Hi
    Received my new passport today which replaces my dying P9881
    Must say I'm well chuffed so far!! What a device

Posted via CB10
    04-28-18 02:55 PM
    It certainly is an awesome device. Good luck.

Posted via my Awesome passport
    04-28-18 03:11 PM
    Yes passport is truly a great device. Excellent built quality and beautiful design.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-18 03:47 PM
    Good choice!

Posted via CB10
    04-28-18 05:05 PM
    I bashed the PP when the leaks were coming. Then I bought one. Camera aside it's the best phone I've had and I now have the K1.
    04-28-18 08:30 PM
    Well done. Fabulous phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-18 01:13 AM
    I bashed the PP when the leaks were coming. Then I bought one. Camera aside it's the best phone I've had and I now have the K1.
    What's wrong with the camera?
    04-29-18 09:36 AM
    Hi

Posted via CB10
    Congrats for the last and true BlackBerry! Ah whatta phone this is! I don't think I can touch any other phone ever. Compared to the Passport every other phone looks lowly and drab.
    04-29-18 07:08 PM
    Yeah, great camera in the Passport. It's a bit slow but once you get the hang of it you can get some really great shots. I had the Passport for a few years, went to iPhone 7 Plus, to a Sony Compact, and now back to the Passport. I get better pics from the Passport than I did on the Sony Compact or my wife's iPhone SE. (The Passport camera is an obvious step down from the 7 Plus camera, though. )
    04-29-18 07:30 PM
    Yeah, great camera in the Passport. It's a bit slow but once you get the hang of it you can get some really great shots. I had the Passport for a few years, went to iPhone 7 Plus, to a Sony Compact, and now back to the Passport. I get better pics from the Passport than I did on the Sony Compact or my wife's iPhone SE. (The Passport camera is an obvious step down from the 7 Plus camera, though. )
    Well...let’s not go so far to say great camera. The passport had a good camera took great day shots..stills. But any movement and it’s not so good..and for night shots it’s a dumpster fire. Sure for the time it was a good camera.
    04-29-18 09:28 PM
    Congrats and welcome to the club. In a world of boring look-alike slabs of glass, the Passport is unique and has a character. Autoload it to the latest OS version and go to Cobalt landing page for Playstore if you want.

Re the camera, I have no complaint though agreeing that it's not going to snap pics fast enough when needed. But I never draw out my PP fast enough anyway, lol.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    04-29-18 10:00 PM
    I can imagine it must feel like quite the upgrade if your only smartphone experience is the 9981.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-18 11:38 PM
    I can imagine it must feel like quite the upgrade if your only smartphone experience is the 9981.

Posted via CB10
    Pretty sure CrackBerry suffers from a time dilation issue...
    04-30-18 09:14 AM
    Hi

Posted via CB10
    The Passport SE, the best BB10 device there is. The true "BlackBerry".
    joseanmx, Qorax and tfp like this.
    04-30-18 12:13 PM
    The Passport SE, the best BB10 device there is. The true "BlackBerry".
    For some a true "BlackBerry" was the 9900, others it was the Classic, and a few really loved the Passport. Never mind the argument between the three OS that BlackBerry has used.

In the end both a BlackBerry... is what every they say it is.
    04-30-18 01:23 PM
    How do I find the latest autoloader for my passport
    04-30-18 05:26 PM
    How do I find the latest autoloader for my passport
    https://mega.nz/#!1NZ1SQBB!yL_ZV5UFz...1-Opwv7f6JCxhM
    04-30-18 05:30 PM
    thanks conite,your very helpful
    04-30-18 05:57 PM
    For some a true "BlackBerry" was the 9900, others it was the Classic, and a few really loved the Passport. Never mind the argument between the three OS that BlackBerry has used.

In the end both a BlackBerry... is what every they say it is.
    I don't think there was any argument that either BBOS or BB10 were true BB operating systems. Is that what you're suggesting? That there ever was any question about these?

I think only the Android devices you troll on the BB10 forums have been questioned.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-18 02:22 PM
    How's the camera in the Passport compare to the one in my Q10? Was about to pull the trigger on getting a Passport. Just wasn't sure if the "International" versions I see most often for sale will work properly with GSM AT&T? SQW100-1 as I recall.

