I like to think I'm a reasonable person. I don't expect miracles or someone to control or handle something not in their control to do so...BUT... shop.blackberry.com has managed to push all of my buttons - all at the same freakin' time!

I've ordered through shop.blackberry.com before and have been pleased with the timely manner that I received my purchases through them. HOWEVER, this is the first time I pre-ordered from them - and what a major disappointing experience it has been. Oh! where to begin.

You know the old adage: if you really want to know how good or bad a company's customer service is, wait till you have a problem.

I was surprised to see the red Passport show in-stock on their site, so I called to ask an expected ship date as the original expected ship date was Dec 7th has long been passed. They have no idea. Nada. Ok i think, maybe BlackBerry is not communicating with them, so I'll let that one pass. <sigh>.

So, why are you showing it "in-stock"? Got a b---s--- answer.

You put a hold on my account for the amount after I placed my order. Why if you don't have a ship date? Another b---s--- answer.

Have a problem and need to change the card info? Don't bother trying. You will need to cancel your original order, go to the website and re-order.

My order contain the leather flip case. Why was it shipped to the AT&T store of whom I just happen to be a customer? The address on the shipping label was incomplete. They are not putting the full address on the shipping label DESPITE the fact that the shipping confirmation email contains the full address? DON'T bother calling. They can't correct their shipping label. You'll be directed to FedEx.

In fact, don't bother calling customer NO service as they only know how to read a script! You'll only get frustrated and end up pulling all of your hair out!!

FAIR WARNING!!!

Definitely next time I'll just order through amazon. So go ahead..vent out your frustration here if you feel the desire. You're NOT alone. You may feel better just getting it out. I learned my lesson and will act accordingly next go round.
    12-11-14 01:03 PM
    Not to discredit your story at all. I ordered from shopBB.com in the USA since happened to have stock in the regular black passport at the end of October. I contacted them twice. Once about cancelling since amazon had gotten stock soon after. They told me it was impossible since it was already waiting to be picked up.
    The second time was during the Black Friday specials for the passports. I had asked for a price match or I'd return the phone and re-order it from amazon in order to take advantage of the extra $100 off. They refunded the difference of the phone almost immediately. All their responses were within 24 hours. I wouldn't say they were the best responses however I was not discouraged by the process at all.
    12-12-14 07:46 PM
    I've ordered through shop.blackberry.com before and have been pleased with the timely manner that I received my purchases through them. HOWEVER, this is the first time I pre-ordered from them - and what a major disappointing experience it has been. Oh! where to begin...
    You sound like a newbie to CrackBerry.com. The problems you've listed have been discussed in /multiple/ threads.

My order contain the leather flip case. Why was it shipped to the AT&T store of whom I just happen to be a customer? The address on the shipping label was incomplete. They are not putting the full address on the shipping label DESPITE the fact that the shipping confirmation email contains the full address? DON'T bother calling. They can't correct their shipping label. You'll be directed to FedEx.
    You're saying they shipped a flip case to your local AT&T shop? This was ordered with your Passport order? In no way did you give them that info, correct? They figured it out somehow? That's actually kind of amazing...

In fact, don't bother calling customer NO service as they only know how to read a script! You'll only get frustrated and end up pulling all of your hair out!!

FAIR WARNING!!!

Definitely next time I'll just order through amazon. So go ahead..vent out your frustration here if you feel the desire. You're NOT alone. You may feel better just getting it out. I learned my lesson and will act accordingly next go round.
    Other people have given you fair warning in regards to Digital River. You didn't heed their warnings and somehow you're going to change that with a new thread?
    12-12-14 07:58 PM
    You sound like a newbie to CrackBerry.com. The problems you've listed have been discussed in /multiple/ threads.

As a Crackberry newbie turned Crackberry *user* now, I admit I haven't gotten to all the DR issues and was frankly unaware of just how incredibly bad they were!

You're saying they shipped a flip case to your local AT&T shop? This was ordered with your Passport order? In no way did you give them that info, correct? They figured it out somehow? That's actually kind of amazing...

It's really not all that amazing...
    I ship to a UPS store that accepts delivery on my behalf. The UPS store is in a strip mall area (basically, stores right next to each other). The main address of that strip mall area is the same - for example 4000 Main St. What differentiates one store's address from another is the suite #. So one store may have an address of 4000 Main St, Suite 3000 where as another store's address may be 4000 Main St. Suite 3080.

DR is leaving off the Suite part of the address and the FedEx delivery person - assuming it should be for the AT&T just a few doors down - leaves it there. Should the FedEx person assumed AT&T with a partial address? No. But to have DR not be willing or unable to correct the FedEx address (since they are FedEx's customer) is unbelievable!

Here in the US, many companies with website stores will allow the customer to pickup an order at a store of the customer's choosing. Therefore, it islikely no big deal for AT&T to get a delivery on behalf of a customer. They probably assumed it was ordered via an AT&T website for customer pickup.

The address I use for shipping and billing is the same. All my bills (including AT&T) and shipments have the same address. I imagine AT&T looked me up by name and the partial address to get my phone number.
    They simply called me and said I had a pickup.

Other people have given you fair warning in regards to Digital River. You didn't heed their warnings and somehow you're going to change that with a new thread?

I had to chuckle at this. There are TONS of threads on this site! It can be overwhelming as a newcomer. It seems a bit ridiculous to expect someone fairly new to be up-to-date with all the various issues expressed in so many threads imo.

The bottom line is, I had no reason to question DR's service. It wasn't the first time I ordered from them - I had no issues when I ordered my white Q10 from them. Why would I expect any difference and what motivation would I have to suddenly start looking for issues on this site or any other site for that reason?

I have my Passport now (no thanks to DR), so this is all a mute point. However,I did want to respond to you since you took time to reply to my post. I hope this clears up any confusion.
    12-26-14 04:59 PM
    Not to discredit your story at all. I ordered from shopBB.com in the USA since happened to have stock in the regular black passport at the end of October. I contacted them twice. Once about cancelling since amazon had gotten stock soon after. They told me it was impossible since it was already waiting to be picked up.
    The second time was during the Black Friday specials for the passports. I had asked for a price match or I'd return the phone and re-order it from amazon in order to take advantage of the extra $100 off. They refunded the difference of the phone almost immediately. All their responses were within 24 hours.

It's wasn't my first time dealing with them. I had absolutely no problems with DR when I ordered my white Q10 from them. As such, I ordered again. That is what you do when you're a happy customer. So based on my experience before this debacle, I would be singing praises the same as you. If I hadn't gone through what I went through with them, I wouldn't have believed it myself. I really wouldn't.

I wouldn't say they were the best responses however I was not discouraged by the process at all.

Wait a while!
    It's just a matter of time unless they fix whatever issues they have in their procedures. Unfortunately, I NOW know different. Since my OP, I've since read many MANY posts of people having issues with DR. You may want to search them out. I say this out of kindness from one BB user to another, not be to smart with you. I wouldn't want you to be caught off guard as I was.
    12-26-14 05:28 PM