So I just got a new knife today

It's a Gerber Instant. Its a great knife it's a assisted opening 3.33" knife all black and has G10 handles

New idea for BlackBerry Passport backing-img_20140804_174207.jpg

G10 is fiberglass layers glued together with a epoxy at very high pressure. So this creates a very strong material but also light and very good grip. It is stronger than carbon fiber and cheaper to make and doesn't scratch like carbon fiber. It is very industrial looking and lots of knives use it as handles vs rubber because it has more grip than rubber.

I was thinking what if BlackBerry used this material as the back of the Passport. They could use a license deal with a knife company that makes it such as gerber or CRKT or Kershaw. I think that kind of material would be amazing on a phone it would make the back of the passport so strong and grippy. I would buy it just for that reason alone lol.

What do you guys think sound off below
    New idea for BlackBerry Passport backing-img_20140804_174151.jpg

Posted via CB10 via My Q10
    08-04-14 07:48 PM
    Maybe they could make a bullet proof vest for it, it's a phone you break and buy a new one,
    08-04-14 07:52 PM
    Maybe they could make a bullet proof vest for it, it's a phone you break and buy a new one,
    A kevlar backing would be awesome! I would love that. And BlackBerry isn't samsung. BlackBerry doesn't make phones designed to break.

anon721037 likes this.
    08-04-14 07:56 PM
    agree so why would they make them even stronger, now if they had some specialty ones that we could order might be cool.
    08-04-14 07:58 PM
    agree so why would they make them even stronger, now if they had some specialty ones that we could order might be cool.
    Here is a example of why they should make the phone stronger.

Your in the gym with your buddies pumping iron you got 25lb weights on your bar. And you ask you buddy to add another 25lb. Your Passport is sitting on the floor under your bench. You are playing some nice rock with the dual speakers nice and loud and your friends hands are sweaty and he drops the weight and it hits your phone. Lucky for you. You had it face down. Your friend freaks out and starts apologizing you pick up the phone and you go no problem man its a BlackBerry with G10

To me that situation doesn't seem uncommon at all and would be great for a commercial and I wasn't saying it would be standard. I would be fine with a special order version that would be sweet!

anon721037 likes this.
    08-04-14 08:05 PM