It seems like that the magnet is located on the lip of the flap and sticks to the other lip at the bottom. The flap stays closed just fine.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 05:37 PM
    I don't think I recommend putting the hard shell into the holster. Its really tight to put in and remove. I don't know if that tightness could damage the device by squeezing it too hard or causing any twisting trying to remove it. I stuffed it in and out a couple times and imo it's way to tight. Hope I haven't already damaged the glue holding the screen down.
    Last edited by mhw100; 01-28-15 at 01:49 AM.
    01-28-15 01:24 AM
    How did you force that passport with hard case in there?
    I don't see how the flap can close well?

I had one and there was no way to fit the Passport in with a cover. You removed something, because the flap closes upon something.

[QUOTE=tremor1;11299111]Got mine today with the hard shell.

Attachment 330045
    01-28-15 08:19 AM
    I found a simple solution, with a litle super glue and a little suction cup. You can stick the suction cup on the flip part of the case and I think it's a better solution
    New OEM Passport Belt Clip Holster?-img_20150118_210831_edit.png
    New OEM Passport Belt Clip Holster?-edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 08:25 AM
    It indeed looks nice, but at that price if someone didn't get an insurance for his Passport, best to do so!
    I really don't understand what they had in head when released the case with that fcking price!

Was it designed for Gold Passport or what?! ;(

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 08:48 AM
    [QUOTE=GeoK;11301745]How did you force that passport with hard case in there?

I had one and there was no way to fit the Passport in with a cover. You removed something, because the flap closes upon something.

Got mine today with the hard shell.

Attachment 330045
    I can confirm it fits in and the flap closes perfectly like the pic...but see my previous post. Its so tight that it's not easily removable and I think it might put too much strain and pressure on it. I don't want to become part of the lifting screen club.
    01-28-15 09:09 AM
    I found a simple solution, with a litle super glue and a little suction cup. You can stick the suction cup on the flip part of the case and I think it's a better solution
    you're in the wrong thread. this is about the holster, not the ShopBlackBerry Online Store - Passport Leather Flip Case - Black of which there are endless threads about mods using clips and such.

to summarize, it seems there is no issue with the holster closure (it has a magnetic lip) but there is some debate over the impact of using a hardshell stretching the seams of the holster's leather and potential impact to the device with the added pressure. clearly, the OEM leather holster was not intended to be used with the hardshell on, so please exercise caution. no one wants to damage their $150 holster or their $700 phone.

tremor1: would be interested in hearing your feedback after using this solution for a week or 2.

all: take care and good luck.
    01-28-15 09:55 AM
    tremor1: would be interested in hearing your feedback after using this solution for a week or 2.

all: take care and good luck.
    Agreed, Please give us an update in a week or two with any unforeseen wear on the phone and/or the holster and update if the tightness has lessened due to stretching, etc.
    GeoK likes this.
    01-28-15 11:00 AM
    GeoK, why would you assume that I removed something? As for everyone, I will post updates once my leather holster is broken into.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 02:26 PM
    Mhw100, agreed. I can only remove the phone straight up. Just waiting for the leather to be worn out. It's getting easier on day #2 though.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 02:37 PM
    yes, please give an update on the stretching of the seams, etc.

I can imagine how tight it is.

[QUOTE=mhw100;11301909]
    How did you force that passport with hard case in there?

I can confirm it fits in and the flap closes perfectly like the pic...but see my previous post. Its so tight that it's not easily removable and I think it might put too much strain and pressure on it. I don't want to become part of the lifting screen club.
    01-28-15 08:47 PM
    Tremor1....it's not an accusation as much as an observation.
    I had the same holster and there was no way I could get the Passport in with the oem hard case.

GeoK, why would you assume that I removed something? As for everyone, I will post updates once my leather holster is broken into.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 08:49 PM
    Gotcha. I'll keep everyone posted.

Posted via CB10
    the brother likes this.
    01-28-15 09:32 PM
    Tightness aside, the rubber backing of the hard shell made it very difficult to actually slide the phone in and out. The leather would stretch I guess but there would be no speed in pulling the phone out and doing it one handed seems impossible. I wrote a review of the holster and hard shell quite a while ago

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 06:06 AM
    Returning the leather holster. The sides of the leather flap started cracking and made very poorly. Not up to par with its pricing for sure.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 08:34 PM
    Returning the leather holster. The sides of the leather flap started cracking and made very poorly. Not up to par with its pricing for sure.

Posted via CB10
    I wonder if it had anything to do with jamming the hard shell into it?
    02-06-15 09:27 PM
    I wonder if it had anything to do with jamming the hard shell into it?
    Doubt it. The cracks are on the flap that creases when you open and close the holster.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 10:44 PM
    I'd buy your cracked holster for like $70

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 10:55 PM
    I'd buy your cracked holster for like $70

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm. If I could get a full refund instead of being out of more than half. I'd go for a full refund.
    02-07-15 06:00 AM
    So I used mine for 3 weeks without a skin on the phone and it cracked at the edges where there is a plastic wrap around coating. It also loosened up so much that when I put a thin TPU skin on the phone it slid in and out perfectly. That I used for a week and now it is so loose that a Ringke Fusion she'll which is quite thick goes in and out easily. But the case cracked on the edges without the skin. I just don't care because I need a holster.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 08:11 AM
    Trem or MGO, can you guys post pics of the cracking? thx.

PS: my ultimate solution is an OEM holster than can accommodate this: ShopBlackBerry Online Store - Passport Leather Flex Shell - Black

I like to dream big lol....
    02-10-15 10:51 AM
    That's bulk pricing. 20. And stick to the already existing thread.

Posted via CB10
    Where did you see that bulk pricing for the item is $150.00 for 20 units? What I saw was MSRP (suggested retail price) of $150USD on the first page. On the second page, it shows 'MOQ=20', ('MOQ' means 'Minimum Order Quantity), meaning you must order a minimum of 20 units. Nowhere in the ad is the actual per-unit wholesale price disclosed. No retailer in his right mind would drop $3000.00 to buy 20 of these things at the MSRP of $150.00, only to have to turn around and try to resell them at a minimum price of $175.00 or even $200.00 per unit just to make a reasonable profit, as nobody would buy them.

Clearly the ad is aimed at retailers and distributors, not consumers seeking to get a Passport holster.
    02-10-15 09:46 PM
    No retailer in his right mind would drop $3000.00 to buy 20 of these things at the MSRP of $150.00, only to have to turn around and try to resell them at a minimum price of $175.00 or even $200.00 per unit just to make a reasonable profit, as nobody would buy them.
    Which is probably why no retailer has them lol. They are/were sold out on ShopBB though, so there's that.
    02-11-15 09:22 AM
    Which is probably why no retailer has them lol. They are/were sold out on ShopBB though, so there's that.
    CB has them coming though!
    02-11-15 09:39 AM
    Is Blackberry that clueless? $150 for a holster?

Posted via CB10
    I have very high expectations for that msrp $. I don't mind paying but it has to be able to fit he oem hard shell case attached to device and be able to glide in smoothly or its a NO SALE for me!
    02-11-15 10:32 AM
80 1234