Hello:

I have an aging Bold 9780, changed three times the battery, still working, but some apps doesn't work anymore or not updates will be.
    I have in mind to choose between an Iphone 6 or a BB Passport, yes I know I can't compare apples to Berries.

I've been peeking the reviews and complaints about PP, I know there's no perfect smartphone.

I have in mind to upgrade to the Passport, but before I need to be in the safe side if I can get the work done (I think so) but I prefer to ask here because you are the PP users.

Applications that I use most:

- 4 emails accounts all of them using IMAP, one Gmail another Hotmail and two other private email accounts.
    - Whatsapp
    - Facebook
    - XPRSS (a RSS feeder)
    - Opera (an Alternative browser in case the main browser enters in catatonic state)
    - Google Maps (to watch the traffic) BB maps doesn't work in Peru
    - Calendar (used to sync with Google Calendar, but not anymore)
    - Games ( Word Mole, Klondike, Free Solitaire) I'm not a gamer addict.
    - Gtalk (to kep in touch with my co workers)

Photos... some times I need to take some snapshots
    Use the BBM some times (not many users are using it), but I use like a Skype programme, to talk overseas, works perfect in my 9780.

How are working the programs to need to be installed like Android apps?

(Skype, Whatsapp, Facebook chat or the main programme).

I would appreciate if somebody in the forum could give me some advice before I pull the trigger, I need to change my phone but first I would like to read your thoughts.

Regards
    11-24-14 04:43 PM
    It sounds like emailing is a very big component of your device usage, at least judging from the number of email accounts you have on your phone. I'd make a couple of points about the Passport.

1. Management of email messaging is extremely easy and efficient through BlackBerry Hub. While I can't compare it directly to the iPhone, let's just say it works incredibly well with my 5 email accounts, BBM and social media.

2. With so many emails accounts, I would expect that typing accuracy is important to you. I've used virtual keyboards before but nothing compares with Passport's keyboard. It is simply excellent. Well if you care about accuracy and speed, well you can't beat the Passport.

3. Again, with that number of accounts, I'm assuming that battery life is important because you use your device constantly. Battery life on the Passport is excellent.

4. The Passport's screen is excellent and the font used on the device makes it ideal for reading. That's not to say you can't read well on the iPhone. But the Passport's width allows for a superior reading experience.

For news reading I use RSS Savvy. It's excellent. As a news junky I am able to keep up to date easily on my Passport.

I can't talk about games. Others may have opinions.

Maps, well I use BlackBerry Maps. I can't help you there specifically but let me say that BlackBerry Assistant works very well for me. Sure it doesn't have a spiffy name like Siri but it just works. I'm not sure what maps it uses when you ask for directions but it works for me.

Anyway, I think you have to decide what you want to do with your new device. The Passport is tremendous for what it is designed to do. The iPhone seems to be more entertainment and media consumption. Think vocation versus avocation. It's not quite work versus play as the distinctions don't seem to be that stark but I hope you get my drift.

Again, once you know what you want to do with the device, then you can decide which one works best for you.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 05:09 PM
    Many will chime in on the apps...me it would come down to form factor as the apps I believe for the most part will not be an issue.

Do you want a physical keyboard?
    Will you be ok with not having a one handed device?

For many these answers can be a non starter...after that it start to get more subjective.
    11-24-14 05:13 PM
    Really?
    Really?

PULL THE TRIGGER.
    You'll never get a better deal than this for a premium phone by BlackBerry.
    It's an unprecedented moment. You will be so happy.
    The Passport grows on you!

Hello:

I have an aging Bold 9780, changed three times the battery, still working, but some apps doesn't work anymore or not updates will be.
    I have in mind to choose between an Iphone 6 or a BB Passport, yes I know I can't compare apples to Berries.

I've been peeking the reviews and complaints about PP, I know there's no perfect smartphone.

I have in mind to upgrade to the Passport, but before I need to be in the safe side if I can get the work done (I think so) but I prefer to ask here because you are the PP users.

Applications that I use most:

- 4 emails accounts all of them using IMAP, one Gmail another Hotmail and two other private email accounts.
    - Whatsapp
    - Facebook
    - XPRSS (a RSS feeder)
    - Opera (an Alternative browser in case the main browser enters in catatonic state)
    - Google Maps (to watch the traffic) BB maps doesn't work in Peru
    - Calendar (used to sync with Google Calendar, but not anymore)
    - Games ( Word Mole, Klondike, Free Solitaire) I'm not a gamer addict.
    - Gtalk (to kep in touch with my co workers)

Photos... some times I need to take some snapshots
    Use the BBM some times (not many users are using it), but I use like a Skype programme, to talk overseas, works perfect in my 9780.

How are working the programs to need to be installed like Android apps?

(Skype, Whatsapp, Facebook chat or the main programme).

I would appreciate if somebody in the forum could give me some advice before I pull the trigger, I need to change my phone but first I would like to read your thoughts.

Regards
    11-24-14 05:14 PM