BTW, where did you get your Passport? New or refurbished? If you don't mind telling us, how much was it?
    Thanks!

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    05-04-18 02:44 PM
    I bought my passport brand new and sealed from ebay UK version. You just need to keep an eye on there, I've seen them dearer and cheaper than the £199 I paid. I find the camera really good, I have no problems with it. I have used autoloader to install 10.3.3.2137 and I have android whatsapp working a treat. Best phone I've ever had by a country mile.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    05-04-18 03:33 PM
    I don't think there was any argument that either BBOS or BB10 were true BB operating systems. Is that what you're suggesting? That there ever was any question about these?

I think only the Android devices you troll on the BB10 forums have been questioned.

Posted via CB10
    LMAO. BBOS is only real BB if your argument holds any water. It didn't rely on another OS ecosystem to be remotely functional at either the beginning or the end. BBOS data and email dedicated through BB infrastructure and relying on that infrastructure for operation. No BIS/BES and you have mostly a paperweight.

With BB10 able to run Android ported apps, it's more related to Android like hybrid OS for ecosystem purposes. From a usability standpoint it's like 60% BB and 40% Android ecosystem wise at it's peak. Now for any functionality, it's like 20% BB and 80% Android ecosystem wise.

Meanwhile, BBAndroid started out more like 20% BB and 80% Android with the PRIV. With the DTEK, KEYone and Motion, the BBAndroid uniqueness is 80% BB and 20% Android with Android just there for the app ecosystem.

If you actually owned any of the BBAndroid devices and used them for any length of time (90 days +) exclusively, you'd understand why our comments are sincere and not trolling.
    ck2nb likes this.
    05-04-18 03:42 PM
    LMAO. BBOS is only real BB if your argument holds any water. It didn't rely on another OS ecosystem to be remotely functional at either the beginning or the end. BBOS data and email dedicated through BB infrastructure and relying on that infrastructure for operation. No BIS/BES and you have mostly a paperweight.

With BB10 able to run Android ported apps, it's more related to Android like hybrid OS for ecosystem purposes. From a usability standpoint it's like 60% BB and 40% Android ecosystem wise at it's peak. Now for any functionality, it's like 20% BB and 80% Android ecosystem wise.

Meanwhile, BBAndroid started out more like 20% BB and 80% Android with the PRIV. With the DTEK, KEYone and Motion, the BBAndroid uniqueness is 80% BB and 20% Android with Android just there for the app ecosystem.

If you actually owned any of the BBAndroid devices and used them for any length of time (90 days +) exclusively, you'd understand why our comments are sincere and not trolling.
    I despise Google and its practices. I find their data collection unethical and immoral and frightening. It would pain me to participate in them. Probably a lot of BB10 holdouts feel the same way.

You can make an argument that BB10 is not really "Blackberry" but it doesn't work. The Android app capability is an added feature, but hardly makes it Android.

I have read enough about BB's Android effort to know that I would feel a let down using that version of the Hub and might dispense with it altogether. Also, I know that the KeyOne form factor would be way too long to carry comfortably, and the Priv was pokey on release and probably pokier now. (The best solution for me is to carry a slim Android device and just use it when I can't avoid it for certain social apps or entertainment apps. It's as far as I will go with Google watching me.)

It's the focus on communications (the Hub), the look and feel and the build quality of the devices that define it as Blackberry. BES or BIS doesn't shape how most users relate to their devices.
    Qorax likes this.
    05-04-18 04:31 PM
    duplicate
    05-04-18 04:33 PM
    How's the camera in the Passport compare to the one in my Q10? Was about to pull the trigger on getting a Passport. Just wasn't sure if the "International" versions I see most often for sale will work properly with GSM AT&T? SQW100-1 as I recall.

BTW, where did you get your Passport? New or refurbished? If you don't mind telling us, how much was it?
    Thanks!

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    One issue with the Passport camera are hardware problems (I think hardware). Many people have reported it. It's happened to me at least twice. The camera stop being able to focus at all.

Even when my Passport cameras are working, they tend to focus on the wrong thing.

Since I don't rely on the camera that much it's not a deal killer for me. It is frustrating though if I have to photograph something quickly and can't get it to work.
    05-04-18 04:37 PM
147 123 ...