About as possible as eating the sun with a spoon.
    Well, that just depends on how big (and heat-resistant) your spoon is.
    04-30-16 10:48 PM
    No. It will not work. The passports will be locked out because it's not possible to root them.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Agreed. It is not pssible to root the Passport IMO.
    05-01-16 12:27 AM
    So, what I think I'm hearing everyone say, is that you can't operate a non-bb OS on a BB phone? is that correct? I find that difficult to believe!
    05-01-16 08:01 AM
    So, what I think I'm hearing everyone say, is that you can't operate a non-bb OS on a BB phone? is that correct? I find that difficult to believe!
    You need brain surgery or a mental counselor.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-01-16 08:58 AM
    no you can. There are passports with android on them. But no one outside of BB engineers will be able to make it happen.
    Uzi likes this.
    05-01-16 10:03 AM
    Yes that's correct
    05-01-16 10:05 AM
    Yeah man, my understanding of it after reading Thurask's link earlier is that the boot loader won't load anything not signed by BlackBerry (with their own, private keys) and the CPU itself won't even start the boot loader if it doesn't match a certain, private, digital signature. I guess it *can* be done if you commit ridiculous amounts of resources to it, but in practice, by the time you get ahold of the appropriate signing keys, the Passport will be a relic. Too much effort, very little ROI.
    05-01-16 12:28 PM
    Flogging the dead horse with a whip didn't work. What if we try a bat or a truncheon?

Posted via CB10

A new Fork? Start a project to get a functional ubuntu of a passport.-deadhorse.jpg

Posted via CB10
    05-01-16 01:10 PM
    My, my, such negativity from so many!
    I've never taken No Way as a valid answer, there's always a way!

OK, then what about another phone like the Z30 or Torch?
    Don't get me wrong, I believe in trying our best to change things when they are even slightly in our hands, but they are not in this case.
    Why would BlackBerry want Ubuntu on their phones? It's way worse an OS than BB10 and has been bought by a lot less people. Ubuntu mobile is not even beta yet, it's gamma.
    On top of this, the BlackBerry hardware is locked into the software. This prevents people from running any old OS of their own on it.
    So, the only thing you can do it to start a petition for BlackBerry to create a Ubuntu phone. On existing devices it can't be done. And certainly not by any non-BB entity.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-16 02:33 AM
    It's not impossible, but neither is having a black cat walk across your keyboard, accidentally hacking area 51as a result, and finding evidence of extraterrestrial life in the process. Not impossible, but so incredibly unlikely that it is pointless even thinking about it.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 04:00 PM

-There is more chance of a grizzly bear mating with a whale to produce a space faring unicorn.
    So you're saying there's a chance of this!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-05-16 02:27 AM
36 12