harder for me to be taken seriously with what I deem legit tech concerns.

I am BlackBerry 10 for a a while still but if you can't get your issues fixed by anybody on the tech side, 2020 deadline or not, I may need to make a switch cause I can't get no HELP!

Thx

Posted via CB10
    05-28-18 03:55 AM
147 ... 23456