I currently have an Iphone 6 plus on att. The passport really looks interesting to me. I am considering trading in my 6 plus to att and buying the passport outright. Is it easy to put android apps that aren't on the Amazon App Store onto the phone ?

I use an app for iOS and android for my job called NCR pulse. Is there anyway someone can try to download it on their passport to see if it works? I also use an app called hotschedules a lot. Wondering how that one does as well.

How do the screens compare? I want to try it but I'm nervous! Iphone and blackberry have always been my two favorites.
    02-28-15 02:26 AM
    I currently have an Iphone 6 plus on att. The passport really looks interesting to me. I am considering trading in my 6 plus to att and buying the passport outright. Is it easy to put android apps that aren't on the Amazon App Store onto the phone ?

I use an app for iOS and android for my job called NCR pulse. Is there anyway someone can try to download it on their passport to see if it works? I also use an app called hotschedules a lot. Wondering how that one does as well.

How do the screens compare? I want to try it but I'm nervous! Iphone and blackberry have always been my two favorites.
    Just go into the store, and use it.
    02-28-15 02:34 AM
    Was not on display at my local att store.
    02-28-15 02:39 AM
    Also - would not be able to answer the other questions I asked.
    02-28-15 02:39 AM
    couldn�t test NCR as I don�t have an account. The other app you mentioned is not free, so couldn�t test it.
    Nervous to take the plunge!-img_20150228_100049.jpg
    jpoq likes this.
    02-28-15 03:05 AM
    I too was a little nervous, but have just brought a Passport. I'm expecting it to be delivered this morning!

PS - I have only ever seen on passport one display in a mobile phone shop. (round the back gathering dust)
    anon(9088244) likes this.
    02-28-15 03:11 AM
    couldn�t test NCR as I don�t have an account. The other app you mentioned is not free, so couldn�t test it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150228_100049.jpg 
Views:	1809 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	337607
    Was it easy to get the app on there at least ?
    02-28-15 03:15 AM
    The OS is definitely different from what you used to, coming from iOS and/or Android. But once you are used to it, all are well.

Definitely a work phone in compare to iOS or Android, so it all depends on what aspects you are looking for.

For me it is perfect and no regret coming from iPhone5s

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 03:38 AM
    I used Snap to install it. I just checked on the Amazon store to see if the NCR app was there, but it is not, at least not in Germany�s. HotSchedules is however.
    I�d recommend installing Snap - it is by far the best way of getting Android apps onto the device and as they are downloaded directly from the Google Play store you know you aren�t downloading anything dodgy.
    02-28-15 03:59 AM
    Was it easy to get the app on there at least ?
    You can load the Google Play Store on the phone using Cobalt's method. Then just install whatever app you need.

Posted via Passport! PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    02-28-15 05:38 AM
    There's a 30 day return policy with DR and I think Amazon is the same. You have nothing to lose really.
    02-28-15 05:49 AM
    My last BlackBerry was a long time ago. I just got the passport yesterday and it is impressive in person. I am happy I got the square version looks more striking. I am coming from a galaxy s3 and the app gap isn't huge with the help of amazon.

Take the plunge and see what happens. The phone is visually impressive and nothing on the market compares.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 07:24 AM
    I have a friend who has used blackberry and iPhones. He had the Passport, could not get a realtor app to work on the phone. Went to a iPhone 6. Missed the large display and keyboard of the Passport.
    Went back to the Passport,and has a work around for the realtor app.

Passport on ATT
    02-28-15 08:46 AM
    I too was a little nervous, but have just brought a Passport. I'm expecting it to be delivered this morning!

PS - I have only ever seen on passport one display in a mobile phone shop. (round the back gathering dust)
    James, congrats! Let us know what your initial reaction was to your phone. The store I went to said the one I purchased was the only one they had in the back. Smh @ ATT if this is true!

