Hello all..

I like gadgets and when it comes to cell phones I am all about trying new stuff. I have had a couple square flips by motorola korea( MS150), a Bang and Olufsen Serene and then the first iPhone that has kept me in apple since the start. I did stray from time to time with the nokia N9, the samsung g3, a samsung windows model and an htc one. Every time I ended back with the iPhone which does what it does so well but so boring. The Serene and the MS150 were both favorites and also both square in shape but neither of them had keyboards and texting was just taking off so that's what got me into the iPhone.

Now I have an iPhone 5 and I will be up for a new iPhone next week but then I saw this Passport and I was drawn to its design immediately. Last Friday it became available again in the US through blackberry so I threw down and bought one. My passport will be here by tomorrow, it is currently at the post office but hasn't been sorted. I think I will love it and I also think the design has a lot to do with it. I think the reason that I went back to iPhone again and again has more to do with the fact that it looks very similar to everything else and if that's the case I might as well go with something that works well for me.

What are the notifications like? Are the sounds different? DO you have control of the led notification? Will uber and shazzam work on it? I really can't wait to have this thing in my hands and I have read pretty much every review and the fact that everyone isn't raving about this phone is good to hear. I feel like anything that pleases the masses is simply boring. I have also always gone with design over function.. sure the bang and olufsen wasn't a small phone but it was unique and sexy.

I will post about the passport as soon as I get it. I will pretty much know within the first hour if I will keep it or not. I hope I love it because while the iPhone 6 Plus is a nice phone it is also extremely boring. One other question... has anyone who ordered on Friday and paid $599 been able to get a credit for the coupon code? I called and complained Friday night maybe 2 hours after buying the Passport after I found out about the coupon code and someone at Blackberry said they would get back to me ... I am still waiting on that call though.

X-
    10-08-14 01:16 PM
    You have adjustable notifications as well as a great keyboard.

Shazam works as a port but I suggest to use soundhound since it is better.

Welcome to the family my friend

The coupon was a mistake by Digital River who run the shop. So I wouldn't expect it to work.... especially since you have not used it when you ordered.....

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 and a Z30
    10-08-14 01:24 PM
    If an hour's what u need to like a phone, u shouldn't have ordered the passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 01:24 PM
    OK I got my Passport yesterday after work. I drove to the Post Office to pick it up. Well I truly gave it a try but I DID in fact know within the first hour that I couldn't make this a full time gadget. It is beautiful but way too heavy. Also while the keyboard was nice I feel the unit would be so much better all touch. I found myself rotating it to get rid of the keyboard if that makes any sense. If they come up with an all touch that is lighter I would be all over it as the build quality is excellent. In the end it just lacks portability due to it's heft and God help you if you drop it a couple times..I can't see it surviving very long without a case. In the end I respect blackberry for what hey have done and it definitely will appeal to certain people for sure, but these days people are more active and this may be too much phone for most. I have placed it up on ebay and I cant believe its getting the bids that it has ..at this time it is $735! I hope no one takes my post as negative because I truly wanted to love it. To those that do love it more power to you.

X-
    10-09-14 10:09 AM
    OK I got my Passport yesterday after work. I drove to the Post Office to pick it up. Well I truly gave it a try but I DID in fact know within the first hour that I couldn't make this a full time gadget. It is beautiful but way too heavy. Also while the keyboard was nice I feel the unit would be so much better all touch. I found myself rotating it to get rid of the keyboard if that makes any sense. If they come up with an all touch that is lighter I would be all over it as the build quality is excellent. In the end it just lacks portability due to it's heft and God help you if you drop it a couple times..I can't see it surviving very long without a case. In the end I respect blackberry for what hey have done and it definitely will appeal to certain people for sure, but these days people are more active and this may be too much phone for most. I have placed it up on ebay and I cant believe its getting the bids that it has ..at this time it is $735! I hope no one takes my post as negative because I truly wanted to love it. To those that do love it more power to you.

X-
    Honestly sounds like you just never found a keyboard phone a target imo with the whole rotating the phone story.

You tried to force it on yourself, X,'D

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    10-09-14 11:15 AM

X-
    The Passport requires more than an hour to get used to. Put some work in on the front end and it will pay off down the road is what I say. Rotating the phone to get rid of the keyboard? All you need to do is swipe down on the physical keyboard twice I believe so it can go away.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 11:21 AM