Said someone looking at my three year old passport this week! Still ahead of its time in looks, just behind the curve on everything else.... love it though!

Swiped on my Passport!
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    10-13-17 03:35 PM
    I get the same with the original Passport. They think it's new. This was Chen's stealth marketing effort bearing fruit.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    10-13-17 03:45 PM
    Said someone looking at my three year old passport this week! Still ahead of its time in looks, just behind the curve on everything else.... love it though!

Swiped on my Passport!
    Same thing happened to me with my SE. Someone asked is that a phone that's so cool!

Posted via CB10
    10-13-17 06:57 PM
    I get the same with the original Passport. They think it's new. This was Chen's stealth marketing effort bearing fruit.

Posted via CB10
    Lol everyone keeps blaming Chen. I love the passport but it doesn't matter what he would have done to advertise it this phone would never get to the masses. Blackberry was out of the phone business and dying long before Chen got there. The didn't take the iPhone seriously and they got crushed. Don't hang that on Chen.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-17 06:59 PM
    I had the opposite happen two days ago. A work colleague asked what phone it was. When I said it's a BlackBerry he replied it's so old. I laughed. Couldn't be bothered to educate him and he'd already walked away anyway.
    10-14-17 06:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps you'll explain why a company with enormous resources, Microsoft, passed on BlackBerry and BB10, when they could have bought it for pennies in 2013 before Chen was ever hired.
    10-14-17 09:27 PM
    Perhaps you'll explain why a company with enormous resources, Microsoft, passed on BlackBerry and BB10, when they could have bought it for pennies in 2013 before Chen was ever hired.
    Indeed, M$ failed to see assets that include QNX. All that mattered was the continuation of the Metro UI and the silly Windows everywhere idea. I'd have more respect for M$ if it developed a cutting edge OS and not name it Windows, a brand that has grown old and tiresome, IMO.

Posted via CB10 from my 100-4 Passport SE
    10-15-17 11:41 AM
    Indeed, M$ failed to see assets that include QNX. All that mattered was the continuation of the Metro UI and the silly Windows everywhere idea. I'd have more respect for M$ if it developed a cutting edge OS and not name it Windows, a brand that has grown old and tiresome, IMO.

What value does QNX have that they aren't already getting with Windows?
    10-15-17 12:53 PM

What can another OS bring to proverbial table without an ecosystem to go with it? To bring consumers away from current OS ecosystem duopoly, another ecosystem would have to offer something that satisfies consumer needs being left unsatisfied now. Additionally, those unsatisfied needs have to be greater than current satisfied needs. It's why all these years later Android OS is unable to unseat Windows OS in a non-mobile environment. Things like IOT and VR offer that next iconic shift, but only if adaptation rates increase greatly.
    drobbie likes this.
    10-15-17 06:52 PM