Like most blackberry users these days when someone notices our phones we are meet with comments like "they still make those " or "I thought blackberry was dead"

Well I recently purchased a Passport and the reactions at work started out as ridicule to curiosity. None of my coworkers have ever seen a rectangular phone or anything close to the passport. I did a demonstration of how the keyboard can be used as a track pad and one of my coworkers nearly flipped. He was amazed by the swipe typing and cursor control from the keyboard, the screen that can flip as well as the build quality. I think if BlackBerry really wanted to sell hardware all they needed to do was create an aggressive advertising campaign because if more people saw the abilities of the phone more people would have jumped on the BlackBerry train.

Posted via CB10
    pale_face likes this.
    09-15-16 12:12 PM
    I think if BlackBerry really wanted to sell hardware all they needed to do was create an aggressive advertising campaign because if more people saw the abilities of the phone more people would have jumped on the BlackBerry train.
    Completely agree - the Passport is still awesome and unique even today. Apple say it took "courage" to remove their headphone jack; how about a completely bonkers square screen and touchpad keyboard!? It's courageous because it goes completely against the grain, yet we all now know how natural these things seem now we've got used to them.

When you create something like the Passport you have to explain to people how and why it is useful (in addition to telling them that it exists, of course) -- they'll want it once they see how much better it is than the existing standard.
    pale_face likes this.
    09-15-16 12:37 PM
    This is exactly what happens with me, and I've had mine since launch. People still flip out when I show them what I can do with the keyboard and how BB10 is so easy to use. It's really sad to see what could've easily been one of the smartphones, stay so low and unheard of.

Posted via the king of smartphones. The Passport.
    09-15-16 12:39 PM
    I'm a new passport owner too. Great phone. Long battery life, great screen for outdoors, and the physical keyboard with shortcuts and trackpad ability. Superb for email and communication. Not so great with android apps due to battery drain, but as long as you're not into games, this is a great phone that will continue to function as a communication portal long after it's EOL even.

Passport!
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    09-15-16 12:54 PM
    Like most blackberry users these days when someone notices our phones we are meet with comments like "they still make those " or "I thought blackberry was dead"

Well I recently purchased a Passport and the reactions at work started out as ridicule to curiosity. None of my coworkers have ever seen a rectangular phone or anything close to the passport. I did a demonstration of how the keyboard can be used as a track pad and one of my coworkers nearly flipped. He was amazed by the swipe typing and cursor control from the keyboard, the screen that can flip as well as the build quality. I think if BlackBerry really wanted to sell hardware all they needed to do was create an aggressive advertising campaign because if more people saw the abilities of the phone more people would have jumped on the BlackBerry train.

Posted via CB10
    You know its really sad they will not showcase the company and what they are doing.
    09-15-16 09:06 PM
    I've had the ppse for a good few months and like being in a very exclusive club, where people don't know it exists, it is a very special device for the very special people. So not all qualify. I consider myself lucky to be able to have this devise and find a way to make it useful for me. Enjoy it while it's around. Ofcourse the lack of apps is a bit of inconvenience, but using the browser with a bookmark solves most issues. And we are able to do things that most newest devises still struggle. I just wish I was able to buy a second devise as back up.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-16 09:20 PM
    Love is the word alright, though I still hope that they should have made it with 2 sim card slots so it will really fit the name passport since I travel a lot, one sim for my home country and an easy access sim slot for where ever country I am in. But still, I'm taking good care of this unit and hope it to last 7 or more years.

red passport
    09-15-16 11:36 PM
    I still hope that they should have made it with 2 sim card slots so it will really fit the name passport since I travel a lot, one sim for my home country and an easy access sim slot for where ever country I am in.
    Me too, I dunno why manufacturers won't give us dual SIM phones in the West. Such a useful feature.
    09-16-16 03:25 AM
    I'm going to get a backup Passport while I still can. I'm eligible for an upgrade for another phone on our line so I'll pick one up just to keep in case of a major accident.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-16 03:41 AM
    Yes I got 1 last month.. must say it's something new which can't be seen & gr8 performance.. Apps well I have to carry a diff no.. so some Apps I use from there.. not a deal breaker
    09-16-16 06:20 AM
    Me too, I dunno why manufacturers won't give us dual SIM phones in the West. Such a useful feature.
    Tracking. Complicates tracking you so no dual sim.
    09-16-16 07:17 AM
    Everything I have read about the Passport makes me want one. But I am a Verizon customer. Is it yet possible to get an unlocked Pp on Verizon?

Posted via CB10
    09-16-16 08:55 AM
    Completely agree - the Passport is still awesome and unique even today. Apple say it took "courage" to remove their headphone jack; how about a completely bonkers square screen and touchpad keyboard!? It's courageous because it goes completely against the grain, yet we all now know how natural these things seem now we've got used to them.

When you create something like the Passport you have to explain to people how and why it is useful (in addition to telling them that it exists, of course) -- they'll want it once they see how much better it is than the existing standard.
    I laughed when I read he said it took "courage " to remove the headphone jack. Wow, what heroes. The courageous part, the part that really takes balls, is to charge $170 US for the Apple wireless headset that works with it.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-16 10:43 AM
    Everything I have read about the Passport makes me want one. But I am a Verizon customer. Is it yet possible to get an unlocked Pp on Verizon?

Posted via CB10
    No
    09-16-16 10:48 AM

Well I recently purchased a Passport and the reactions at work started out as ridicule to curiosity....
    Posted via CB10
    Well I purchased a Passport quite some time ago, but....

To quote the plumbers/builders who visited this week:
    what a gorgeous phone
    I really miss my old BlackBerry
    I really miss a keyboard
    he [referring to their boss] sounds so clear [speakerphone]
    that's good quality [sound of music at high volume playing 'Mack the Knife']
    they've always been solid [comparing to Builder's Android with cracked screen]

Unfortunately, also:
    you can't get BlackBerry from my network
    nor mine
    09-16-16 03:02 PM
    I love my Passport SE to that extent where I don't mind buying it again
    Waiting for best offer to come our Indian way to buy
    So disappointing to see that SE is still not been launched in India

Posted via CB10
    09-17-16 12:13 AM
    Thats why I bought, 2 months ago, another Passport SE as a backup in case my current one dies. The Passport SE is awesome!

Posted via CB10
    09-17-16 09:41 PM
    Marketing campaign, Customer services, and pushing more for apps development

Posted via CB10
    09-17-16 10:38 PM
    When the Z10 came out I really wanted to have one. I bought it I was happy I did that. When the Passport was launched I really wanted to have one. I bought the Passport SE, even greater than the OG in my opinion. At this moment, there is no other device on the market I would like to replace my Passport or Z10 with. These are some great devices. BB10 is the best.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley and BerrySoul like this.
    09-18-16 03:08 AM