Got my passport about a month ago, love it. Had to make some alternate choices for apps. But I am good.

Default Web browser is pretty much dead, freezes and dies sometimes. But Opera Mini and Firefox work well, just stay away from heavy Flash based websites and it is fine.

Not having Facebook is a dream come true for me, it is the only one I used to just troll on and spend half my day on. Now I don't have it, I don't use it. Twitter, LinkedIn and Youtube have my business accounts on, so I don't talk much on there as I don't want to come across as trolling and only post productive things. Don't use instagram or snapchat or anything like that, I feel I don't need the reassurance of people to like my post to make me feel cool lol.

As for games, I got a SNES emulator called SNESdroid, and a Gameboy Advanced emulator called myBoy. So now I got a choice of 1000s of classic games to play. Right now I got Star Ocean and Pokemon FireRed working perfectly (both apps on playstore).

As for doing my studies on this, I written a 3000 word draft of an app development idea on this, submitted it on this and received a first grade for it lol.

I sold my iPhone six for this and I think it is the best thing I have done, I wanted a phone that didn't have all the distractions of the more popular devices and I am disappointed to find out the new ones are native to android .

I just wanted to ask something, do the Native android phones (priv and mercury) have blackberry services on it like Password Keeper and Blackberry hub?

Cheers guys

Posted via CB10
    03-12-17 07:50 AM
    Yes it has hub and password keeper
    03-12-17 09:23 AM
    Hub is an app though and there's no headless notifications so it's open hub. Open notification which then opens the app. When you close it. All of those things are open. Very hard to get used to. Been on a Dtek50 since January still can't stand it. Lol
    03-12-17 09:54 AM
    Hub on Android is not close to Hub on BB10. Period

Posted via CB10
    03-12-17 10:31 AM
    [QUOTE=floppydisk;12801164].

As for games, I got a SNES emulator called SNESdroid, and a Gameboy Advanced emulator called myBoy. So now I got a choice of 1000s of classic games to play. Right now I got Star Ocean and Pokemon FireRed working perfectly (both apps on playstore).

From where did you install those emulator??

Posted via CB10
    03-12-17 10:31 AM
    Got my passport about a month ago, love it. Had to make some alternate choices for apps. But I am good.

Default Web browser is pretty much dead, freezes and dies sometimes. But Opera Mini and Firefox work well, just stay away from heavy Flash based websites and it is fine.

Not having Facebook is a dream come true for me, it is the only one I used to just troll on and spend half my day on. Now I don't have it, I don't use it. Twitter, LinkedIn and Youtube have my business accounts on, so I don't talk much on there as I don't want to come across as trolling and only post productive things. Don't use instagram or snapchat or anything like that, I feel I don't need the reassurance of people to like my post to make me feel cool lol.

As for doing my studies on this, I written a 3000 word draft of an app development idea on this, submitted it on this and received a first grade for it lol.

I sold my iPhone six for this and I think it is the best thing I have done, I wanted a phone that didn't have all the distractions of the more popular devices and I am disappointed to find out the new ones are native to android .

I just wanted to ask something, do the Native android phones (priv and mercury) have blackberry services on it like Password Keeper and Blackberry hub?

Cheers guys

Posted via CB10
    Yes, BlackBerry has developed their software suite for android. There are some differences as they are still fully developing but it has come a long way since they started. It's honestly quite good now.

However, if you're happy with bb10 and don't require the additional apps then I think you've made a great choice with the passport. It's a fantastic phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-17 10:37 AM
    Welcome to the club mate. What took you so long?

Posted from my  Passport
    03-12-17 10:58 AM
    Welkome, best choice you could make. Even the creator of this Phone think different about this. But I hope you can enjoy this Phone for some more years.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-17 11:23 AM
    I got the emulators from the Google play store, after playing longer, snesDroid fails to load game state saves, so I have to do it the "traditional" way. All the emulators work well, go to settings and most of them let you adjust screen and virtual controller position. Some emulators you have to pay for, but I officially own them from my Android days.
    New to this-img_20170312_122701.png

New to this-img_20170312_103029.png

Posted via CB10
    03-13-17 05:31 AM
    You might like Browsie, on blackberry world for next to no money. Great little browser, been using it for best part of a couple of years. Effective built in adblocker, ability to clear cookies on shutdown, all sorts of highly configurable goodies. Fast too.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 05:06 PM
    @floppydisk:

I totally get you! Exactly my thoughts.

Limits lead to true creativity and productivity, anything else is distraction. Grandmaster Flash produced “The Message“on a 4-Track Tape - he wasn't distracted

A great 4-Track app by the way:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/27406146

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 10:02 PM