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 09:10 AM
    My last BlackBerry was a long time ago. I just got the passport yesterday and it is impressive in person. I am happy I got the square version looks more striking. I am coming from a galaxy s3 and the app gap isn't huge with the help of amazon.

Take the plunge and see what happens. The phone is visually impressive and nothing on the market compares.

Posted via CB10
    I love the the square version, and I agree it is striking. I was very disappointed when att rounded the corners, but once I seen it in person it didn't matter. I have the rounded version and I love it. Although it's a bit longer than the case I purchased for it, before ATT's announcement about the redesign. I guess ATT's version has an extra "chin" on the phone?

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 09:20 AM
    The Passport is one impressive device. Just started using mine and cannot put it down. Looking for excuses to use this excellent hybrid PKB.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    02-28-15 10:18 AM
    I think I'm going to do it. Maybe I'll get an iPad mini to go along with it to feed my iOS wants lol
    02-28-15 12:22 PM
    I think I'm going to do it. Maybe I'll get an iPad mini to go along with it to feed my iOS wants lol
    There you go now you're thinking very wisely.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 12:29 PM
    There you go now you're thinking very wisely.

Posted via CB10
    This is exactly what I have done for years...an iPad for the ios only things and the Blackberry to be productive.

Posted via CB10 on the awesome Passport
    02-28-15 01:26 PM
    BerryRipe & iRipe = best of both worlds

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 01:55 PM
    Do it.

I'm deaf/hard of hearing and had the same worries regarding an a relay app I could only find for Apple or Google/Android OS. Used BlackBerry phones forever for their email/text ability before the app came out. Switched to a 3Gs and later a S2 before returning to BlackBerry as I missed the physical keyboard. SNAP solved all my app worries. It is easy to install and use.

BlackBerry 10 OS is very intuitive and productive. On a side note: I have a iPad Mini that I used to use full time for mobil productivity. Since I bought the Passport the Mini has been relegated to watching movies and playing games; the Passport has basically replaced it for email, browsing, and reading documents (I have even composed a few and a small spreadsheet). Ironically, I now find myself accidentally trying to swipe while using my Mini and getting frustrate when I cannot!

Hope it works out as well for you as it has for me.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    02-28-15 04:42 PM
    I have recently made the move to BlackBerry from an iPhone and so far I have no regrets.
    I was able to install the Play Store app with very little difficulty . I do notice though that some google specific apps will not readable work with BlackBerry. Apparently it has something to do with a feature that Google puts into their apps to track you I guess??

Apparently there is a work around to pesky feature, perhaps a more experienced user can bring us both up to speed on that?

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 06:00 PM
    Can't comment on that specific app, but I own both a Passport and an iPhone 6 Plus.

So far the Passport seems good for basic smartphone functions with slick interface -- no small feat.

But the 6 Plus blows it away with the camera and apps. Maybe I'm slow, but it is very difficult to get the Passport to take a clear picture. Focus just does not work. 6 Plus camera is so easy to take good pictures.

As for apps, I haven't gone the Snap route yet, but the selection is dreadful from BlackBerry World and Amazon appstore. It's not just an issue of quantity, but refinement. My understanding is that Snap would help with quantity, but it sounds like the refinement issue will remain.

So if camera and apps are a top priority, I recommend sticking with the iPhone.

Passport is great for communication and productivity. My only other reservation with Passport, after owning two, are the inconsistencies in its performance. Touchscreen links don't always respond, doubletap for cursor doesn't always work but then randomly appears, swiping up to go back to home page/multitask gets mixed up with word swiping when composing, keyboard trackpad often lags or doesn't etc.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 06:58 PM
    It's far from a plunge. More like ascension.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 07:45 PM
    I've had mine a couple months. It's beautiful. The iPhone 6 plus is huge. Got one for one of my staff. The Passport fits nicely in my pockets and the screen is amazing. The extra wide screen makes a huge difference. Emails and documents are so much nicer to read.

BB Proud
    02-28-15 08:02 PM
27 12