Hey guys, just picked up a unlocked red passport from Amazon about a week ago!(since no ATT store carries this phone). Coming from 4yrs of owning iphones and this is my first BlackBerry. I've been using an iPhone 6 plus since it's release but I found myself at a point in life where being on my phone all day was becoming a terrible habit so I decided to go with a "boring" phone now lol. I have to say I love typing on the physical keyboard a lot! Other things I love about this phone include the beautiful screen (even thou watching video on here may not be as awesome as having a full screen like the 6 plus, the colors and pixel density on the passport is amazing) also the battery life is fantastic but I think that's due to the fact I don't do much on my phone anymore

Things I don't like...
    - screen flickering
    - text messages tend to freeze once in awhile
    - notifications for text sometimes never popup on the lock screen
    - camera takes forever to focus

I was doing some research and found that the leaked .2480 update fixes a lot issues so if someone could be kind enough and direct me on how I go about getting that update, it would be much appreciated

Other than that the phone is a real head turner and it's nice having a phone no one else has

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 10:41 AM
    Hey guys, just picked up a unlocked red passport from Amazon about a week ago!
    I was doing some research and found that the leaked .2480 update fixes a lot issues so if someone could be kind enough and direct me on how I go about getting that update, it would be much appreciated
    Welcome to the BlackBerry (& CrackBerry) community!
    What OS Version are you currently running? (Settings > About > Category: OS > OS Version)
    Any OS Version 10.3.1.2480 or higher should fix the screen flickering issue and many other things were fixed in the 10.3.1.2576/.2582/.2708 releases as well. If you purchased your phone directly from Amazon you should get an update pushed to your phone for one of the releases (probably 10.3.1.2576 = Software Release 10.3.1.1779) that fixes the screen flickering.
    If you're having issues with messages appearing on your lock screen, try putting a message on your lock screen using BlackBerry Protect (go to https://protect.blackberry.com/ ). I've seen several people with lock screen issues say using BlackBerry Protect to display a message on their lock screen seems to do some sort of lock screen reset and fixes the bug - it's worth a shot!
    04-07-15 05:22 PM
    you'll be more addicted now then before
    04-07-15 05:48 PM
    I would haveto agree. Just picked up my red passport from shopblackberry and its awesome

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 05:55 PM
    The slow camera focus has always been troubling since the Passport got released. The focus has already improved with 10.3.1 as far as I can tell, but it's still far from being decent. What helps is locking the focus:
    Tap and hold the area you want to focus on until the square goes green and the small lock appears, that at least prevents the focus from constantly "hunting" for the right focal point.

As for the other issues, it would really be helpful to know the software versions of your Passport.

Posted via CB10
    lang007 likes this.
    04-07-15 06:20 PM
    This is the second identical post the OP has made. In the original one, a number of people suggested upgrading to the fix that BlackBerry released for the screen flickering. They even told him where to go in CrackBerry to read up on what needs to be done. I hope he has followed their advice.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 01:35 PM
    Welcome aboard
    04-09-15 02:14 PM
    This is the second identical post the OP has made. In the original one, a number of people suggested upgrading to the fix that BlackBerry released for the screen flickering. They even told him where to go in CrackBerry to read up on what needs to be done. I hope he has followed their advice.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry after waiting acouple of hours and not seeing my original thread I redid it lol

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 02:40 PM
    Sorry after waiting acouple of hours and not seeing my original thread I redid it lol

Posted via CB10
    Well that's definitely a sign that you're high on crack... Berry

Posted via CB10
    lang007 likes this.
    04-10-15 12:44 AM