Hi everyone, So I bought my blackberry Passport used couple weeks ago. Its on Rogers network I use it on Fido. I am traveling ourside Canada soon so I tried unlocking it. Got unlock code from ebay but it didn't unlock it. Contacted the code seller and he said its hardware issue as code was generated correctly. So i got refund from him. I tried Cellunlocker dot net. They sent the same code. Tried again that didn't work either. Rogers need me to be there customer for 90 days before they can give me the unlock code.
    As ebay guy said its hardware issue i beleive its true. Because when i enter the code it doesn't say wrong code just try meter go down. I have only 2 tries left.
    Anyone had similar issue? Can someone help reset the try number to 10?

Thanks
    05-20-16 10:56 AM
    Can't help you with getting an unlock code, but i can advise you to do not use up your unlock attempts.
    1. There is no way anyone other than BlackBerry can unlock a modern BlackBerry device once all attempts are used up.
    2. This is something that requires BlackBerry to physically attach your device to their system. They charge a lot money for this and it take a long time in addition to shipping the device back and forth.
    3. There are no persons or companies outside of BlackBerry that can perform this on the BB10 devices.
    4. To be 100% clear, there is no way for an end user or unlock service to unlock a BB10 device after the attempts are used up, other than BlackBerry.

Once all attempts are used up, the device becomes hard locked to the current provider it is locked too and no further attempts to unlock it, even with a correct code, will work.... at all.
    05-20-16 11:09 AM
    Thanks for the info buddy, So if it gets hard locked will i still be able to use it with rogers/fido? I believe that unlock code was correct. What do you think i should do to unlock it?
    05-20-16 11:21 AM
    Thanks for the info buddy, So if it gets hard locked will i still be able to use it with rogers/fido? I believe that unlock code was correct. What do you think i should do to unlock it?
    It will still be usable on whatever carrier it was locked too at the time.
    You best bet is to stop further unlock attempts, then wait until Rogers 90day time elapses, and then have them unlock it.
    That way, if they screw up and hard-lock the device, it's their fault and they will have to make it right.
    05-20-16 02:58 PM