Hi,

first post. Had a BB 5 or 6 years ago including a Playbook.
    Now very happy with my Passport. I'm writing because I'm looking for an app which can tell me what is running, including headless apps (I think skype is an example).
    More importantly, the app should be able to kill the application including running android app.

Yours Frank
    11-13-14 06:37 AM
    Taskmanager does that. Free on BBW.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 06:40 AM
    Hi,

first post. Had a BB 5 or 6 years ago including a Playbook.
    Now very happy with my Passport. I'm writing because I'm looking for an app which can tell me what is running, including headless apps (I think skype is an example).
    More importantly, the app should be able to kill the application including running android app.

Yours Frank
    Go to settings , click on App manager
    Click on Device monitor
    Scroll down and select the app
    Click on Close.
    11-13-14 06:40 AM
    Go to settings , click on App manager
    Click on Device monitor
    Scroll down and select the app
    Click on Close.
    You could do it that way but it's much simpler with task manager
    You could also download nova launcher and go to settings > apps > running

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    11-13-14 07:03 AM

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    So downloading, installing and using an app for killing an app?
    surgeon1919, Carjackd and deremi like this.
    11-13-14 07:05 AM
    Set Device Monitor to your Quick settings. Open it, select CPU tab (middle) and you can see and manage all your running apps.

Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    11-13-14 07:08 AM
    So downloading, installing and using an app for killing an app?
    It's definitely easier you download once and then you could kill all apps at once

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    11-13-14 09:44 AM
    In taskmanager, instead of clicking on an app and close it, a better way is to click and hold and an app, wait until the pop up window shows up, select settings, then disable notification and then close it, this way the app won't keep popping up in the background after you closed it.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-13-14 10:36 AM
    In taskmanager, instead of clicking on an app and close it, a better way is to click and hold and an app, wait until the pop up window shows up, select settings, then disable notification and then close it, this way the app won't keep popping up in the background after you closed it.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    I don't get that option. The only pop up if I hold asks whether the app should be ignored, there's no setting option?
    11-13-14 10:45 AM
    Here's what you should do:
    BB10 has a built in "Device Monitor," similar to the Task Manager program on Windows. It allows you to monitor usage statistics, including battery, CPU, RAM, storage, etc., for different programs, and to close (as well as uninstall) those programs should you wish.
    Device Monitor can be found via: Settings > App Manager > Device Monitor.
    It has a useful active frame, and I usually leave it running, so that I can access it quickly and because it shows up to date battery life estimates and mobile data usage.
    Additionally, it can be added to Quick Settings and accessed via the corresponding menu, activated by swiping down from the top of the screen (you can add it to Quick Settings via: Settings > Quick Settings).

Just a forewarning:
    Certain applications cannot be closed (including the Amazon appstore, certain Android and native apps).

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    11-13-14 11:23 AM
    As suggested a few times, I would also use the device monitor to close the Android app if needed.

Added benefit, you also get to see from time to time how your device is performing.

Posted via CB10
    AlexanderPetrov likes this.
    11-13-14 02:00 PM

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    Woah, android launchers work on BB10? I use Nova on my Note3 and would love that sort of customization on a passport when I get one.
    11-13-14 04:24 PM
    Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=10933307

Download Andriod settings.. you can kill running andriod apps from there.. like you would on andriod..

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 04:29 PM
    I don't get that option. The only pop up if I hold asks whether the app should be ignored, there's no setting option?
    Do not select that ignore option. If you do you the apps will never show up in that list again but it will be running in the background constantly.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by byex; 11-14-14 at 03:03 AM.
    11-13-14 05:01 PM
    Do not select that ignore option. If you do you will never show up in that list but it will be running in the background constantly.

Posted via CB10
    Yup. Found that out when I did some exploring and there were apps in my ignore list! Not any more....

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 06:11 PM
    Woah, android launchers work on BB10? I use Nova on my Note3 and would love that sort of customization on a passport when I get one.
    I don't have a passport yet so I don't know how it fits in but it works good on my z30

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    11-13-14 06:32 PM
    I don't have a passport yet so I don't know how it fits in but it works good on my z30

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    Just for killing apps or does it allow customization like it does on androids? As I I can choose different icons and different icon spacing and size?
    11-13-14 07:29 PM
    You know what!!!! BlackBerry don't give a Damm with us consumer at all!!! BlackBerry gave up with the consumers market already!!!!

I can care less!!! What I see it that BlackBerry is making everyone else better but not BlackBerry itself!!!! I don't see any improvements in their apps. The android App on BB10 suck big time. And I don't see any BlackBerry phone around anymore in Asia. Really!!! None!!!! My Q10 keyboard are worn out and I can't find any replacement.... no ever the protection film or cases. Everyone is surprise in sense of mocking that I am still using BlackBerry phone!!!

I going for iPhone 6 with the Typo keyboard.

Q10 Qwerty Lover.
    Thank you come again.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 08:24 PM
    You know what!!!! BlackBerry don't give a Damm with us consumer at all!!! BlackBerry gave up with the consumers market already!!!!

I can care less!!! What I see it that BlackBerry is making everyone else better but not BlackBerry itself!!!! I don't see any improvements in their apps. The android App on BB10 suck big time. And I don't see any BlackBerry phone around anymore in Asia. Really!!! None!!!! My Q10 keyboard are worn out and I can't find any replacement.... no ever the protection film or cases. Everyone is surprise in sense of mocking that I am still using BlackBerry phone!!!

Q10 Qwerty Lover.
    Buy replacements online... or just go into debt with iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    11-13-14 08:56 PM

Q10 Qwerty Lover.
    You're copying and pasting the in multiple threads. Get a life troll

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-13-14 09:08 PM